Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: In my brain DC Ron 04/04/24 08:16 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chris, super track! Everything sounds really great, and I love the progression. Another nice one!
Replies 10 Views 232 Read More
Re: MusicXML anomalies shlind 04/04/24 06:56 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I had to experiment with the BIAB load special settings: ”BB song bar offset” and ”Number of bars in XML to skip” in order for the chords to align correctly in BIAB. It seems to depend on if there is a non complete bar at the beginning of the song. The setting that worked for me was ”BB song bar offset=2”, ”Number of bars in XML to skip=1” and the first bar was only 1 beat (in the original song from SongMaster Pro via MuseScore). The file that I tested had chords spread over various beats 1,2,3,4 and they seemed to align correctly. It will miss the first bar with only one beat. ---EDIT It seems to work fine with the default settings as well ie ”BB song bar offset=2”, ”Number of bars in XML to skip=0”. Only thing is that the 3 first beats will get an C chord since my song only begin with one beat in the first bar.
Replies 12 Views 304 Read More
Re: 2024v1109 Jazz#1 RD Artifacts musocity 04/04/24 06:34 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I was going by the bar numbers you showed and it was where it went from A > B or B > A If the noise in the middle of a section you won't have a join, if you can show a pic in Edit mode where it is other than at a join then you can disable that bar in the txt. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Replies 17 Views 506 Read More
Windows Media Foundation musocity 04/04/24 06:16 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
For JUCE I see there is "MediaFoundation VideoComponent for Windows" https://forum.juce.com/t/mediafoundation-videocomponent-for-windows/59952 To get Reaper to now play the wma or m4a direct on windows, for source properties it shows "Video item properties": Using Windows Media Foundation v2 decoder for audio Encoded audio format: AAC Using Windows Media Foundation v2 decoder for audio Encoded audio format: WMAudioV8 So why not use m4a as the crossplatform compressed audio format for the PLUGIN to play direct ? It can play both to be backward compatible and the main Biab should be able to decompress either wma or m4a, or play wma or m4a demos. Mac will play aiff or wav as the uncompressed format. If you can get crossplatform started with the JUCE PLUGIN and get the generate code into it then it can develop independently from the 6mths Win 6mths Mac development saga without all your eggs in the one Delphi basket, future proofing. That and crossplatform content installers allowing users to use their Biab purchase on Win and/or Mac, with SGU working on both without having to wait 6mths for the new RealTracks SGU to work on Mac. As I keep saying, if I as a non programmer can make Lua scripts in Reaper to generate tracks the same as Biab then surely a C++ programmer like Adar can do this ? he won't have to wait all the time for BBW4 programmers. Things will be fixed and added a lot quicker. The Plugin Standalone can become the new crossplatform Biab Lite, with features being added to it gradually without the bloat of the main Biab. Easy to learn, easy to use, EZBBvst. These download instantly, there is no 6mths wait in between clicking download buttons [Linked Image]
Replies 1 Views 98 Read More
Re: "Peerless Blues" - (featuring Peerless Cremona) camog 04/04/24 05:54 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Mario, super glad you liked my bluesy tune - I'm not a 'dedicated' blueser but the blues is very much in there, I used to play lots & lots of distorted guitar notes years ago. But nowadays (old age) I've slowed down to more chilled and relaxing music making with clean mellow sounds! Thanks for taking a listen Mario, and for very nice comments! Best wishes, Carl
Replies 18 Views 605 Read More
Re: "Floating Dreams" - (chill instrumental) camog 04/04/24 05:42 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Dan, thanks so much for your kind comments - much appreciated, chuffed you like my chilled tune! I've said it before - everything in our world seems to be speeding up and tumbling out of control, music has the power to slow us down and take stock of what's really important in life! Very pleased you found it relaxing and calming, thanks for listening!! Cheers from the UK, Carl
Replies 12 Views 205 Read More
JUDITH SAID by Janice & ray with help from Bud & Bandhi rayc 04/04/24 03:45 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes, I know, I've been absent for a while AGAIN & yes, I was "Rookwood" AGAIN. But nothing horrifying and long term just what happened with some long term medications sometimes. This one started life as a backing that I'd done in early January. I finished that aspect of it and left it alone waiting for inspiration. Inspiration came later in the month & I had a set of lyrics. I toiled & toiled to get a melody but wasn't very successful. It was clear the song needed a voice that didn't need a bucket. I contacted Janice & Bud, as I do when in need, & left it with them. After some listening and playing around with the SGU Janice found a key that best suited her and responded that she'd also done as I'd hoped and fixed the melody, timing & phrasing...it does take a singer to do those things. I was super happy with the news and set about relearning the song in F rather than A. I learnt some new chords, reworked the bass line, regenerated the BIAB parts and bango...had a new backing for Janice to work with. Janice & Bud were super quick with their side of things and the song was off to the M.E. who was very impressed with the vocal. BIAB performs the acoustic solo, drums & organ. Janice did the melody, vocal arrangements and vocals. Bud tracked & treated Janice's work. I did the bass, classical guitar, electric guitar as well as the midi based Melloton flutes. I wrote the midi parts with a midi editor and used the Redtron VSTi for the sounds. I had played them in "live" in the 1st recording but couldn't get my fingers around the key change. Video incorporates BIAB Video tracks for drums & keyboard. It's "DONE' but please, any suggestions, critiques etc. are just as valid so make them if you have them. THANK YOU JANICE & BUD! More details if required.
Replies 48 Views 1,145 Read More
Re: 2024v1109 Jazz#1 RD Artifacts ShawnR 04/04/24 02:06 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello Musocity, These artifacts are definitely not drum kick and, in fact, are not related to any percussion sound. They are short burst of extraneous noise that are being introduced into the track via post processing. They occur on the upbeat (perhaps even a bit after this) of the 4th beat of the last bar of every 8 bar section of the "B" substyle of the Jazz#1 style. Based on my experience with a number of the Jazz RDs, this is the only RD that exhibits this behavior. So, I don't believe this is an issue of offset - it is an issue of this noise being added to this specific RD track due to some sort of processing. SR
Re: Please help with this simple User survey DrDan 04/04/24 01:24 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
bump. I want to keep this on top for a few more days. Then I will close it.
Replies 15 Views 438 Read More
Re: MusicXML anomalies Matt Finley 04/03/24 11:35 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I use several programs. I'll give more detail when I have more time, but I just now ran a quick test. I exported a big band score to Music XML from Presonus Notion 6, my notation program. BIAB imported only the root and, where present, the root and the slash root. No major, minor, 7, etc nor upper extensions. Musescore 4 imported the same file and gave me all the correct chords. There was one annoying error: if there were two chords per measure, Musescore showed them both in the first beat, one above the other. But I could at least see the right chords and fix them into the correct place. So, just from this dead simple 30-second test, I know there is at least one serious problem importing Music XML into BIAB. By the way, I said this in some thread on the subject, but I've found Musescore to be the most helpful in reading Music XML. Some programs just crash if there is an error in the code. Musescore acts like a compiler; and it will give you an error message where one is detected.
Replies 12 Views 304 Read More
Re: Bob and I on 3-24 MarioD 04/03/24 11:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Bass Thumper
You guys are a great team. I liked this a lot and didn't even notice (or mind) the lack of percussion. The lead guitar was particularly well done. Great job.
Thanx so much Steve. I'll be sure to pass on your comments to Bob.
Replies 28 Views 590 Read More
Re: Bob and I on 3-24 David Snyder 04/03/24 11:26 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Okay Mario this is great and I really like it, and it's really peaceful and relaxing. Ultra groovy. But I swear to God I don't understand why you don't get the Grateful Dead references I have made before. This is straight up Jerry Garcia. Who is a great guitarist by the way. 🙂 I'm also saying it as a huge compliment. If I walked into any new age and/or hippie bar in Chapel Hill North Carolina right now and played this song women would start dancing around in their tie-dye dresses and sandals and crying and saying oh my God I didn't know the Grateful Dead were back together. When are they going on tour?
Re: THE GREATEST SONG_Gayle and David Eurovision!!! MarioD 04/03/24 11:25 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Eurovision will never be the same! You two will make it big time in Europe as Eurovisions' Sunny and Cher wink Super song. Outstanding backing band. Great vocals and lyrics. Super mix.
Replies 26 Views 778 Read More
Re: Why Isn't Love Always Fair? MarioD 04/03/24 11:18 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes Dan this is different for you but your excellence shines through. Super synth vocals. You know how to write three part harmony perfectly. Super backing tracks. Great mix.
Replies 19 Views 631 Read More
Re: My friends have gone away MarioD 04/03/24 11:14 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Laurent, Great song Super groove Sad but oh so true lyrics Great mix. FWIW - I didn't care for the synth vocal, but that is only my opinion and others may not agree. However it didn't really detract to much from this song.
Replies 28 Views 566 Read More
Re: 2024v1109 Jazz#1 RD Artifacts musocity 04/03/24 11:07 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
So are all the issues are where it transitions from B > A ? If the transition started a bit earlier it should fix the issue rather than being directly on the bar. In the drum txt file they seem to be set to Offset=-12 If you try that it might solve the transitions, you can try it and see what you get. https://www.pgmusic.com/tutorial_realdrums_stylemaking.htm
OFFSET=x Often a drummer will hit a drum or cymbal slightly before a beat so that the actual peak of the sound occurs on the beat itself. The offset determines how many ticks (1 beat =120 ticks) before the downbeat a bar of drums will be taken from the style wave file, which is intended to compensate for any occurrence of this early playing on the drum track. It is important to note that if a bar is taken 10 ticks early from the style wave file, it is also placed 10 ticks early on the Band-in-a-Box® drum track, so there will be no shifting of the actual groove.
Re: "Peerless Blues" - (featuring Peerless Cremona) MarioD 04/03/24 11:06 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Carl, that is a sweet sounding axe. Of course you have the skills to make it talk! Super chops. Great groove. Super mix.
Replies 18 Views 605 Read More
Re: Bletchley Park Bass Thumper 04/03/24 11:06 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by firesong
Steve...this is crazy cool...I hear a movie theme...I've always had a fascination with WWII history and material...there is so much film footage and information to see and appreciate...a wonderful and well deserved tribute to the generation that endured and overcame the great threat to our way of life...well done!!
Hey fs, thanks much for the listen, glad you enjoyed it. WWII has so many lessons for us today. Hate may not win in the end, but it sure can generate carnage.
Replies 34 Views 1,231 Read More
Re: Painting A Fence MarioD 04/03/24 11:00 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
James, you painted a real good picture with this song. The man of spoken word creates another winner. I hope you do keep writing more songs: It makes sense to do so as many of us enjoy them. Super song. PS - When you are done painting the fence I have a couple of paint jobs for you wink
Replies 12 Views 504 Read More
Re: Bob and I on 3-24 Bass Thumper 04/03/24 10:58 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You guys are a great team. I liked this a lot and didn't even notice (or mind) the lack of percussion. The lead guitar was particularly well done. Great job.
Re: Black & Blue NigelSpiers 04/03/24 10:51 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi B.D. Thomas, Most kind of you and glad you liked the song. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 31 Views 1,076 Read More
Re: Skilled Saxophone Repair rharv 04/03/24 10:46 PM Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
One of my younger bros heads the music dept at U of Wi. Madison The other (the middle one) does this stuff all day every day. I saw a report once where musical repair is one of the lowest stress jobs there is . seems at least moderately stressful. He has done a dang good job on the few horns I l had experience with, including a Selmer Mark 7 and my own Holton MF horn. Also an older Bach I managed to ding up pretty good.
Replies 1 Views 82 Read More
Band-in-a-Box 2024 Build 1111 Update (April 3) Andrew - PG Music 04/03/24 10:45 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Band-in-a-Box 2024 build 1111 update patch is available: https://update.pgmusic.com/support/patch/bb2024_win_update_build1111.exe Summary of changes in Build 1111 (Since build 1109)
  • Fixed: StylePicker font size setting did not work for sizes greater than 10pt.
  • Added: MultiPicker Defaults button opens a panel which allows you to set defaults separately for column widths, window size, and font size.
  • Added: MultiPicker Defaults includes setting for font size (range 4 - 30).
  • Fixed: Track actions menu was truncated sometimes when using picker as well
  • Fixed: MIDI Soloist now has options to control whether a style will be loaded. MultiPicker dialog and MIDI Soloist dialog have a setting to enable/disable style changes.
  • Fixed: MIDI Soloist displays name of style that will be loaded in the list and if it will be loaded.
  • Fixed: MIDI Soloist was sometimes loading the wrong style.
  • Fixed: StylePicker had overlapping text sometimes e.g. '10,027 styles, sorted by name'.
  • Fixed: StylePicker 'other' filter text sometimes overlaps with "include similar" checkbox
  • Fixed: When there was a key signature change to a new key like C# , this could result in a flat key signature (like Db) showing up in the notation window.
  • Fixed: "Print to PDF" now defaults to Microsoft Print to PDF driver, which fixed certain issues such as the title area sometimes not displaying the correct fonts.
  • Fixed: issue involving section text and lyric printout not displaying correctly.
  • Fixed: could not save from the Print Preview to TIF or PNG format.
  • Fixed: In the Big Lyrics Window, when the checkbox to display chords was unchecked in the Options dialog, chords were still displaying when the Big Lyrics where displayed onscreen.
  • Added: Ability to specify a specific folder when saving a range of images from the Print Preview window.
  • Fixed: When saving Print Preview image(s) to disk, and you change the width/height in order to save a specific size, it would affect the width displayed onscreen.
  • Fixed: printing issue that could result in the first row of tablature to not have horizontal lines drawn, or potentially the lines be drawn too long on other rows.
  • Fixed: Also ability for RB to specify that a track is frozen when writing BBINput.txt to save an MGU/SGU.
  • Fixed: Possible spurious "window error 109" error message.
  • Fixed: Exporting WAV files at higher sample rates would sound out of tune.
  • Fixed: Importing an audio file at different sample rates might sound out of tune.
  • Fixed: Loops would not generate if demo player was used in the Loops dialog.
  • Fixed: Undo Convert track to editable audio did not work.
  • Fixed: Audio Edit > Insert Silence did not work.
  • Fixed: Selected track MIDI patch might change after visiting MIDI Driver Setup dialog.
  • Fixed: Possible "MIDIEventOutDataErrors" error message when starting playback.
  • Fixed: "Transpose audio tracks by semitones:" in Song Settings only applied to legacy accompaniment track numbers.
  • Fixed: Possible crash when switching to the Loops tab in the MultiPicker.
  • Fixed: StylePicker memos might contain truncated instrument lists.
  • Fixed: Type button in MultiPicker did not work.
  • Fixed: Memos might be truncated in the MultiPicker.
DAW Plugin 6.1.8 release notes
  • Fixed: Crash opening plugin in RealBand
  • Fixed: Load Recent/Default Style when plugin first opens does not work in RealBand
  • Fixed: SGU with 2-bar ending is now converted to 4-bar ending when opened in plugin
  • Fixed: Generated tracks are silent after loading chords from MIDI file
RealTracks and Content updates
  • Fixed: Several holds files are missing: 944, 946, 947, 948, 949, 979, 1000, 1014, 1024, 1025, 1026, 1027
  • Fixed: RT 3588 and RT 3589 were playing both A and B substyle when they were supposed to play just A or just B
  • Fixed: 4446:Bass, Electric, BroCountryPulsingAB Ev 110 was not playing the root for slash chords that were not major or minor slash chords
  • Fixed: RT386: "Bass, Electric, Blues Chuck Sw 102" was playing a F# over a Dm9 chord.
  • Fixed: Bouzouki, Rhythm AmericanaTrain16ths ev16 085 #4350 solo played the band version
  • Fixed: _FLYER Demo - Flyer Rootsy R&B Funk.SGU had stuck notes
  • Fixed: Bass, Synth SynthMasterBassBrosModernGroove ev16 85 has been improved so it no longer plays glitchy note
  • Fixed: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopModernGrooveBrightA-B Ev16 075 has had a simple option added so that in the A section only arpeggios
  • Fixed: SongwriterTrainSlightSwing16^ RD was not playing audition demos, and the variations were not displaying properly
  • Fixed: _BYNIGHT RD should not have disabled B substyle.
  • Fixed: Some of the new RT Artist bios were blank.
  • Fixed: Minor typos in the MultiPicker MIDI Tracks, and StylePicker
  • Improved: RT1831 - added simple version with only arpeggios.
  • Improved: Transcriptions, transitions between chords have been improved, and 'simple' option added, for many of the RealTracks released in Dec. 2023. [S = simple tags added, M = marking improved, T = transcriptions improved [M] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Metal80sPopFast8ths Ev 130 [M] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Metal80sPopMed8ths Ev 095 [TS] Guitar, Electric, Soloist ModCountryTravellerJohnny Sw16 075 [TSM] Guitar, Electric, Soloist MetalModern12key Ev 070 [S] Horn Section, Background RnBFunky3-part Ev 120 [S] Trumpet, Background RnBFunky Ev 120 (1TrackHornSection) [S] Sax, Tenor, Background RnBFunky Ev 120 (1TrackHornSection) [S] Sax, Baritone, Background RnBFunky Ev 120 (1TrackHornSection) [S] Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm LAPopJazzShuffle Sw 130 [S] Bass, Electric, LAJazzPopShuffle Sw 130 [TSM] Bass, Electric, PopPumpingSync Ev 120 [SM] Piano, ElectricClav, Rhythm LAPopJazzFunky ev16 095 [SM] Piano, Electric, Rhythm LAPopJazzFunky ev16 095 [S] Piano, Acoustic, Soloist JazzBebopRH Sw 260 [SM] Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzBebopLHComp Sw 260 [SM] Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm JazzWaltzSlowLHComp Sw 085 [M] Piano, Acoustic, Soloist JazzWaltzSlowRH Sw 085 [SM] Piano, Acoustic, Soloist JazzBalladRH Sw 060 [M] Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm NewOrleansSwampSw16 sw16 090 [SM] Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm NewOrleansGumboSlow ev 090 [SM] Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm NewOrleansGoodTimeSwing sw 150 [TS] Guitar, Electric, Soloist BroCountryPopJohnny Ev 110 [TSM] Bass, Electric, ProgUKHeavy8thsAB Ev 110 [TSM] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Soul70sRelaxedRiffs Ev 100 [M] Guzheng, Background CalmingMelodic ev16 065 [M] Pipa, Background CalmingMelodicShortPhrases ev 065 [S] Piano, ElectricClav, Rhythm FunkSlowGroove ev16 070 [S] Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm FunkSlowGrooveTremolo ev16 070 [S] Piano, Electric, Rhythm 70sEZSoulFunk ev 100 [S] Piano, Electric, Rhythm 70sEZSoulSwingPhaser sw 120 [TSM] Banjo, Fingerpicking SlowGentle16thsSync ev16 065 [TSM] Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm IndieFolkGentleSyncDADGAD ev16 065 [TSM] Bass, Electric, MetalModernHeavyBalladAB Ev 070 [S] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm MetalModernBalladHeldPlus12key Ev 070 [TS] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BroCountryRockNRoll Ev 110 [TS] Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm BroCountryRockGrittyTwang Ev 110 [T] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm BroCountryRockHiSteady8ths Ev 110 [TS] Bass, Electric, ProgUK128PowerAB Sw 075 [TSM] Bass, Electric, MetalModernTripletsAB Sw 140 [T] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm MetalModernHeldPlus12key Sw 140 [T] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm MetalModernTripletSync12key Sw 140 [TSM] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SoulFunk70sCoolRiffs Sw16 090 [TSM] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Soul60sSlow128Riffs Sw 060 [T] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopGlowHeldSpaceySynth ev16 065 [M] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopGlowHeldPlus ev16 065 [T] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopMotionHeldHiGrit ev 100 [M] Bass, Electric, Americana16thsSteveA Ev16 075 [TSM] Bass, Electric, VintageCountrySwingAB Sw 110 [SM] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm VintageCountrySwingTremolo Sw 110 [S] Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm VintageCountrySwingTicTac Sw 110 [TSM] Pedal Steel, Rhythm VintageCountrySwingDoug Sw 110 [TSM] Bass, Acoustic, VintageCountryWaltzSlow Sw 085 [TSM] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm VintageCountryWaltzTremolo Sw 085 [SM] Guitar, Baritone Electric, Rhythm VintageCountryWaltzTicTac Sw 085 [TSM] Pedal Steel, Rhythm VintageCountryWaltzDoug Sw 085 [TSM] Bass, Electric, VintageCountryWaltzSlow Sw 085 [TM] Bouzouki, Rhythm AmericanaGroovin Sw16 075 [TM] Banjo, Rhythm AmericanaGroovin Sw16 075 [TM] Mandolin, Rhythm AmericanaGroovin Sw16 075 [TM] Fiddle, Background AmericanaGroovinAB Sw16 075 [TSM] Guitar, Electric, Rhythm SoulRock70sRiffs Ev 100 [T] Fiddle, Background AmericanaMovinAB Ev 135 [T] Mandolin, Rhythm AmericanaMovinAB Ev 135 [SM] Banjo, Rhythm AmericanaMovinArp Ev 135 [SM] Bouzouki, Rhythm AmericanaMovinSync Ev 135
DAW Plugin 6.1.4 release notes (Jan 30, 2024)
  • Fixed: Generating disabled track shows error message
  • Fixed: Crash when BB folders cannot be found
  • Fixed: Problems playing multi-instrument MIDI track
  • Fixed: String localization errors
  • Added: Exit button (X) when spinning wheel covers entire plugin
  • Added: Load Chords from MIDI File by drag-n-drop over Chord Sheet
Summary of changes in Build 1109 (Since build 1108) (Jan 17, 2024) Note about exporting MIDI files for use with Synth V. If you want the harmony parts exported on separate tracks in your MIDI file: (1) When you select a harmony in Band-in-a-Box, there is an option to Convert/write harmony to the melody track. Do not select this option. (2) To export the MIDI file, use File | Save Special | Save as MIDI file, or click the .MID button in the toolbar (File panel). In the Options dialog, select General MIDI format as the lyrics type, and make sure that "Harmony on separate tracks" is selected (these are the defaults).
  • Added: Three extra RealTracks added, that should have been included in sets 444, 445, and 447 but were only included in the 49PAK: Bass, Electric, VintageCountryWaltzSlow Sw 085; Guitar, Electric, Soloist BroCountryPopJohnny Ev 110; Guitar, Electric, Soloist ModCountryTravellerJohnny Sw16 075
  • Fixed: _Chase.sty triggered HiQ error.
  • Fixed: _Beefy.sty might show N/A RT.
  • Fixed: Apply button should be enabled in MultiPicker if no item is selected.
  • Fixed: When importing MIDI files that use a higher PPQ than 120, will place the lyrics at the wrong times.
  • Fixed: Selecting a chord from the Chord Progressions window by clicking the .. button to the right of the main button while holding shift will just preview the chord.
  • Fixed: When exporting MIDI files with lyrics, the lyric events were saved as plain text events instead of lyric events. This would prevent them from showing up when the MIDI file was imported into some programs, such as Synth V.
  • NOTE: If you want to import a MIDI file with a melody harmony into Synth V with the harmony parts on separate tracks: (1) Do not select the option in Band-in-a-Box to Convert/write harmony to melody track, and (2) to export the MIDI file use File | Save Special | Save as MIDI file (or .MID button), and make sure that "Harmony on separate tracks" is selected in Options.
  • Fixed: MIDI lyrics export option "PG Music format (old)" which was obsolete, changed to "Plain Text Events".
  • Fixed: MP3 loop files would not not play.
  • Fixed: Playback auto-scrolling in the Audio Edit window might stop working after right-clicking.
  • Fixed: "Record from bar" might place recorded audio at wrong location if the track was empty before recording.
  • Fixed: Copy/Move tracks failed to copy audio.
  • Fixed: Possible crash when generating songs with very short riffs and "Automatically fill gaps between riffs" is enabled. Typically occurred on long songs with many chord changes.
  • Fixed: Opening the Lead Sheet window would make the Piano Roll disappear.
  • Fixed: Using "Choose colors for Chord and Notation display" in the ChDisp menu wouldn't permanently change the Notation Window’s background color.
Summary of changes in Build 1108 (Since build 1106)
  • Fixed: Possible program freeze if using "Auto-Fix Sour Notes" feature ("Saddle Up" problem).
  • Fixed: Mix-paste in Audio Edit was not working properly.
  • Fixed: Visual metronome dialog now counts in correctly if bars 1 and 2 have timesigs like 3/4 5/4 7/4.
  • Fixed: Partial Generation improved for RealDrums, when using the MultiPicker partial-generation button , on drums and other tracks, including notation.
  • Fixed: Apply button on MultiPicker should be enabled for all except Melodist, Soloist if None is selected.
  • Fixed: UserTracks were taking a long time to generate, even if .bt2 files were present.
  • Added: Audition chord on beat 2 or 4 by pressing Control-Shift-Enter (note: Shift-Enter already auditions beats 1 or 3).
Summary of changes in Build 1106 (Since build 1104)
  • Fixed: Tracks out of sync if using multiple styles on a track.
  • Fixed: Access Violation error if attempting to make audio harmonies.
  • Fixed: Issues with viewing volume nodes on mono tracks.
  • Fixed: Selecting a blank track in the Audio Edit window would display the wrong track data.
  • Fixed: "Auto-Fix Sour Notes" features were not working.
  • Improved: If changing "stretching quality" setting in RealTracks Settings dialog, relevant tracks will be reprocessed immediately.
  • Fixed: Problematic style changes with styles like 'Airduo' and Aircelt' that have no drum part.
  • Updated: PDF Documentation, help file.
  • Fixed: "Automatically fill gaps between riffs" feature was not working.
  • Fixed: Various GUI issues with Audio Chord Wizard mode.
  • Fixed: Possible slow bootup for some users.
  • Fixed: Tracks with multi-drums would stop generating if restarting playback.
  • Fixed: Audio Conversion Error -1072875854 when exporting MP3 or M4A files.
  • Fixed: Right-click on Chords button should show the Chords Display menu.
  • Fixed: Home key did not work on tracks window.
  • Fixed: Rebuild in the RD Picker duplicates some multidrum entries during the current session.
  • Added: style _MIASMA (rt431)
  • Fixed: Possible problems playing style Demo songs that were frozen.
  • Fixed: Trumpet, Background RnBFunky Ev 120 (1TrackHornSection) not playing properly
  • Updated: RT Memos for all RealTracks included in the 2024 release.
  • Improved: The following RealTracks have improvements including better phrase transitions: - Piano, Acoustic, Soloist JazzFastRH Sw 190 - Guitar, Electric, Soloist ModCountryTravellerJohnny Sw16 075 - Guitar, Electric, Rhythm MetalModernTripletSyncReverse12key Sw 140 - Guitar, Electric, Soloist BroCountryPopJohnny Ev 110 - Bass, Acoustic, SoulJazzMellow ev 85 - Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm SoulJazzMellowTrem Ev 085 - Bass, Acoustic, Fusion70sFunk ev16 100 - Piano, Electric, Rhythm Fusion70sAvantFunk ev16 100 h - Guitar, Electric, Soloist Metal80sPopFast8ths Ev 130 - Guitar, Electric, Soloist AmericanaGentleTrain ev16 085
DAW Plugin 6.0.13 release notes
  • Fixed: Crash opening the plugin
  • Fixed: RD Stems not loading from SGU
  • Fixed: Destination REAPER track should not be deleted before sending to REAPER
  • Fixed: Renamed some labels in REAPER Panel
================================= Summary of changes in Build 1104 (Since build 1102) (Dec 12)
  • Possible noise when starting first playback after loading a song.
  • Tracks waveform appearing wrong if multiple RealTracks with different tempos are generated onto a single track.
  • Forced accidentals revert to Automatic when playing a song.
  • RealTracks stems could not be selected.
  • Cannot select Bass track when opening program.
  • Volume automation nodes might appear in wrong locations on Master track.
  • Resize cursor appears when hovering mouse over track label in tracks window.
  • Track label did not redraw after setting a custom label.
  • Shots and holds not working for a few older RT's like #2915
  • Load demo song did not work for LookMa set 11
  • Tracks might play out of sync if starting playback beyond the end of an Artist Performance Track.
  • Missing riffs in some RealTracks demo songs (eg piano soloist in _WARP.STY demo at bar 10).
  • Bad timing on some RealTracks riffs.
  • Crash when transposing region of an audio track.
  • Media Foundation error -1072875836 when playing _FLEE.STY.
  • Delete key on Tracks window behaving like Shift+Delete.
  • Minimize issue fixed in MultiPicker Library, F5 Bar Settings, Chord Options
  • Apply button on F5 dialog had a semicolon
  • LyricLab.net URL provided in FlashMessage when the function is used
  • [plugin]: Function added to allow generation of Master.wav while using ReaperInstructions
  • [plugin]: Reaper Instructions now have “Beat” parameter allowing them to support live tempo changes
  • Demos playing weren’t shutting down if play was pressed elsehwere in some cases
  • Standalone RealDrums picker when closing needs to point to RealDrums picker in the MultiPicker
  • Instrumental Studies Set 21 files are supposed to notation on both the soloist guitar track and the rhythm guitar track.
  • Manuals, help file
DAW Plugin 6.0.7 release notes
  • Changed plugin name from "2023" to "2024"
  • Deselect all REAPER media items after sending tracks
  • Some media items sent to REAPER don't show signal
  • Add button to expand REAPER Settings area to cover panel
  • Sending tracks to reaper makes sound when complete
  • Pressing PLAY with "Send REAPER Instructions enabled" will result in endless loop if not generated
  • Enabling Style Mix track causes plugin to always generate wav files
Replies 0 Views 195 Read More
Re: Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Featuring Janice on vocals) PeterF 04/03/24 10:34 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Ronnie Fields
Now that's a song. I enjoyed the guitar, and especially the vocals.
Thanks Ronnie Peter
Replies 63 Views 2,524 Read More
Re: Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Featuring Janice on vocals) PeterF 04/03/24 10:34 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Brad Williams
Cool song, and done soooo well! Y'all work so well together. Fun song all the way around. I thought those hand-claps were a good addition - made you feel like you're right there. Great job by all. Brad
Thanks glad you liked it. Peter
Replies 63 Views 2,524 Read More
Page 80 of 112 1 2 78 79 80 81 82 111 112
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,631
Posts735,242
Members38,520
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185