Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Spain Corea style Matt Finley 04/01/24 10:46 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I play the jazz trumpet chair in one big band that loves to play Spain. I have a blast blowing over the samba feel.
Replies 10 Views 276 Read More
Re: Please help with this simple User survey musocity 04/01/24 10:21 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DrDan
... I'll go first. Reaper, Not working for me
Well you got 7 responses so far though the PG forum has been pretty dead for some time, if it was a Reaper forum there would be 100's of responses. Can you start a thread that users can post their issues, you go first.
Replies 15 Views 435 Read More
Re: 2023 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... dani48 04/01/24 10:09 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dear Peter and friends ! Please forgive me for this late answer and thanks for including me on the list of winners ! My late answer is totally depending on my visit to Spain that just ended ! During my stay down there I have not been able to read or write anything on the forum so you can surely understand my surprise to find myself on this list ! I want to express my sincerest gratitude to Peter for this wonderful gift and also to congratulate all the fine musicians posting on the site ! Cheers Dani
Replies 41 Views 4,872 Read More
Re: Please help with this simple User survey mrgeeze 04/01/24 10:00 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
logic pro, n/a
Replies 15 Views 435 Read More
Re: Spain Corea style BIABman 04/01/24 09:32 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks folks for your help! I never would have searched for a Samba style for the song, but it seems to work best with BIAB.
Replies 10 Views 276 Read More
Re: King of Kings firesong 04/01/24 09:30 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
What a beautiful song for Easter morning! The vocals are lovely, as always, and the arrangement is both majestic and ethereal. Your combo of RT’s, the Genos and your piano are a very comfortable fit indeed. Lovely! J&B
Hey Janice and Bud...thanks for your lovely words and kind comments...they are very much appreciated...Dan
Replies 21 Views 473 Read More
Re: My friends have gone away David Snyder 04/01/24 09:29 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hey this is great Laurent. Yes, I do think I hear a little Tal Wilkenfeld in the voice. Nice job!
Replies 28 Views 564 Read More
Re: Jesus is Risen. A song for resurrection day. David Snyder 04/01/24 09:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very timely. Nice Easter song indeed.
Replies 8 Views 210 Read More
Re: Painting A Fence Janice & Bud 04/01/24 09:21 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well done James. We much like the excellent ending with the protagonist finding peace. Good endings are good! In song and life. Enjoyed it! J&B
Replies 12 Views 502 Read More
Re: Sheet Music on Ipad Matt Finley 04/01/24 09:14 PM Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You're welcome. I didn't understand your question because none of my jazz fakebooks are two songs per page, except a few huge collections like one of every popular Christmas song where the size of the printing is very small. In other words, I would never use one of those on the bandstand; I would first have to photocopy and enlarge it. Perhaps that's what you are describing.
Replies 7 Views 369 Read More
Re: Jesus is Risen. A song for resurrection day. Janice & Bud 04/01/24 09:05 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
That’s very nice, Herb. We could easily hear the Oakridge Boys or The Gaither Vocal Band performing it. Fine arrangement, write and mix. So who's playing what? smile J&B
Re: King of Kings Janice & Bud 04/01/24 08:54 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
What a beautiful song for Easter morning! The vocals are lovely, as always, and the arrangement is both majestic and ethereal. Your combo of RT’s, the Genos and your piano are a very comfortable fit indeed. Lovely! J&B
Replies 21 Views 473 Read More
Re: Sheet Music on Ipad NOLAGuy 04/01/24 08:49 PM Forum: Help! Tech S.O.S (Off topic) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Matt Finley
I have used PDFs from all kinds of sources, including taking a picture on my phone. I use an app called Photos to PDF, but I think there are many such apps. To your question, although I haven't expressly tested this, I'm pretty sure that ForScore just takes whatever it has and sizes it to fit the iPad screen size. I base that on the fact I've never seen it NOT do that. Can you explain what you call 'converting it into a larger image on the iPad'? Are you by any chance talking about one of those mini fakebooks, four inches in height?
Matt... All my fakebooks are the full-size ones about 10"x12". Was figuringing since most fake book pages have two songs per page, I was looking to make the halk-page song show to fill the available screen. The For Score app appears to do that, both from your comment and in looking at the User manual. So I'm going to go ahead and give it a try. Thanks for the tip!!
Replies 7 Views 369 Read More
Re: My friends have gone away Janice & Bud 04/01/24 08:41 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The Hayden synth reminds me of Tal Winkenfield’s voice. The write, arrangement, choice of BiaB tracks, mix and your solo are all excellent. Video scenery of stark landscapes fits well with the melancholy lyric but also shows the beauty of life, even in the lonely moments. Enjoyed it! J&B
Replies 28 Views 564 Read More
Re: No Name dcuny 04/01/24 08:29 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Mario. Pleasant listen - easy on the ears and flows along like a lazy river.
Replies 30 Views 1,173 Read More
Re: She Can't Drive A Stick Shift dcuny 04/01/24 08:17 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Dewey. Fun pop! Well sung and arranged. Great write. Love this. laugh
Replies 10 Views 226 Read More
Re: Painting A Fence dcuny 04/01/24 08:13 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, James. I and almost hear you singing here! laugh Pleasant but sad song. For me, the phase "painting a fence" reminds me of Tom Sawyer, but that's a generation or two away from you. wink Nicely done!
Replies 12 Views 502 Read More
Re: Jesus is Risen. A song for resurrection day. dcuny 04/01/24 08:03 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Herb. Nice country song! Solid arrangement, great country twang. I like the way the fiddle and slide guitar come in and out. Like Marty, I agree - the lead guitar hits all the right notes! I really wanted to hear a gospel choir join in on to the final chorus, but that was probably out of the budget. Happy (belated) Easter!
Re: My Spirit; Live busking Track dcuny 04/01/24 07:57 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Donny. Cool groove, nice playing and singing. The end is a bit abrupt, but mostly because I wanted it to go on and keep listening, so that's good. smile
Replies 8 Views 180 Read More
Re: Bob and I on 3-24 dcuny 04/01/24 07:55 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Mario. Nice and mellow. laugh
Replies 28 Views 586 Read More
Re: On The Wings Of Love dcuny 04/01/24 07:53 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Janne.
Originally Posted by jannesan
Refreshing to notice you are experimenting a different style, although it took some time to get used to the dance style smile Not so much to my taste musically and lyrically as your previous works, but full of energy and upbeat excitement. Keep on stepping outside the box, I'm sure there are shiny pearls to be found... and more use for your vast collection of instruments smile
Thanks for the positive comments. Musically, it didn't quite land where I'd like it to in a number of places, but I'll revisit it when SynthesizerV is more up to the task. To be honest, I was a bit hesitant to do this at all, but I figured I needed to get over myself and stop treating each song as so precious.
Great work with Saros to give love the wings, sounds powerful, I'm happy Saros a virtual singer, otherwise I would be worried about how long he can sing this hard without losing his voice wink I think some growl would make Saros sound more natural, but I guess Synth V doesn't provide tools for that yet.
Nope, no growl. An earlier version of SynthesizerV had support for "vocal effects", but it pretty much required you to be an speech pathologist to understand, and even then, it was hard to get good results. You can also simulate it with a very fast and wide vibrato, as there are 'false vocal folds' that interact with the 'real vocal folds' causing every other vibration to go wrong. smile I bought a plugin effect that sort of gets that sound via distortion, but... not quite. So I'll wait until it's got proper support, or hand it to a different singer. But for now... I'm putting it aside.
As a side note, after listening to your song, I wanted to listen to The Alan Parsons Project's Vulture Culture album, their jump to more dance oriented sound, never really liked those arrangements, but the songs are still their best.
Heh. Big Alan Parsons fan, but I agree that the songs on Vulture Culture are hit and miss. I still remember getting the album and thinking... What went wrong?... Except for 'Days Are Numbers', which remains a big favorite of mine. There's another (almost) APP song from Eric Woolson's 'Freudiana' album called 'Let Yourself Go' that has a sax section on it, and it annoyed me so much that I created a remix that removed those parts of the song. laugh (The saxes are actually excellent, I just didn't think it fit the tone of the song). I've studied sax arranging, but it's a lot of work - you need to write out all the chords, and then split them out onto separate tracks. Of course, BiaB could do the heavy lifting if I did that inside the program... There's a cool sax library called Austin Saxes that I look at every now and then, but it reminds me of 'Vulture Culture' and 'Hawkeye', and think Maybe not.
Replies 41 Views 1,255 Read More
Re: JESUS KICK MY...David Snyder David Snyder 04/01/24 07:51 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Mario, well, if that sounds like you too, I guess we could be twins! Be Blessed, my brother!
Replies 36 Views 868 Read More
Re: JESUS KICK MY...David Snyder David Snyder 04/01/24 07:49 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Dan, Ha ha! That made my day! We're not so different you and I Dr. Simmons. (And I know you didn't go to Praise and Worship School for 7 years to be called Mr. Extra bonus pts. for movie reference!!) Seriously, I am really glad you liked it and thanks for the listen!
Re: How to Retrieve Your Account Matt Finley 04/01/24 07:46 PM Forum: Requests For New FAQs Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Smart guess. I've flagged two posts in two days about Bitcoin.
Replies 3 Views 1,875 Read More
Re: JESUS KICK MY...David Snyder David Snyder 04/01/24 07:44 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Bob! Very kind.
Page 82 of 113 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 112 113
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,612
Posts735,114
Members38,516
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
maxrob61, TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose
38,516 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185