Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: In my brain Chris37 04/06/24 05:47 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi David, I found it funny to add a second voice. Natalie just sings when the birds are talking.
Replies 10 Views 232 Read More
Re: Black White Yellow (with Solaria) Chris37 04/06/24 05:41 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Here's a version with 3 voices : Asterian, Kevin and Solaria: https://soundcloud.com/christian-devienne/black-white-yellow-3-voices
Replies 15 Views 459 Read More
Re: Ain't Never Been This Bad rayc 04/06/24 04:53 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It's fab Alan. You always tweak a BIAB lead to near perfection which is impressive enough but you then coax good melody from it too! FABULOUS
Replies 25 Views 656 Read More
Re: On The Wings Of Love rayc 04/06/24 04:50 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Would've been a George Benson hit. He'd've mellowed the rhythm section a bit but would've dug the groove. The bass is ace. Everything is ace.
Replies 41 Views 1,258 Read More
Re: JESUS KICK MY...David Snyder rayc 04/06/24 04:47 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good, good band! Obviously the word Jesus could be substituted with any basic common sense, mum dad taught me homilies if folk were lucky enough to get them. You do the slightly naughty turn of phrase very well. Fun stuff.
Replies 36 Views 884 Read More
Re: EDM? rayc 04/06/24 04:43 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Floyd has the goods on this - the top end, melody line and arrangement are solid but the bottom end isn't solid enough - the snare off to the left is too natural a as well. Get the bottom end really pumping. I like to top half.
Replies 34 Views 1,006 Read More
Re: EDM? SterlingHolobyte 04/06/24 04:38 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
As someone who has made bouncy electronic music on my old Korg 01-wfd synth workstation(albeit a bit darker in tone), I gotta say that I like your stuff. I enjoy listening to music like that and look forward to your next song using this genre. I am not sure I could do this on my version of BIAB, though. Do you have one of the higher end version? I haven't found too much electronic/techno stuff on mine.
Re: Any Old Codgers Looking for Good Collaborators? dcuny 04/06/24 03:07 AM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, KC. This is a rather broad request, as it's not clear what sort of style you're asking for. I suspect it would be better if you had a song, and then reached out to someone on the forum who's playing sounds like it might match, and then send them a message.
Replies 10 Views 374 Read More
Re: "Peerless Blues" - (featuring Peerless Cremona) dcuny 04/06/24 03:03 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Carl. Clicked, listened, enjoyed. Solid track, nicely played. smile
Replies 18 Views 602 Read More
Re: In my brain dcuny 04/06/24 02:57 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Christian. Pleasant song! The harmony worked out especially well.
Replies 10 Views 232 Read More
Re: THE GREATEST SONG_Gayle and David Eurovision!!! dcuny 04/06/24 02:50 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, David. The title pretty much says it all. wink And now I've got this image in my head of you as a fairy queen, and... I can't unsee it! Other than that... I enjoyed it. smile
Replies 26 Views 771 Read More
Re: AI vocals justanoldmuso 04/06/24 02:19 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
mcity. im a vocallist and would love to be able gen back up vocs for my songs...which i normally have to fudge myself. femmes are difficult without squeezing a certain part of my anatomy. but i think it would lovely to be included in bb ie voc synth plugin vst etc....and not have to go on the net as its a problem for us whose pc's never see the net. what i would suggest is in the same way pg was good enough to offer the built in synthmaster...we need the same built in for back up vocs male and female. lets call it 'vocalmaster'. i would be all over that if built into bb as ive been following the talented dcuny and other pg users in the showcase viz synth vocals....very impressive. btw ive been looking into the juce developer tools. what a game changer for devs of music apps. gonna look into more based on my years in tech. maybe i'll make a backup singer plugin...!o!. only trouble is i was a lousy coder so i became a system architect and project mgr in a previous life. lmao. my life was very surreal...tech work in the day then like a bat at night flying around singing in bands and then weekends church. seriously i wish someone would build a bb plug in for backup vocs. oooh...maybe useing juce so its cross platform. my dream is one day bb on a pi like some other music apps. cripes pi pc is so cheap pg could offer a pi preloaded with pg starter software with say a thousand styles/rt's/rd's/midi supers etc etc for say a upak basic price. very yummy. (sorry my tech marketing previous life once...lol) seriously the juce looks very very interesting cos of the possibility of music apps useing rad tech approaches. but i would LOVE in bb to have a backup singers plugin. we could call it 'girls rule boys drrool' lol. now i feel like some carrot juce as my eye docs tell me its good for my new eyesight. lol. seriously juce looks very very groovy for developing music apps. gonna delve into it much more. happiness. om 🇨🇦 🇬🇧
Replies 8 Views 257 Read More
How Brass Instruments work AudioTrack 04/06/24 02:02 AM Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
While we're discussing brass musical instruments, Davit Bennett explains (for the benefit of piano players, like me wink ):
Replies 2 Views 77 Read More
Skilled manufacturing of Brass Instruments AudioTrack 04/06/24 01:47 AM Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Lots of patience involved, and clearly a lot of 'old school' style artisans make up a large part of the skills required:
Replies 0 Views 37 Read More
Re: THE GREATEST SONG_Gayle and David Eurovision!!! PeterF 04/06/24 01:43 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
David Good luck, I'm sure you are on a winner. Peter
Replies 26 Views 771 Read More
Re: Error Msg When Changing Meter to 6/4 King Conga 04/06/24 01:41 AM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Audiotrack. I'll check on it later. I'm done for the night right now. BTW, would you ever be interested in collaborating with me on some arrangements on old cover tunes? Sometimes I just need help on just a few bars, like this tune. In turn, I can help with really tasty drum & perc parts. Just let me know.
Replies 5 Views 111 Read More
Re: Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Featuring Janice on vocals) PeterF 04/06/24 01:38 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by firesong
Peter...a classic blues/rock/rockabilly tune done to perfection! super guitar work and Janice is right at home here...super collaboration indeed!
Thanks Dan Peter
Originally Posted by Derochette
Hi PeterF, Splendid guitar playing. The vocals and the orchestration flow together well. Janice's voice still on top.. Well done. I appreciated. Jani.
Thanks Peter
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
I know when I see your names on the post I ain't never gonna hear a bad performance or recording, and I am not going to walk away disappointed. You guys are on fire and the water bucket is dry.
Thanks Scott Peter
Replies 63 Views 2,511 Read More
Re: Error Msg When Changing Meter to 6/4 AudioTrack 04/06/24 01:17 AM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I think possibly the problem is that all the bars had been entered as 4/4 first, then bar 23 was changed to 2/4 which effectively shifted the 3rd beat from bar 23 into bar 24, which is not what you probably wanted. Possibly one way to achieve this would be to set the number of beats to 2/4 on bar 23, enter the chord for the first 2 beats of the 6/4 bar, and then set 4/4 on bar 24 and then enter the chords for the last 4 beats of the 6/4 bar.
Replies 5 Views 111 Read More
Any Old Codgers Looking for Good Collaborators? King Conga 04/06/24 01:15 AM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey Gang, I'm a very skilled drummer, vocalist, and pretty darn good arranger, but I occasionally need some skilled guitarists, and keyboard players. I create original arrangements of old covers (60's, 70's, 80's), but as I said, I occasionally need help on mostly guitar and keyboard parts. I'm hoping I can do some creative bartering with some of the talented codgers that appreciate those former golden decades. You know, I create a tasty drum part, and you create a nice guitar part, or maybe it's just a fill, or a subtle groove. Let me know if you're interested. Thanks, KC
Replies 10 Views 374 Read More
Re: AI vocals musocity 04/06/24 01:06 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I don't know if this built in one is any better these days: Generate Synthetic Vocal - Sinsy You can hear Band-in-a-Box singing, with built-in support for the popular online vocal synth "Sinsy." To access this feature, you should first enter melodies and lyrics to the Melody or Soloist track. If no lyrics are present, you can still generate a vocal synth using the syllable of your choice (e.g. la la la). You can launch the Vocal Synth generation by one of the followings. - Press the [Vocal Synth] button on the Notation window toolbar and select either of the Vocal Synth (auto or manual) menu items. - Press the [Big Lyrics] tool bar button, and select either of the Vocal Synth (auto or manual) menu items. - Go to menu Edit - Lyrics - Vocal Synth. With the manual mode, Band-in-a-Box creates a Sound.XML file, which you need to upload to the Sinsy server. When the Sinsy has generated an audio file with a vocal synth, import it to Band-in-a-Box. https://www-sinsy-jp
Re: How to Report Spam posts, and recognize when they have been reported AudioTrack 04/06/24 12:44 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Gordon Scott
I presume the flag and the comment are read by the administrator and that person makes a kill/no-kill decision. I think Matt post will not be killed.
Yes, that's correct (on both counts grin ).
Replies 6 Views 216 Read More
AI vocals Doggie 04/05/24 11:58 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I don't know if this has been suggested but I'd love to have it. Similar to Suno AI where you add the lyrics and it creates a track. Of course in BIAB it already knows the style you should only have to choose the singer and BIAB would insert the track Maybe each line of the lyrics would generate separate so you could position it where it needs to go.
Re: Yes, I Know I Can User RealBand, But... Jeff Yankauer 04/05/24 11:56 PM Forum: PowerTracks Pro Audio Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The issue of the BB plugin crashing was fixed in 6.1.8 which is included in the new build 1111 update of BBW.
Replies 8 Views 806 Read More
Re: EDM? MarioD 04/05/24 11:49 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Scott C
Very cool Mario. Rave music can really get you going. Well done...
Thanx Scott. Yes EDM has a heavy beat throughout but IMHO thin on leads and chord progressions.
Re: How to Report Spam posts, and recognize when they have been reported JohnJohnJohn 04/05/24 11:39 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
So you flagged MY post?
That made me laugh!
Replies 6 Views 216 Read More
Page 69 of 113 1 2 67 68 69 70 71 112 113
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,620
Posts735,182
Members38,517
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose
38,516 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185