Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Can music without lyrics make you laugh etcjoe 03/27/24 04:06 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
Skip to 0:28... No crying allowed.
It has a good beat and I can dance to it. I would say that to Dick Clark.
Replies 8 Views 253 Read More
Wishlist approval and implemention Vincente 03/27/24 03:51 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I wish PG will create a room to shows the wishes for the feature in BIAB that users request. On the Wishlist approval room, show the status of them. This's only way users acknowledge the PG grants their wish(es)
Replies 4 Views 187 Read More
Bletchley Park Bass Thumper 03/27/24 03:48 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Background Those living across “the pond” in Europe I’m guessing are very familiar with the English country house, Bletchley Park. For those less familiar with Station X, it was the principal center for Allied code-breaking during the Second World War. Its main objective was to break enemy codes and decipher their communications; which through much hard work they accomplished. At its peak in 1945, nearly 10,000 personnel worked there, about three quarters of these were women. These people had a variety of backgrounds including math, linguistics, chess champions and crossword puzzle enthusiasts; many had formidable lateral thinking skills. The famous mathematician, computer scientist and crypto-analyst Alan Turing was one of many brilliant minds that worked there. I wonder how many musicians were among their ranks; afterall, we think laterally smile What I would give if time, circumstance, skill and geography gave me the opportunity to work alongside those at Bletchley Park. I would love to have worked on the automatic decryption machinery developed there. As Tom Brokaw coined it, they truly were the greatest generation. WWII should teach us many lessons, yet authoritarianism is on the rise around the world; how quickly we forget. And many young people I speak to have little interest in “ho-hum ancient history” despite the fact that if we had lost the war, and their parents, grandparents or they themselves were born with a defect or had “undesirable” family backgrounds that they wouldn’t be here today. This song is a tribute to the men AND women who did their part to help win victory at Bletchley Park. I hope you find this song enjoyable and the theme reflective. Technicals 90 BPM BiaB: RealTracks in style: 680:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm RockBritSoulful Ev 085 RealTracks in song: 3765:Vibes, Rhythm PopBallad Ev 085 RealDrums in style:RockBritDrivingEv16^1-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride Me: Korg Keyboard: Synths, Piano Roland Drumpad: Ride Cymbal Fender Bass Bletchley Park
Replies 34 Views 1,177 Read More
Re: More AI some plugins for audacity etcjoe 03/27/24 03:37 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Some results are not great but tweaking is in order and most likely the tools will get better as he says in the video. But a couple of them work pretty good.
Replies 5 Views 137 Read More
More AI some plugins for audacity etcjoe 03/27/24 03:36 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 5 Views 137 Read More
Re: The Tracks Selection on the mixer should remain open until everything is selected. Vincente 03/27/24 03:35 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
+1 In addition, the track window shows only the selected utilities tracks.
Replies 10 Views 226 Read More
Re: The Tracks Selection on the mixer should remain open until everything is selected. shlind 03/27/24 03:30 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
+1 (yet another obvious point that should not have to be pointed out by the users. Anyone who have tested the software from a user point of view should have catched this and had it fixed before release).
Replies 10 Views 226 Read More
Re: Recommended audio interfaces / soundcards for use with BIAB. justanoldmuso 03/27/24 03:18 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Matt. the thing that concerns me with the the focusrites are in this video..but i think the comparison is gen 3 ?
best om
Replies 24 Views 884 Read More
Re: The wind on your back cubanpete 03/27/24 03:15 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Elliot. Mike B.
Replies 9 Views 220 Read More
Re: Cakewalk DAW plugin no bass, just silence Matt Finley 03/27/24 03:12 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan is right, and what he is describing is a new problem, just reported, awaiting a fix. I'm not sure there is any relationship between that and the problem you have with your older version.
Replies 7 Views 236 Read More
Re: Recommended audio interfaces / soundcards for use with BIAB. Matt Finley 03/27/24 03:10 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
OK, in your price range, I recommend a Focusrite audio interface. It comes with its own ASIO drivers. But let's first talk about what you have. ASIO drivers are developed for each manufacturer and sometimes need to be upgraded for new operating system versions. They would come with your sound card, not BIAB. If ASIO didn't work on your ASUS sound card, which is ten years old and stopped with Windows 8, are you sure you have a driver for it that works in Windows 11? Check the manufacturer's website and download a new driver. Your i7 is adequate to run BIAB 2024, assuming you have more than 4 GB of RAM.
Re: From the West to the Caribbean cubanpete 03/27/24 03:08 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks guys for the time to listen and the reviews, really appreciate it. Mario, you know what they say..it's all in the wrist. Just kidding. I just try this combinations to see how they work. Many times after listening to it I say , nah! so I don't go on with it. I'm working on one that I think is even more odd as far as instruments combinations. Will see. Cheers Mike B.
Replies 8 Views 200 Read More
Re: Recommended audio interfaces / soundcards for use with BIAB. justanoldmuso 03/27/24 03:06 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
eastern...also read these 2 threads so i dont have to retype pages... https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=718708#Post718708 AND... https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=795663#Post795663 if your pc has never been optimised for music production. best om ps i'm a long time whufc hammers fan !! i need a 'knickerbocker glory'....lmao
Re: The developer side of the fence. justanoldmuso 03/27/24 02:58 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
All. great comments by all. The lego bricks made me laugh. i won't bore you good people with my many tech 'war stories' but ive got many many very comical ones that are hilarious. Personally, I think the worst thing that ever happened to devs/coders was when ceo's got pc's at work and home. Because the ceos thought they could do activities in just a few clicks…so they thought… 'Why are those techs taking sooo long with the new system'...lol. This is why sometimes it's best just to sit them down for a day and get them involved in seeing what devs do. The best reason to do this is when ceo's order that new system to be done in 3 months (but all the devs know it's gonna take 2 years…lol) so there won't be any craziness. and ridiculous impossible time frames to meet. frankly my heart goes out to the new generation of techs having to deal with people trying to penetrate an organisation's systems. it's a zoo…. which is one reason why i keep my recording rig off the net. and let's talk about API's, and other OS 'features to help coders be productive '.... sometimes i wonder what the designers of such were on…lol. talk about difficult to understand by seasoned and new devs alike. now i'm gonna go dream about a media creation threadripper workstation that costs 8k with 96 cores that probably would handle any amount of tracks/plugins i might throw at it. sadly so many musos have to run old clunky pc's that have limited processing power. so i dont envy pg cos its an incredible challenge meeting many users features needs. It's a catch 22 for pg. 'between a rock and a hard place'. For example, someone with a beefy i7/i9/ryzen might be able to easily handle the new feature.. but what about the person just starting out in music production who doesnt realise uncle freds old cely pc just can't handle the load. it's a no win for pg imho. which is why ive commented many times bb needs an 'ALERT YOUR PC IS OVDERLOADING' feature... to cover pg's rear so the user doesnt blame pg. happiness…me very very happy lad with my new eyesight. om
Replies 28 Views 1,074 Read More
Re: Ain't Never Been This Bad David Snyder 03/27/24 02:26 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very cool. You really know how to pick those Real Tracks Alan! Nice.
Replies 25 Views 631 Read More
Re: RealBand problems with Kushview Element mkg50 (Mike G) 03/27/24 02:23 PM Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by mkg50 (Mike G)
Maybe PG Music will do us RealBanders a favour next year and let the 2025 version handle VST3. Fingers crossed. Cheers, Mike
Originally Posted by MoultiPass
Originally Posted by mkg50 (Mike G)
Thanks MoultiPass. It's a temporary solution at least. Though I'm a bit worried about these words from Native Instruments:
They've been saying that for 10 years, it's like electric cars, but we will always find diesels.... And anyway, with this method, you have VST2 and VST3.
Thanks again MoultiPass. I reinstalled the the VST2 version of Komplete Kontrol and it seems to be working fine. Thank you for sending the instructions. Mike
Replies 5 Views 249 Read More
Re: RealBand problems with Kushview Element mkg50 (Mike G) 03/27/24 02:18 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks for your suggestion Mario. In the RealBand forum, where I also posted this, MoultiPass pointed to a Native Instruments page that gave detailed instructions on how to reinstall the VST2 version of Komplete Kontrol. I've done this and everything seems to be working ok again. At least temporarily, until they discontinue support for VST2. Thanks again, Mike
Replies 2 Views 123 Read More
Re: Aurora V1: Night Turns Into Gold Al-David 03/27/24 02:14 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Chay, Your music always sits well in my ears. The sax and guitar leads were really sweet. the mix is superb and the flow was nice and easy. Can;'t go wrong with all of that working as it should! Nice! Alan
Replies 20 Views 561 Read More
Re: Cakewalk DAW plugin no bass, just silence DrDan 03/27/24 02:07 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It is currently NOT addressed in the current version. But it is very recently acknowledged and a fix is promised for the next update.
Replies 7 Views 236 Read More
Re: Some Songs vicarn 03/27/24 02:06 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Interesting and well thought out lyric, Marty. I hope you don't mind a suggestion that you consider changing the line: Memories of the good times we all share come alive when we hear some songs, to something like: Memories of the good times we all share mixed up with those thoughts of times we found so hard to bear. I just thought there may be too many "some songs" going on. Vic
Replies 23 Views 514 Read More
Re: BIAB para Mac en idioma español mrgeeze 03/27/24 01:50 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh Jump to new postsJump to new posts
De Acuerdo. +1
Replies 3 Views 183 Read More
Re: Green Is So Much Greener Without Blue vicarn 03/27/24 01:47 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Excellent pop production, BD. I too thought it was a male vocal but what do we know? Vic
Replies 34 Views 1,217 Read More
Re: Music from the Soul BabuMusic 03/27/24 01:40 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
What a good song, Dave. You have a real knack for writing catchy melodies and hooks that turn into earworms. Your vocals are quite engaging and wonderfully unique. Thanks for letting me play bass, and then making it sound even better in the mix. The video for this one is WAY over the top, and thanks for getting me involved with CoPilot.
Replies 32 Views 803 Read More
Re: Big Dreams and Cold Beer vicarn 03/27/24 01:39 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
And I appreciated your comments, Jani. Thank you. Vic
Replies 43 Views 1,337 Read More
Re: Green Is So Much Greener Without Blue BabuMusic 03/27/24 01:35 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very cool song, Brain. We often talk about the lyrics, and I might forget to mention how good the song is. It is. You are the master of those synth vocals. Excellent harmony and the song is so well developed with dynamics. That abrupt ending gets me every time. BTW, I have my dark side and you're welcome to it, but still... green is yellow without blue. hehe Did you get my PM about green?
Replies 34 Views 1,217 Read More
Page 88 of 119 1 2 86 87 88 89 90 118 119
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,584
Posts734,714
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197