Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Gloria by Peters Garage @ 11/24/21 08:12 AM

Originally Posted By: raycinteresting song. There's something strident or grating in your vocal...it may be the treatment used but I suspect it could be be addressed with a little subtractive EQ to give it a more rounded feel & sound. The sound is most obvious on sibilant sounds. Good song, good performances though the drums sound like they were overdubbed close to the songs finish. Thank you for constructive feed back. I did struggle a lot with the whole audio balance in the mastering
Beginners Forum
Jump to new posts Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®! by Callie - PG Music @ 11/24/21 08:12 AM

Happy National Jukebox Day! (November 24) Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature! What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do? Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrume
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
i would like for 2022. 1. my wishes posted over the past few years implemented. 2. the pg 90 buk pen drive with biab and rb on.... run like a bunny rabbit on a PI computer. laugh at me if you wish, but i'm gonna go out on a limb and say if pi gets an even more powerfull processor, and stays under 100 buks, it could be a daw disruptive force. bear in mind already reaper and traction waveform and other music software works on pi...thus i suspect some music daw developers might agree that pi mig
Forum des Utilisateurs Français de Band-in-a-Box
Jump to new posts Re: Annotations dans la fenêtre des accords by Voltrane @ 11/24/21 07:58 AM

Bonjour, merci mais ne fonctionne pas chez moi. CTRL T ne fait que sauter de ligne… Ne nous prenons pas la tête: la solution précédente est ok pour moi. Cordialement.
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: Songs that only use one chord by Guitarhacker @ 11/24/21 07:54 AM

This is the first song I can recall being a one chord song. I guess the main reason is I was learning to play the guitar at this time and CCR was high on my play list. I recall some of the others of that era mentioned in the video. Interesting and cool stuff. I tunes out on the hip hop/rap part.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Not Gone by justanoldmuso @ 11/24/21 07:43 AM

not my genre...but a highly impressive song with lots of sensitivity, and tasty lyrics. really nice character vocs. only suggestion is on the lyric 'missing you' ... doubling the vocs. your another wonderfull example of the depth of talent on these forums. well done. best oldmuso
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Health issues and performing live or recording by Notes Norton @ 11/24/21 07:42 AM

I play a light guitar, but then I've always preferred light guitars. In my current duo I switch between sax, wind synth and guitar a lot, so having a lightweight guitar makes putting it on and off many times per night a lot better. Back in the early 1990s I had an inherited case bursitis in my hip, and arthritis in the little finger of my left-hand due to a basketball accident when I was young. The hip hurt so badly that I couldn't walk 2 city blocks without sitting down, and I brought a keyb
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Okay NOW - no more buying by eddie1261 @ 11/24/21 07:40 AM

Notes in a rack from decades past I had that Roland MT32 right next to the Yamaha FB-01. Bought a shelf for the rack and they fit beautifully side by side. Put in a little block is wood 3/4" x 3/4" behind them so they couldn't slide backwards and they sat in that rack for 3 years. So now I have to go out and find one of each for the 3rd rack. After I get the new power feed....
User Showcase
this is a very tasty song arrangement mate. love the way it bops along. om
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Okay NOW - no more buying by Notes Norton @ 11/24/21 07:30 AM

I like my TX81z, it has some sounds that FM synthesis does better than the current breed of synths. I have a Roland MT32 that also has a few stellar patches. New modules have a lot of great sounds, but when I need a sound from one of the oldies, it's nice to have it. That to me is an advantage of buying hardware synths. The TX and MT that I bought when Windows 3.1 or 95 was the OS of the day still work. Insights and incites by Notes ♫
Jump to new posts Re: how to builder Adim7 by Matt Finley @ 11/24/21 06:56 AM

[size:8pt][/size]Thanks, Mario. I wasn’t at a computer, but that’s the one. It’s quite a powerful checkbox, more like a preference than a display setting. Remember, it may not give you the dim7 if you are in certain simpler styles. And say happy birthday to your wife. It’s been nice knowing you.
Mal, can you elaborate on the sample rates wish?
Jump to new posts Song fades out on last measure by Larry Molter @ 11/24/21 06:50 AM

I use BIAB primarily for building backing tracks. I'm learning to play the blues and having a series of BTs in all keys and tempos is great; however, I create the song without a lead-in or an ending because ultimately the rendered .wav file gets installed on a looper. I don't want a lead-in count or two-bar ending. But... the last bar (usually bar 12) fades out the instruments except the drums. I'm using RealTracks exclusively. Any trhoughts?
My Favorite Things
Jump to new posts Re: My favourite thing about BIAB by sslechta @ 11/24/21 06:49 AM

Originally Posted By: Peters GarageOnly thing missing out on BIAB is the social part of drinking beer and acting silly while bonding and exchanging great ideas and plans that might come to life :-) That should be available in BIAB 2022....
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Okay NOW - no more buying by sslechta @ 11/24/21 06:41 AM

Time for another rack and another power feed from the electric company....
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Make a keyboard for chord builder by Matt Finley @ 11/24/21 06:27 AM

+1 We have the reverse, with Window, MIDI Chord Detection. Great feature, at least in the Windows version. It gives you alternatives. I suspect you might appreciate seeing several inversions of the chord as well? Or just root position? There is a corollary to this request that we have also discussed: the ability to position or freeze or step through the chords of a song and see the notes on a keyboard. Right now, you can see them go by on the Big Keyboard, or view the notes on a staff, but to
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Issues saving BIAB song by Matt Finley @ 11/24/21 06:16 AM

Billy, just verifying, did you do Options, Return to Factory Settings, Most?
Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh
Jump to new posts Re: style "_CLASAMP" CRASHES BIAB ? by Chantelle - PG Music @ 11/24/21 06:16 AM

Hi philty, glad to hear you have it working now! If anything else comes up in the future, please feel free to contact us directly via live chat or email support@pgmusic.com.
Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows)
Jump to new posts Re: Chord Builder with keyboard by Chantelle - PG Music @ 11/24/21 06:14 AM

Hi swingbabymix, this forum is to discuss the currently available products and how they work. We suggest to instead post your ideas for new features on our Wishlist forum here: https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=cfrm&c=3
Jump to new posts Re: Can BB split a multi track midi into individual tracks. by Chantelle - PG Music @ 11/24/21 06:06 AM

Originally Posted By: sixchannelOriginally Posted By: PipelineDrag n drop What a brill animation!! Whats the significance of all the little square boxes that come up? Bests Ian Those are the channels for the different types of instruments. For example channel 10 is always percussion. If you want the individual tracks to sound as the same instrument as what is written in the MIDI file, then you would leave the checkboxes at their default.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Myself and I by edshaw @ 11/24/21 05:55 AM

I'm glad I caught that one, Scott. Mighty smooth groove.
BIAB starts to play while still generating the track. RB waits until its all done if you've added something new or regenerated a track. that's why it seems slower. but once you've saved as a seq file and you are mixing or making minor alts its as quick as BIAB. and so much more transparent. it's a matter of taste. i just like being able to see all the separate tracks 'up front'.
Jump to new posts Re: Band-in-a-Box works great in Windows 11! by MikeK @ 11/24/21 05:47 AM

Won't work for me - my CPU is outdated and my MB does not support TPM. That's fine, though. Win 10 is just fine.
Off-Topic
Jump to new posts Re: Health issues and performing live or recording by eddie1261 @ 11/24/21 05:44 AM

As bad as the physical maladies give us grief, add to that the mental component of being prone to panic attacks when being in a crowd. If my band ever played a bar (We won't do that. We cost too much for a bar.) where we'd be on the floor and the crowd is right there in our faces, I wouldn't make it through the whole show. About 30 minutes of that and I would be in full blown panic attack mode and have to get out of there. We play on stages where the crowd is some number feet below the stage and
Jump to new posts Re: how to builder Adim7 by MarioD @ 11/24/21 05:40 AM

Go to options/preferences/display and change your dim settings:
Page 84 of 183 < 1 2 ... 82 83 84 85 86 ... 182 183 >
PG Music News
NEW! Xtra Styles PAK 12 for Band-in-a-Box®!

If you love our existing Xtra Styles PAKs, you'll definitely want to have a listen to our NEW Xtra Styles PAK 12, with 200 more fully-produced styles! 50 each for: Country, Jazz, Rock-Pop, and our new Blues styles option!

Video: Xtra Styles PAK 12 Demos

Order this month and save 40%! During our Xtra Styles PAK 12 special, which ends December 31st, all of our Xtra Styles PAKs 1-12 are on sale for just $29 each (reg. $49)! Looking for more Xtra Styles PAKs? You can purchase our complete library of all 2,000+ RealStyles with the Xtra Styles PAK 1-12 Bundle for only $199 (reg. $349)! Learn more & order now.

Note: These Xtra Styles require the UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, or Audiophile Edition of Band-in-a-Box® version 2021 or 2022.

RealBand 2022 is Here!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2022, including the ability to install multiple VST plugins from a folder at a time, improved Audio Chord Wizard detection routines, the ability to record mixer movement for the masters/subgroups, new Transpose/Stretch All Tracks dialog lets you transpose/stretch/reduce all tracks and then conveniently save to a new file, the new settings to save selected tracks only and exclude muted tracks when saving all tracks to individual files, the option to save all tracks to a compressed format, and much more.

RealBand is included in ALL Band-in-a-Box® for Windows purchases – during our special (which ends December 31st) to save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in RealBand 2022 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows is here! There are 50+ new features, 222 new RealTracks(20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, Artist Performances, Xtra Styles PAK 12, New "playable RealTracks" Hi-Q sounds, 2 sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2022 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2021 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2022 packages during our special, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks) upgrade it to the 2022 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!
(November 24)

Don't own a Jukebox? Well, if you have Band-in-a-Box®, you actually do with the Jukebox feature!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® songs within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, Harmony Settings, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening.

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box® for Windows, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual.
Mac Jukebox details found here.

Tell Us Your Favorite Band-in-a-Box Features

Did you know we have a My Favorite Things forum? We'd love it if you shared your favorite features in Band-in-a-Box and RealBand there, along with what features you use the most and why - we absolutely LOVE getting feedback!

Take a peak at other posts while you're there - you never know... someone else's favorite feature might become yours too!

RealTracks Artist Pat Martino

We are saddened to hear of the passing of jazz guitar legend Pat Martino yesterday.

Pat was part of our RealTracks Artist "Jazz Pollwinners 2" series in 2014. You can learn about Pat and listen to his RealTracks contribution here.

Pat had been playing guitar since he was just 12 years old, and devoted himself to music in grade ten. On top of years of performing (he began playing professionally in 1961), Pat received many awards for his playing, including the "Jazz Legacy" Award in 2016 presented by Pennsylvania State Senator Vincent Hughes and his wife Sheryl Lee Ralph-Hughes.

Learn even more about Pat Martino when you visit his website, http://www.patmartino.com/.

A Look Back... Band-in-a-Box® 2015 NAMM Demonstration #TBT

Watch Tobin (and Charlie!) demonstrate Band-in-a-Box® 2015 for Windows at the 2015 NAMM Show: Play video...

Tobin does a great job of showing just how easy it is to create a song with Band-in-a-Box!

This video was posted on January 23, 2015 to the Keyboard Instrument Chops and Gear YouTube Channel.

Forum Stats
35208 Members
63 Forums
71723 Topics
624873 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
msmcleod, More Cowbell, Guitman321, guibs, Max4910

35208 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 433
Matt Finley 245