Latest Topics | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Forum   Subject
User Showcase
Hello, forum friends A remixed version of the Beatles’“Revolver” was recently released. According to the music article, each instrument, voice, etc. are separated from the previous recordings using AI into independent tracks and remixed. The same is possible with Steinberg's SpectraLayers now. (but not perfect) This time, I used the SpectraLayers to extract only vocals from past recording and added a new accompaniment. It's basically an early 60's 12/8 feel rock-a-ballad. But I added a l
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: Allow constraint of notes that may be played. by musocity @ 11/18/22 11:11 PM

You can't chain midi plugins in Biab, but if you use Element you can There are a lot of Piz midi plugs like midiForceToRange.dll and you have reajs.dll that is in ReaPlugs that allows many Reaper midi plugs, it will list all the plugins you have in Reaper or you can set it to use a local folder.
User Showcase
I particularly liked the way you built the dynamics in the beginning. I was unsure of your voice in the 1st phrase but it proved a good fit for the music after that point.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Colors Of Nature by rayc @ 11/18/22 10:50 PM

Terrific work with the syth voices. A well arranged piece too.
Songwriting
Jump to new posts Re: Need help new to song writing by rayc @ 11/18/22 10:46 PM

Nicely done Bryon Dickens. You make my point for me. You seem "wilfully" ignorant of the contents of my posts. Much of your new post is about working within a system and it's "rules". Again, you make my point for me. I suggested that someone might begin to create without reference to a set of rules. "...one has to use it similar to the way others do if one wishes to be comprehensible." Again you make my point for me. I didn't restrict musical history to a couple of
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: THE WIND IN THE WILLOWS by animarorecords @ 11/18/22 10:13 PM

Torrey, This is the perfect Torrey sound. The clarinet and ukulele are also rare. Vocals and harmonies are great as always. I feel a little Paul McCartney in this tune. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Jump to new posts Re: Can I click the second chord? by swingbabymix @ 11/18/22 10:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Noel96 I see what you mean now. I didn't fully appreciate what you were saying. My mistake. Thank you for your reply. I learned new knowledge from your reply.
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Right Track (co-write w/ Bud Merritt) by animarorecords @ 11/18/22 10:02 PM

floyd, Janice & Bud, It's a song that uses a minor key, which is rare for you. The atmosphere is very relaxed and duets with Janice are great. The mix using effects very well, also perfectly directs this song. It sounds very professional. Enjoyed my listen a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Long Way Home by animarorecords @ 11/18/22 09:50 PM

Marty and Dave, It's a song with a very laid back atmosphere that makes me feel relieved. It's basically a country song, but I felt that something was added to it. The vocals and guitars are cleverly matched, making for a very professional production. The video also matches the music very well. Enjoyed my listen and watch a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Where Horses run by animarorecords @ 11/18/22 09:35 PM

Rob and Anne-Marie, Beautiful Folk Waltz! I was impressed with that the vocals of both of you are really well harmonized. The video also matches the music very well. It's a very sophisticated piece. Enjoyed my listen and watch a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Uh Oh Oh No She's Gone by animarorecords @ 11/18/22 09:24 PM

Tom, Wonderful country rock! Super song! The guitars are great and support the vocals very well. Very nice guitar phrasing. The selection of RealTracks is also perfect. Enjoyed my listen a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Colors Of Nature by animarorecords @ 11/18/22 09:14 PM

Janne, It's a beautiful song with a Celtic feel. The video also fits the mood of the song perfectly. I was impressed with how skillfully you used the vocal synthesizers. No wonder you won the song contest. Congratulations! Enjoyed my listen and watch a lot. Best regards. Shigeki Adachi
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: New song: We All Love Rock 'n' Roll by dcuny @ 11/18/22 09:05 PM

The melody line is a bit reminiscent of Squeeze, which is good in my book. I like the reference at the end - nice. Good song, I enjoyed it! OK, on to criticisms you can feel free to ignore. Since this is sort of emulating classic rock, I'd suggest comparing the mix to some classic rock songs. For fun, I brought up a couple of Rolling Stones songs on YouTube - Sympathy for the Devil and Baby Please Don't Go. The first thing I noticed was that the mix wasn't that bright or piercing. The nex
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Gonna be lonely, a Bluesy rocksong by dcuny @ 11/18/22 08:27 PM

Love the sound and the song. You can put me in the category of people who don't like to hear lead guitar competing with vocals. But you can't please everyone, so you may as well please yourself first. But that's a minor nit. Fun song!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Deep Ellum Blues (feat. PeterF on guitar) by dcuny @ 11/18/22 08:23 PM

Love the groove! As usual, everyone on the team knocked it out of the park: BiaB, vocals, guitar, mix... It's all there! Fun listen, from start to end! Nice to see the mixing magic that went into each track also!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Perhaps by dcuny @ 11/18/22 08:17 PM

Hi, James. The balance seems a bit off - the vocal is a bit bassy, and the backing too far in the back. Without a melodic line, it feels to me like the lyric comes to an end, but the backing just keeps going, without having noticed the speaking part is done. Not bad, just not my cup of tea. Your vocal recording technique has certainly gotten better!
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Uh Oh Oh No She's Gone by dcuny @ 11/18/22 08:11 PM

That guitar lick let me know right away how awesome the song was going to be. Catchy country pop - love it. Everything sounds great! And yes - with pop music, repetition of a good idea just makes it better!
Jump to new posts Re: Can I click the second chord? by Noel96 @ 11/18/22 07:48 PM

Originally Posted By: swingbabymixHowever, my goal is to click the second chord to let shift+enter play. You said ctrl+f2, I tried, just enter editing, not playing. I see what you mean now. I didn't fully appreciate what you were saying. My mistake.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: I want to click the second chord in bar by swingbabymix @ 11/18/22 07:13 PM

Originally Posted By: AudioTrackI'm interpreting the request as being able to audition on beat 2 or 4, which is currently not possible. If so, I support the request. +1 Yes, that's what I mean. You can express it more accurately. Thank you.
Band-in-a-Box Wishlist
Jump to new posts Re: I want to click the second chord in bar by swingbabymix @ 11/18/22 07:12 PM

You don't understand me. Pay attention to the picture You can only play 2m when you click 44bar and then click shift+enter But it can't play 5
Jump to new posts Re: Can I click the second chord? by swingbabymix @ 11/18/22 07:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Noel96Hi Swingbaby, That chord can be accessed but not simply by clicking on it. CTRL+F2 is the shortcut to access that chord region of BIAB. I've written how to do it in your Wishlist request (link below). Thank you for your reply. However, my goal is to click the second chord to let shift+enter play. You said ctrl+f2, I tried, just enter editing, not playing.
Jump to new posts Re: midi user track by musocity @ 11/18/22 06:43 PM

If you just put the midi track into Reaper and set the regions: Red will fit any chord match in any color part, pink is leadin or countin notes, endings are 4 bars etc.. If it is just a chorded track you can put all the midi onto one track, if it's a scale track have separate tracks for each key and just have scale/Scale in the name, if it's a drum track have drum/Drum in the name, these will just match the color to color sections. Save the regions as csv the same name as the midi usertrack. Pia
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: Uh Oh Oh No She's Gone by tommyad @ 11/18/22 06:09 PM

Originally Posted By: B.D.ThomasI like it: very good song with great vocals, a great arrangement and a really good mix. 2 thumbs up BDT. Thanks , I appreciate it, Tom
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: The Colors Of Nature by dcuny @ 11/18/22 05:35 PM

Nice song! Weina has a lovely voice, and her personality shines through here. As a native speaker (and user of the software) I'd prefer the accent be gone, but it does no damage to the song. I also thought that the first verse felt like it was pitched high for her, but I suspect part of that is that I'm just not that used to hearing someone sing that high. Another factor is when SynthesizerV "humanizes" pitches, it pulls the vocal slightly out of tune. It's a delicate balance - too
User Showcase
Jump to new posts Re: He Is the Song by dcuny @ 11/18/22 05:20 PM

Holding chord for the verse just makes the chorus that much sweeter. No complaints here!
Page 85 of 142 < 1 2 ... 83 84 85 86 87 ... 141 142 >
PG Music News
Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

Take a look at our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

In this video, we demonstrate how to use some of the newest features added with Band-in-a-Box® 2023, including Partial Re-Generation, Undo Track/Song Regeneration, Playable RealTracks, Master Track Automation, and more!

Watch: Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows® Boot Camp: Working with the Newest Features

The Band-in-a-Box® 2023 DAW Plugin Version 5.0 is Here!

There are over 40 enhancements to the Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows DAW Plugin Version 5.0, including Drum Stems (separate tracks from the different microphones used during the actual recording sessions), 4 color schemes to choose from, enhanced chord settings, improved undo/redo operation, "Rebuild StylePicker" notification whenever rebuild is required, EZ RealTracks/RealDrums Folder Locations dialog and much more!

The DAW Plugin Version 5.0 is included with all Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows orders - and our 2023 upgrades are ON SALE until December 31st! Until then, save up to 50% - upgrade for as little as $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Videos - One-Stop Shopping!

With the release of Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows, we're creating videos summarizing the new features, explaining new features in detail, and showcasing the new Add-ons!

Whether it's a summary of the new features, demonstrations of the 222 new RealTracks, information on the 2023 49-PAK, demonstrations of our new XPro Styles PAK 4 and Xtra Styles PAKs 14 & 15, or detailed tutorials for other Band-in-a-Box® 2023 features, we have you covered!

Reference this forum post for One-Stop Shopping of our Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Videos - we will be updating this post as more videos are added!

RealBand 2023 is Here!

Just released - RealBand 2023!

There are over 30 new features to RealBand 2023, including RealChart generation for RealDrums, MIDI Vocoder and Fix Tuning modes for Audio Harmonies, MicroChords (up to 4 chords per beat), RealDrum Stems support, Playable RealTracks to customize the RealTracks performances by adding your own notes, Reverse Audio Effects, easy Tab key navigation on the Chords Window, smoother mouse wheel operation on the Tracks Window, the EZ RealTracks/RealDrums folder locations dialog, and much more!

RealBand 2023 is included with all Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows orders - and our 2023 upgrades are ON SALE until December 31st! Until then, save up to 50% - upgrade for as little as $49!

Check out our Band-in-a-Box® packages page for all the purchase options available.

If you need any help deciding which package is the best option for you, just let us know. We are here to help!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows is here - and it's on SALE!

Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows is here, and it includes over 70 new features and an amazing collection of new content, including 222 RealTracks (20 more than we've released in previous versions), new RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Song with Vocals" Artist Performances, XPro Styles PAK 4, Xtra Styles PAK 14 & 15, Playable RealTracks Set 2, Playable RealDrums Set 1, 2 new sets of "RealDrums Stems," and more!

We're having a SALE on Band-in-a-Box® 2023 Upgrade purchases until December 31, 2022 - save up to 50% when you purchase your Band-in-a-Box® 2022 for Windows Upgrade!

We've packed our Free Bonus PAK & 49-PAK with some amazing Add-ons! The Free Bonus PAK is automatically included with most Band-in-a-Box® for Windows 2023 packages, but for more even more Add-ons (including 60 Unreleased RealTracks!) upgrade it to the 2023 49-PAK for only $49. You can see the full lists of items in each package, and listen to demos here.

Learn more about all the new features in Band-in-a-Box® 2023 for Windows.

Celebrate National Jukebox Day with Band-in-a-Box®!

Happy National Jukebox Day!

You don't need to go out and buy a Jukebox - if you're using Band-in-a-Box®, you already have one!

What does the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox do?

Using the directory you choose, the Band-in-a-Box® Jukebox will provide you with background music by continuously play the entire list of Band-in-a-Box® SGU files within that folder! There are many options for you to customize your Jukebox experience, including: Only Play song with melodies, Change Melody Instrument, Random order Playback, Audible Count-in, and more! Plus, the Jukebox will continue to play while you use other programs, providing your favorite music for continued background listening pleasure!

To learn more about the Jukebox feature in Band-in-a-Box®, check out Chapter 5 of our online manual, here. Mac too!

Forum Stats
36790 Members
64 Forums
76289 Topics
674544 Posts

Max Online: 2537 @ 01/19/20 07:09 AM
Newest Members
Robinjohnston66, elm18, pip77, cprblogs, firesoundwave

36790 Registered Users
Top Posters (30 Days)
jpettit 251
Matt Finley 205