Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Handy website utility tells you the bit and sample rate of an audio file. eddie1261 03/10/24 01:38 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I have Medio Info as well and use it often. You know you are like 17 revisions behind, right? They are up to 24 something.
Replies 7 Views 199 Read More
Re: Summertime Memories BabuMusic 03/10/24 01:28 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Man, I love your paying, Andy. Good write and terrific execution --which means you killed it. Ha. Really enjoyable melody and variations. The ooze and oz was a nice touch. Cool bass feel adds the perfect complement.
Replies 12 Views 244 Read More
Re: Actual SGU Multitracks Songs for Learning, Practice or Karaoke musocity 03/10/24 08:44 AM Forum: Songs to add to Band-in-a-Box Titles database Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 1 Views 106 Read More
Re: Mutlitrack Karaoke Songs musocity 03/10/24 08:43 AM Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 1 Views 65 Read More
Re: Actual SGU Multitracks Songs for Learning, Practice or Karaoke musocity 03/10/24 08:42 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Replies 4 Views 213 Read More
Re: style change problem Martin Klein 03/10/24 08:42 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh Jump to new postsJump to new posts
From your reply I take it I can report bugs/inconsistencies here, I came across another small one: in the menu 'Edit/Song Form/', 'Song Form Begins at' and 'Song Form Ends at' do not get updated when I change them in the main window, while 'Total Choruses = ' does get updated. Saving the song does not change this, I have to close the song and reopen it to get the menu updated.
Replies 8 Views 439 Read More
Re: HOW TO CREATE A MASTER BUSS IN REAL BAND??? justanoldmuso 03/10/24 12:26 AM Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
i agree re manual/vids etc need for updating. there are various other features i would like which i have suggested to pg. but i'm not complaining as things stand. one major thing i would like to see particularly for new users is more commonalty between bb and rb. to lessen the learning cycle for new users. for example i like how handy the right click menu in rb is and would like the same in bb. lol...if i get in a nit picking mood i remind myself that if one wanted to own a recording studio in the 1960's one had to be very rich to do so due to the high costs. and even then one would only get a few tracks to record on. yet here we are today whereby someone can get bb and rb with various session rt's on a flash drive for a 100 bucks. George Martin would maybe say WHAT ? happiness. om
Replies 23 Views 1,062 Read More
Re: When Jesus Comes To Take Us All Away MarioD 03/09/24 09:06 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ronnie, country gospel at its absolute best. Great harmonies that brought me back to the Hee Haw days, and that's a good thing. Great vocal and mix with an outstanding message.
Replies 7 Views 139 Read More
Re: Slow Walking MarioD 03/09/24 08:24 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Mario, You showed me/us a lot of your talent lately! Whatever scene passes, you made a gorgious song about it. This one is no exeption to that, well... in a way it is. In 1963 I was 8 years and my father used to play these songs all the time. That drove me mad! But now, I have mixed feelings. I really like what you do, like that fantastic saxophone, and on the other hand it took me back to that time... But you, you did a very good job again, Mario. And I like how you manage to do that every time! Hans
Thanx so much Hans for this wonderful review.
Replies 43 Views 1,172 Read More
Re: Our last ballroom dance cubanpete 03/09/24 07:29 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you much Brad, I'm glad you liked it. Cheers Mike B.
Replies 5 Views 80 Read More
Re: Ease My Weary Mind, live busking, original tune DonnyGee 03/09/24 05:19 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Dewey_MI
Hey Donny, nice groove and smooth vocals to match. I would love it if you included the lyrics either in your SC description or as part of your form post. BTW, great guitarin'! Dewey
Hey hey Dewey, the song I posted was a 'on the spot' live recording, including the words and music etc... As soon as I get the song written and published, I will come back with the final work and update the post, thanks for asking. Thank you for the guitar comment, your words are gold to me. Donny G
Replies 19 Views 489 Read More
Re: transposer hub 03/09/24 01:27 PM Forum: Forum des Utilisateurs Français de Band-in-a-Box Jump to new postsJump to new posts
merci parfait c'est exactement cela que je veux merci pour ton aide
Replies 5 Views 321 Read More
Re: 2023 User Showcase Awards.... Congratulations to.... Birchwood 03/09/24 01:16 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Peter and your PG staff, Thanks for including me on this Award list! Like others here, I like BiaB very much and it is also a starting point for the songs I make. That would have become more difficult if BiaB wasn't there. I'm very happy to see this software improving every year. Also congratulations to everyone who is on this Award list! Hans (Birchwood)
Replies 40 Views 4,062 Read More
Re: MIDI Files for Faster Styles Henry’s back MountainSide 03/09/24 12:39 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yep, he does great videos! I tend to get too hung up on the technology but Henry has a way of getting me grounded back into making music. Jeff
Replies 3 Views 132 Read More
Does this guitar have REALTRACK? swingbabymix 03/08/24 11:05 PM Forum: Styles and RealTracks Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Is the guitar like the one in the first 20 seconds of the video available in BIAB’s REALTRACKS?
Replies 0 Views 49 Read More
Re: Blimey!!! What am I doing???? John Lancelotte 03/08/24 07:48 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Folks. I've put up a couple more for your inspection, please.
Replies 20 Views 459 Read More
Re: Current Measure Colour BlindWillie 03/08/24 07:13 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yeow! Super helpful..... thanks a ton......this one's been bothering me for a long time....fixed!
Replies 9 Views 1,832 Read More
Re: This sweet madness (with David Cuny) Chris37 03/08/24 06:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks David for your information. And thanks B.D.Thomas and tommyad for your comments.
Replies 20 Views 477 Read More
Re: ASIO driver works fine in RealBand, not in Band in the Box - 2023 version AudioTrack 03/08/24 05:48 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Did you have RealBand running when trying to use the ASIO driver in BiaB?
Replies 1 Views 46 Read More
Re: Previously uploaded songs to my youtube studio sounded fine. Last two very harsh sounding. natcheztoo 03/08/24 03:24 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Andrew (and other kind participants), First, I am trying to save or render my songs with the melody notes showing, not the chord sheet. I am going to attach a screen snip showing the way my "render" box is set up. With any luck, I have attached the file. The rendered AVI on my computer was in C:\bb\Jerry's Songs. This is where all of the files, MGU, SGU, and RENDERED files are. I clicked on it, and it played. I just figured out how to find out what it is playing in. It is in a program called MPC-HC. The popup says, "MPC-HC is an extremely light-weight, open-source media player for Windows®. It supports all common video and audio file formats available for playback. We are 100% spyware free, there are no advertisements or toolbars." Above this it also says, "MPC-HC is not under development since 2017. Please switch to something else." I have no idea why my file opened in this. I found a program, VLC, which plays AVI files, downloaded it, dropped in the questionable file with the harsh sounds and was sorely disappointed that it sounded exactly as bad as the version from my Youtube.com studio. But it, too, sounds correct when played in BIAB and in my youtube.com studio. I guess that is because it was rendered and uploaded when I was using BIAB 2020. So, I dragged and dropped another song, "Boudreaux's Cafe," which had been in my Youtube.com studio before I got BIAB 2024. It played perfectly, just the way it does on YouTube. No harsh scratchiness. Where does that leave us? Excuse me, "Where does that leave me?" Finally, Andrew, I haven't been able to run the last "Red Notes" tests that you sent to determine the 2020 build they worked correctly in. I am going to make a determined effort tomorrow. Jerry
Replies 15 Views 543 Read More
Re: LOOP still no sound. musocity 03/07/24 11:54 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thank you swingbabymix for your nagging on this issue and musiclover for finding the cause !
Replies 9 Views 312 Read More
Re: How do I see the LOOP I added in multipicker? musocity 03/07/24 11:49 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I forgot, you forgot others will forget...there needs to be a better way, we should not now have to Rebuild in the Styles Tab each time we add a new loop, it takes too long now doing a Rebuild !!!!
Replies 3 Views 139 Read More
Re: BEST DAMNED BREAKUP SONG: David Snyder Dewey_MI 03/07/24 09:26 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Well I hear Dylan and the Stones in this one, David...and a redneck lyric. Keep it keeping it original! Dewey
Replies 27 Views 1,084 Read More
Re: Opening a file in DAW Plugin. Where's the audio? DFT 03/07/24 08:07 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box VST and Pro Tools/AAX DAW Plugin (Windows) Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Catherine
Hello. You can generate a selected region by highlighting a section of the chord sheet and clicking the "Generate" button. That will change the selected region. So if you are working in a DAW you could cut and replace sections after you've dragged them from the plugin. Thanks! Catherine
That will work! Thanks.
Replies 5 Views 166 Read More
Re: Copying Tracks Charlie Fogle 03/07/24 04:09 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Frank Alves
I've been working with some Western Swing arrangements. I'd like to create a song with twin fiddles playing in unison. My thought was to create a fiddle track and freeze it, and then copy it to the melody or soloist track. I'm stuck on the copying part. Any thoughts, please. I have BIAB 2022. Thanks!
If you have a newer version that has Playable RealTracks it only involves generating the RealTrack, freeze this RealTrack, Rt click and select Track Actions\ Copy/Move Tracks and copy just the Midi Data to another Track, Click on the Playable RealTracks Button, Muter the entire track region, select all the notes and make selected notes playable assign a fiddle playable instrument and in Mixer slightly alter the volume, panning and tone controls and play the track. You can also edit the velocity and some notes a bit in the Piano Roll of the Playable RealTrack if it sounds too much like a double rather than twin fiddles.
Replies 9 Views 346 Read More
Page 10 of 14 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,563
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200