Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Where to find the SynthMaster Licence Key? MarioD 04/06/24 01:48 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You can try running the free Belarc Advisor: https://www.belarc.com/products/belarc-advisor If the licenses are on he HD the Belarc Advisor will find them, been there-done that.
Replies 3 Views 209 Read More
Re: Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Featuring Janice on vocals) Janice & Bud 04/06/24 01:34 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
I know when I see your names on the post I ain't never gonna hear a bad performance or recording, and I am not going to walk away disappointed. You guys are on fire and the water bucket is dry.
Originally Posted by Derochette
Hi PeterF, Splendid guitar playing. The vocals and the orchestration flow together well. Janice's voice still on top.. Well done. I appreciated. Jani.
Originally Posted by firesong
Peter...a classic blues/rock/rockabilly tune done to perfection! super guitar work and Janice is right at home here...super collaboration indeed!
Thanks guys. This production was FUN! J&B
Replies 63 Views 2,511 Read More
Re: Band in the Box 2024 v.1109 surprises ari 04/06/24 01:31 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks jpettit smile (Thinking by myself: What would I gain by RTFS'ing? Haven't even changed anything...Hm,,not much anyway)
Replies 13 Views 570 Read More
Re: Why Isn't Love Always Fair? BabuMusic 04/06/24 01:06 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Oh, yes, Dan, very differewnt for you, but I hear you in there so well. Excellent melody, and to my ears it sounds like you're doing a fine job manipulating those synths. Unrequited love maybe should be sad, but (maybe the best part is that) this one still has an uplifting feel to it. I had to give it a few spins, and on the last one I searched for that famous Simmons modulation. The song is so good, I wasn't disappointed.
Replies 19 Views 629 Read More
Re: She Can't Drive A Stick Shift BabuMusic 04/06/24 12:59 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Man, I have a few stories of my wife and 4-on-the-floor driving. She's realy good at it, but... Anyway, back to your gal here. First I like your synopsis of the story. Excellent lyrics and a good melody to drive them. Love the band. The sequel would be the guy hits the bottle so hard when she's gone that he starts taking Ubers --and SHE'S the driver.
Replies 10 Views 228 Read More
Re: JUDITH SAID by Janice & ray with help from Bud & Bandhi Janice & Bud 04/06/24 12:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BabuMusic
LOVE IT! Lyrics are so cool. Good call leaving it with J&B. Such an excellent mix and Janice's vocals are sensational. Love that harmony. So glad you're doing well, Ray. I really enjoy the progression and drive of this one. Super bassist too, and guitars support the structure well.
Thanks a bunch, Marty. When I first read the lyric I wanted to be a part of this song as it reminded me of times that my sisters and I had questioned our Mama and our Granny about the “why” of events from the past and they’d reply, “well, honey, your Daddy (or Grandaddy) wanted to.” Ray’s chord structure and his band were the perfect accompaniment for the poignant lyric. I loved the light touch of the guitars and flute with the intensity of the drums and his bass is always perfecto. Again, thanks Marty and a big thank you to Ray! Janice
Replies 48 Views 1,128 Read More
Re: Post Op update.... 3-31-24 (hopefully not TMI) chulaivet1966 04/06/24 12:54 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Guitarhacker
This medical event has kept me out of the loop. So at this point I'm recovering well. Doc said No manual labor or strenuous work. This appears to have fixed a number of issues I was having. Anyway, I'm feeling better than I have in many years and because of the surgery, this will never be a problem for me again.
Mornin' Herb.... Sorry about the ailment but the above is very good to hear. I'm just a week or so away from 77 and I've had spinal stenosis for over a decade. I'm thankful for every day I have above the dirt. Hope you get back to optimum quickly. Carry on.
Replies 17 Views 497 Read More
Re: When I Met You BabuMusic 04/06/24 12:51 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
So good, Ronnie. Thoughts and prayers for you two, and I can hear how special she is to you. 36 years? You must be pretty special too. I have chills from the passion in your voice, and you surround it with the perfect band. Such a good heartfelt write.
Replies 9 Views 167 Read More
Re: Some Songs BabuMusic 04/06/24 12:47 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
Marty, very creative indeed! The violin gave it a slight country vibe to my ears. Professionally done . . . as always. Great job.
Thanks, Steve. In country we call them fiddles. HAHA
Originally Posted by WaoBand
This is just a brilliant, gorgeous song, Marty! Great lyrics, great music, and that fiddles was the perfect choice for the lead instrument. 5 Star music! … Love the video, too.
Thank you, m'man Chay.
Originally Posted by musician17
One of your best, Marty. Laid back and really enjoyable. Bravo!
Thanks, James. Laid back for sure.
Originally Posted by jannesan
"Sappy songs with sibilant sounds" splendid synopsis smile And "But the songs that still excite my soul are the ones I sing with you", you always find the right words. That fiddle has nice nostalgic vibe and together with the pleasant chord progression lights the fire and really excite my soul. And "Songs bring out the best of life", yes, music is the language we speak on this forum, telling more about us than any words. And memories of us live forever in these songs, they are not just 'some songs', they are 'The Songs' - the best times of our lives is spent here, I hope you agree smile Janne
Janne, you are definitely one of my all-time favorite humans. "Spendid synopsis" seemed somewhat silly. Still special. You're right about the songs on this forum and the folks that create them. I enjoy these songs more than any others.
Replies 23 Views 544 Read More
Re: Surprise: Encore may be back Notes Norton 04/06/24 12:34 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks, I may try again. Win 10 has been updated quite a few times, and is now an updated 11, so it just might work. Gigs slow down next month, so sooner or later I'll have time (I did 22 in March and 18 so far on the calendar this month). The 'season' is just about over, so I don't think it'll last much longer. Meanwhile, I have an old ThinkPad running Win XP that is still working fine. Notes ♫
Replies 44 Views 7,643 Read More
Re: Free Kontakt Player Instruments Paj 04/06/24 11:04 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Until April 30th: Native Instruments Play Series-Utopia is being offered to existing KVR Account members and new sign-ups if you enter a drawing to win one of three versions of Komplete (Standard, Ultimate, and Ultimate Collector's Edition). If you're an existing account holder, login before you fill out the very short form. In the Need-To-Know section, this statement was made: "Licenses are issued manually, so please allow for up to 48 hours after entry to receive yours." I received my Native Access serial within 30 minutes. Utopia normally sells for $49. https://www.kvraudio.com/giveaways/get-native-instruments-utopia-free-and-win-a-copy-of-komplete-14-ultimate-ce-65? Paj 8^)
Replies 60 Views 10,227 Read More
Re: My friends have gone away laurent4114 04/06/24 10:59 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by MarioD
Laurent, Great song Super groove Sad but oh so true lyrics Great mix. FWIW - I didn't care for the synth vocal, but that is only my opinion and others may not agree. However it didn't really detract to much from this song.
Thank you Mario for your kind comments. The problem is that the synthesizers sing in tune and I don't! Laurent
Originally Posted by Brad Williams
Cool production. The type of song that makes you sit back and think a little. I also hear some Doobies in there. By the way, neat video too. Brad
Thank you Brad for your comments. laurent
Replies 28 Views 565 Read More
Re: Black White Yellow (with Solaria) laurent4114 04/06/24 10:49 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Bonjour Christian. il y a un beau mariage entre la guitare (super accords) et le chant. c'est très chouette. Laurent
Replies 15 Views 459 Read More
Re: When I Met You DC Ron 04/06/24 10:32 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ronnie, beautiful song, tenderly sung. I'll join the earlier responses in offering my thoughts and prayers.
Replies 9 Views 167 Read More
Re: Why We Ride by Spirit Level aka Robert C and Scott C DC Ron 04/06/24 10:27 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ha! First time I've ever heard a chainring size in a song lyric. Well done! Seriously, a transportive song that captures the road beautifully. Great performances by both of you, and nicely produced.
Replies 18 Views 366 Read More
Re: Green Is So Much Greener Without Blue B.D.Thomas 04/06/24 10:07 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
Hey Brain, Even though this really isn't my genre, I can appreciate the effort that went into this. And it was an enjoyable listen. I don't get pop music anywhere else, only here. At first I thought, "Wait, these lyrics sound like a female perspective but I hear a male voice singing (probably his voice)." When the song ended, I scanned some of the earlier reviews and the proverbial light bulb lit, a synth voice is at play. Then the world made sense again, she underwent a sex change smile Good job.
Thanks Thumping Man smile To me Natalie doesn't sound like a guy, she sings contralto, the lowest female vocal range, but she still sounds like a female. But you're not the only one, so I'll probably go up a third or a fifth on the next song, it makes a big difference down there.
Replies 36 Views 1,292 Read More
Re: Shameless plug: My first album is released B.D.Thomas 04/06/24 10:01 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Hi Brian, Good show on the album! I have a Spotify account and added you to the list of artists I follow. I haven't listened to your album yet, but I saved it and will listen later. If your friend is earning enough to buy a beer a day he is doing pretty good! I've found we do *way* better on YouTube than we do on Spotify as far as listens go, no idea why. Best of luck!
Thanks, Dave. I think on Spotify, if(!) you end up in a good playlist, you'll get a few listens, but without that, there's literally nothing. On YouTube, your newly uploaded video will be suggested to other users for a while, and even if you're an unknown, you'll get some exposure to potential fans. And a good video supporting the song doesn't hurt either.
Replies 38 Views 1,633 Read More
Re: THE GREATEST SONG_Gayle and David Eurovision!!! rsdean 04/06/24 09:51 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David / Gayle, This truly may be the greatest song... You guys sing the stuff out of this tune. Love it and congratulations on Eurovision - quite the feat! Bob
Replies 26 Views 771 Read More
Re: Painting A Fence musician17 04/06/24 09:47 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Marty: thanks! You're too kind, as always. Glad I got the bad imagery out of your head, haha. And yes, "wax on" is the exact quote from exactly the correct movie smile - thanks so much for listening, and for such thoughtful comments ... again, as always! David Cuny: a little secret: I sing whenever the harmony is simple enough for me to predict what chord is coming smile When I write complicated harmonies, which I sometimes do, I need to either write down the melody - in notation form, or else just talk, otherwise my voice will make a mess, over the complicated harmonies, since I don't know what chord's coming next. In other words, I'm a lazy so and so, who's too lazy to write the chord symbols over his lyrics. There is a way to do this in BIAB, I think, but I haven't discovered it yet, so ... hope this elucidates matters, somewhat, haha ... thanks for listening, anyway, and for your kind comments! Janice and Bud: yes, good endings are always to be hoped for smile Thanks so much for your listening, and for commenting so kindly! DC Ron: you're kind. Thanks! Mario D: thank you so much. I am actually considering whether to write more songs, right now, or not ... and the reason for that is that I think my older songs are better, and I'm "hitting a wall", inspiration-wise, these days. Don't know what's happened, maybe I've said everything I have to say, for now, who knows. Anyway smile Ready to help with any painting jobs, though I ought to let you know that, in "real life", I'm a disaster at all things DIY ... musician's fingers and all that (or, at least, that's my excuse smile ) ... so, if you don't mind me making a complete mess of whatever you want me to paint, I'm ready to help! wink Thanks again for such amazingly kind comments!
Replies 12 Views 503 Read More
Re: Ghost Of Love rsdean 04/06/24 09:26 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Vic, Thanks - appreciate your thoughts. Bob
Replies 42 Views 1,826 Read More
Re: King of Kings rsdean 04/06/24 09:25 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan, Beautiful and sincere... Great music and a great mix - awesome production. Bob
Replies 21 Views 479 Read More
Re: JUDITH SAID by Janice & ray with help from Bud & Bandhi rsdean 04/06/24 09:22 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ray, Janice & Bud, An absolutely great piece of music... Top, top shelf stuff. Janice nails a stunning vocal once again. Loved everything about this one. A great combination of talent. Bob
Replies 48 Views 1,128 Read More
Real Band 2021 en español ACA 04/06/24 08:23 AM Forum: Foro para el usuario de Band-in-a-Box en Español Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Buenos días Carlos: Quisiera poder obtener la actualización del Real Band 2021 en español. Es que tuve un problema en el ordenador y tuve que reinstalar BIAB y Real Band de nuevo. El BIAB lo tengo en español pero no el Real Band. Muchas Gracias.
Replies 0 Views 57 Read More
Re: "Peerless Blues" - (featuring Peerless Cremona) camog 04/06/24 07:07 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks David - super pleased you enjoyed it !! Best, Carl
Replies 18 Views 603 Read More
Where to find the SynthMaster Licence Key? Museeker 04/06/24 06:53 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi all, after a harddisc recovery and migration to a new one I suffered several licence issues with my software. Also SynthMaster is asking for a key. In the product area of my account I don´t find such info. What to do? Where to look for it? Thanks for your help! Cheers Stefan
Replies 3 Views 209 Read More
Page 68 of 113 1 2 66 67 68 69 70 112 113
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,620
Posts735,183
Members38,518
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
vasilich, maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01
38,517 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185