Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Trouble Or Fun B.D.Thomas 04/01/24 11:57 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nice little rocker you've made. With a lot of lyrics I can learn from. "empty shotgun seat", "feet of clay" ... phrases I've never heard before, and that I never would have thought were proper english. The driving 'on the run' feeling makes the song so compelling to me, I love this mood. The drums seem to lack a bit of high-end (and my Yamaha monitors are already quite bright), but I assume that's intentional on your part. Anyway, I enjoyed the listen, that's what counts smile[Linked Image]
Replies 34 Views 1,037 Read More
She Can't Drive A Stick Shift Dewey_MI 04/01/24 11:54 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This song is actually more about a guy's inability to commit to a relationship than about a gal's inability to drive a four-on-the-floor. Not too deep and hopefully a fun listen. She Can't Drive A Stick Shift (SoundCloud) _CDRIVI2.STY. Country Drivin' 8ths w/ B3 All RealTracks. Tempo=150 RD: NashvilleEven8^6-a:Snare, HiHat , b:Snare, HiHat Open :Brian Fullen RT1693: Bass, Electric, CountryDrivin8thsA-B Ev 150 , Dave Francis RT686: Organ, B3, Background Pop Ev 120 , Gene Rabbai RT1696: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryDrivin8ths Ev 150 , Sandy Williams RT505: Guitar, Electric, Rhythm StoneZ Flash 2 Ev 140 , Eric Borash Added: 1697 Pedal Steel, Rhythm and 2003 Pedal Steel Soloist Mixed using Reaper
Replies 10 Views 228 Read More
Re: Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Featuring Janice on vocals) Janice & Bud 04/01/24 11:47 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by David Snyder
Hey Peter, this is awesome, and Janice of course is top of her game. Excellent mix and mastering from Bud. The lead guitar and arrangement is blistering. It is kind of like what would happen if you took the Allman Brothers, Credence Clearwater, the Band, and Steve Vai and smushed them all together, with Janis Joplin (though less raspy) on vocals. smile Great!!
Thank you David! That is undoubtably one of the more fascinating reviews us three have received. Well worth saving! J&B
Replies 63 Views 2,521 Read More
Re: I don't think I've mentioned this before.....HRD Dog find. DC Ron 04/01/24 11:34 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Herb, thanks for sharing your story about Lilly and the HRD mission. Tragic and fascinating. Appreciate what you and Lilly do. Ron
Replies 4 Views 169 Read More
Re: Big Dreams and Cold Beer vicarn 04/01/24 11:16 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Dan. Your comments are well thought out too. Vic
Replies 43 Views 1,388 Read More
Re: My friends have gone away laurent4114 04/01/24 10:50 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Derochette
Hi laurent4114, Video very rich in images which go well with your composition. It's pretty, well done. Jani[/quote Thanks Jani for the comments. Laurent [quote=firesong]Laurent...I agree with Floyd...there is a Doobie vibe here...Heyden sounds great (I'm working with him these days also)...I love the texture of his voice...great tune...really nice band!
Thanks firesong for the comments. I like Hayden's voice but there are elements of pronunciation to correct like "wind" for example as David pointed out. In this song I used a little Cubase plugin to lower the formant which gives it a slightly deeper voice. Laurent
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Laurent. Nice song - everything works. smile Just a comment on the word "wind" - it's got two meanings and pronunciations in English, and SynthesizerV always picks the wrong one. The one you want is /w ih n d/.
Thanks David for the comments and the correction for "wind". I found that there was also a problem with "memories" as if the r was not pronounced. Since then I have tried adding an r: m eh m er r ih z and reducing the time of the phoneme eh. I'm still at the learning and testing stage. Laurent
Replies 28 Views 566 Read More
Re: Trouble Or Fun rsdean 04/01/24 09:38 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Floyd, This is a new favorite. LOVE the vocal and song. The arrangement is tight and aggressive. The mix is upfront and rocking. As Bruce would say - this one is "tougher than the rest"... Bob
Replies 34 Views 1,037 Read More
Re: Is there a way to get BIAB to change style from 3/4 to 4/4 ? AudioTrack 04/01/24 06:09 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Charlie for clarifying. I haven't ever used Part Markers to program and control Styles or RealTracks, in fact, I didn't even know that was possible. It's perhaps something I need to study up on to find out exactly how it works wink Any starter clues?
Replies 19 Views 457 Read More
An amazing rendition of Fantaisie Impromptu Op 66 - on Marimba! AudioTrack 04/01/24 05:20 AM Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
An outstanding performance and I am sure that Chopin would be satisfied with this stunning delivery: Fantaisie Impromptu Op 66 - on Marimba! (Integrated playback is disabled on other website platforms)
Replies 1 Views 54 Read More
Re: Is there a way to get BIAB to change style from 3/4 to 4/4 ? Charlie Fogle 04/01/24 05:09 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
That's correct Trevor but it can also be done using Part Markers to change the Style. In this project, using Bar Settings was faster and easier. A BIAB song can have up to 24 different Part Marker assignments that can be used in the same manner as the normal a- and b- substyles. These Part Markers can be used to program and control Styles or RealTracks or both. I commented before I tested and in response to your request, I saw that Bar Settings was the simplest example.
Re: 2024v1109 Jazz#1 RD Artifacts AudioTrack 04/01/24 03:40 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by ShawnR
How does one upload a .sgu to this forum? Upload manager only allows for image files...
Correct. You cannot attach BIAB song files You need to upload to a file sharing service such as Drop Box, and then post the link.
Replies 17 Views 506 Read More
Re: Bletchley Park Bass Thumper 04/01/24 02:04 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by dcuny
Hi, Steve. Nice instrumental! I knew there were a lot of people working there, but 10,000 (including various outposts)? Wow. Codebreakers did some amazing and critical work during WWII. Apparently many people's work there wasn't officially recognized until 2009.
Yep, nearly 7,500 women worked there at the height, they represented about 75% of the total. They had 3 shifts providing 24/7 coverage. And I understand the work was so grueling that some of the women collapsed under the pressure. I envision they gave them a few hours to rest/recover and then they were back at it. Then on top, you know who was responsible for the housework at home. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Women_in_Bletchley_Park Thanks for listening.
Replies 34 Views 1,231 Read More
Re: On The Wings Of Love dcuny 04/01/24 01:42 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Jani.
Originally Posted by Derochette
I like the construction of this composition. It's very alive. I appreciated.
Thanks! smile
Replies 41 Views 1,265 Read More
Re: On The Wings Of Love dcuny 04/01/24 01:41 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Shigeki.
Originally Posted by animarorecords
As usual, it is very elaborately made. However, the melody is simple and easy to remember. There are various tricks that will keep me entertained. The string runs are used very effectively. The selection of Synth V is also accurate.
Thanks! My goal is to "keep you entertained", so I'm glad that worked for you. smile
Enjoyed my listen a lot.
Thanks, I appreciate your comments!
Re: On The Wings Of Love dcuny 04/01/24 01:39 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Rob and Anne-Marie.
Originally Posted by RnAM
A really good song and you've used a lot of techniques and instruments.
Thanks! smile
We agree on what you say about the belting of the singer
I played around with mixing the vocal with another singer to "tone down" the vocal, but didn't like the result. I'll probably revisit the vocal at some later point when I've got other vocalists. But I think he gives the best "flavor" for the song, which is enough for my purposes.
We also agree on the lack of variety, but we don't think it's a problem, because the song is rather fast and agile (if that's the right word here frown ).
Ha! I think you were looking for a polite way to say "The song isn't too long." wink
But the modulation at the end is a nice variation.
Yes, I'll need to add it to my "bag of tricks, because it works so well for so little effort. laugh Thanks, I appreciate hearing from you!
Re: On The Wings Of Love dcuny 04/01/24 01:33 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Tommy.
Originally Posted by tommyad
David, this is one of those songs that you can hear right away how much work it was to put together.
Thanks!
The vocals and melody are fantastic. The string runs are powerful and a great addition. This is an energetic and interesting listen that is produced at a very high level.
Thanks for letting me know you enjoyed it, and which parts worked best - I appreciate the positive feedback! smile
Re: On The Wings Of Love dcuny 04/01/24 01:29 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Dave.
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Listened to this a couple of days ago but didn't have time to comment.
That's OK - I thought I had already responded to these comments last week! frown
First of all I really like the vocal melody! Very adventuresome. I would never come up with a melody like that 'cause there is no possible way I could sing it eek Your vocalist handles it with ease.
Yes, it's nice to explore melodies without having to wonder if I could sing it. (Spoiler: not very well!)
I really like that string run that goes up after the vocal lines, very effective.
Thanks!
This is a genre I don't listen to and know nothing about so can't comment on that, but I like what you have done here, very well produced. Kudos for stepping outside of your comfort zone!
That's OK, it's not really a genre I'm at all familiar with, either. wink I'm glad you enjoyed it!
Re: On The Wings Of Love dcuny 04/01/24 01:25 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Scott.
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
You definitely found the right key because the voice soars. I can see why you lowered the key: it would have been a bit irritating that high.
Yeah, I've sort of resistant to do that in some cases, but BiaB makes it so easy, there's really no excuse for me not to explore different keys.
Awesome production. The rhythm section worked out well. Good work putting all those many elements together. I love the strings.
Thanks! I've got a collection of various sample libraries that have some really cool sounds. To some extent, songwriting is a chance to use some of those sounds that have been gathering dust, so I don't feel so guilty about spending all that money. wink I appreciate you stopping by to comment!
Re: 2024v1109 Jazz#1 RD Artifacts ShawnR 04/01/24 01:10 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
How does one upload a .sgu to this forum? Upload manager only allows for image files...
Replies 17 Views 506 Read More
Who knows about preparing MIDI files for a carillon? [Resolved] Matt Finley 04/01/24 12:56 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
EDIT: for now, I have enough info from the manufacturer that I should be able to get it working. I'll post at the end of the thread when I know more and solve this. This is music-related but most definitely not suited for any other forum, I think. The church where I perform just bought this: Schulmerich Series g5 Electronic Carillon. I want to program it with a few of my classical compositions. It will load a user-created MIDI file, but when I create one from BIAB or any other software, it loads but gives no sound when played. I sent a request to their customer support, but does anyone here have any ideas? I don't know if it requires Type 0 or Type 1. Maybe there is a SYSEX that must be prepared. I have no information about patches other than names of their supposed sound sets. Thanks for any tips.
Replies 12 Views 309 Read More
Re: Spain Corea style PhillyJazz 04/01/24 12:51 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I have a version that uses SAMBA.STY and is pretty decent. 125 tempo.
Replies 10 Views 278 Read More
Re: Is there a way to get BIAB to change style from 3/4 to 4/4 ? AudioTrack 04/01/24 12:47 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
OK, thanks Charlie. When you mentioned "setting Part Markers to make Style changes", I got confused with how the Part Markers created the style changes, but I think you are actually using Bar Settings to do this. Is that correct?
Re: Spain Corea style AudioTrack 04/01/24 12:41 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You may be able to find a decent MIDI file somewhere, that is specifically a backing arrangement of Spain. Some I found: https://www.midi-hits.com/search-results/type-title/find-spain/all-words-off/ https://bitmidi.com/c-corea-spain-mid (apparently a free download) Another download site here: https://cavalierp.tripod.com/CPMidi.html
Replies 10 Views 278 Read More
Re: "Easter songs" - How come that's not a thing? DrDan 04/01/24 12:40 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
There was a time Easter Music was a thing. Tracks 00:00 Happy Easter- Fred Astaire 02:23 Easter Parade- Bing Crosby 04:36 Easter Sunday Morning- Nat King Cole 07:30 It's Easter Time- Vaughn Monroe 10:49 Here Comes Peter Cottontail- Gene Autry 13:28 She's My Easter Lily- Dick Todd 15:49 Easter Sunday with You- Ernie Newton 18:24 Easter Parade- Harry James 21:50 Church in the Wildwood- The Browns 23:31 Two Easter Sunday Sweethearts- Vera Lynn 26:17 Great Day- Paul Whiteman, Bing Crosby & the Rhythm Boys 29:36 Happy Easter (reprise)- Fred Astaire 30:15 Easter Parade (reprise)- Judy Garland & Fred Astaire
Replies 13 Views 334 Read More
Re: No Name Ezekiel's Storm 03/31/24 11:58 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The oboe is hauntingly beautiful. The song is tranquil and cascading. title: Autumn Leaves
Replies 30 Views 1,186 Read More
Page 89 of 112 1 2 87 88 89 90 91 111 112
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,626
Posts735,221
Members38,522
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Steve Smith, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, Arnav Singh
38,522 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185