Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Cakewalk DAW plugin no bass, just silence Matt Finley 03/27/24 03:12 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Dan is right, and what he is describing is a new problem, just reported, awaiting a fix. I'm not sure there is any relationship between that and the problem you have with your older version.
Replies 7 Views 225 Read More
Re: From the West to the Caribbean cubanpete 03/27/24 03:08 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks guys for the time to listen and the reviews, really appreciate it. Mario, you know what they say..it's all in the wrist. Just kidding. I just try this combinations to see how they work. Many times after listening to it I say , nah! so I don't go on with it. I'm working on one that I think is even more odd as far as instruments combinations. Will see. Cheers Mike B.
Replies 8 Views 199 Read More
Re: RealBand problems with Kushview Element mkg50 (Mike G) 03/27/24 02:23 PM Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by mkg50 (Mike G)
Maybe PG Music will do us RealBanders a favour next year and let the 2025 version handle VST3. Fingers crossed. Cheers, Mike
Originally Posted by MoultiPass
Originally Posted by mkg50 (Mike G)
Thanks MoultiPass. It's a temporary solution at least. Though I'm a bit worried about these words from Native Instruments:
They've been saying that for 10 years, it's like electric cars, but we will always find diesels.... And anyway, with this method, you have VST2 and VST3.
Thanks again MoultiPass. I reinstalled the the VST2 version of Komplete Kontrol and it seems to be working fine. Thank you for sending the instructions. Mike
Replies 5 Views 244 Read More
Re: BIAB para Mac en idioma español mrgeeze 03/27/24 01:50 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh Jump to new postsJump to new posts
De Acuerdo. +1
Replies 3 Views 179 Read More
Re: When you find your song on an album you've never head of ... Notes Norton 03/27/24 01:03 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
You forgot to add, know the right people and/or be in the right place at the right time. I've known a lot of good-looking, great singers and fine musicians who didn't make it big. But it's not the only way. I've known musicians who make a lot of money playing music and others who need a day job to pay the bills. I've made a living doing music and nothing but music for most of my life. I could have done better if I stayed in the electronics tech/engineering industry that I trained for, but 5 years of that convinced me I'd be happier staying with music. Though I live modestly, I have no debt, and I'm happier this way. There is more than one way to do it. Playing music puts you in the category of other professionals. Not every lawyer makes the big time, some do well and some barely get by. Bands are like other small businesses, some fail, some make a decent living at it, and some hit the big time. I think if anyone can make a living doing what they would do for free, and doing what they truly enjoy, they are better off than most people — and if they get rich in the process, they join the lucky ones. Notes ♫
Replies 27 Views 1,339 Read More
Re: Got Too Close Tonight DC Ron 03/27/24 12:45 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Ronnie Fields
Great song, I like the vocals and the arrangement, I can still hear it in my head.
Why, THANK YOU, Ronnie! Glad you liked it, seeing how you can still hear it. Hate it when a song I DON'T like gets stuck in my head. Ha!
Replies 38 Views 1,017 Read More
New Music Theory/Guitar Instruction Blog Blitzstar 03/27/24 03:09 AM Forum: Woodshedding - Learning to Play! Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello everyone. I'm new to PG Music and just wanted to let everyone know that I recently published a blog on music theory as it relates to guitar playing (appropriately called "music theory and the guitar"), and thought some of you might find it useful. The goal of the blog is to provide a frame of reference that will allow students to see the big picture of music so that they can more easily understand where the individual pieces fit. If anyone is interested, it can be accessed at https://blitzstarguitar.com/blog/ . Please let me know if you find it helpful. Thanks. Frank
Replies 0 Views 77 Read More
Re: Sea to Sky Highway Ezekiel's Storm 03/26/24 11:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Folk type song, but you two still achieve an other worldly sound. Your guitar meshes well with the vocal. Fantastic lyrics.
Replies 29 Views 1,014 Read More
Roland Go Keys Bass Thumper 03/26/24 08:50 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
This video came in, may be of interest for keyboard players on a budget. Music technology keeps moving forward and this can do more than my much pricier board can do. Apparently, you can program a chord progression into it. He addresses this board around 4:00
Replies 0 Views 60 Read More
Re: Epstein-Barr Elliott Kayne 03/26/24 05:49 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Really nice musical piece. Very good production, mix, and overall pro sound Interesting concept and tribute.
Replies 33 Views 1,249 Read More
Re: Reggaeton Style mmpartee 03/26/24 04:53 PM Forum: Styles and RealTracks Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I understand that there are now a handful of reggaeton RealTracks available in BiaB 2024, which is currently Windows only and not yet available for us Mac users. I would LOVE to be able to use the new reggaeton in BiaB Mac, but apparently I'm a few months too early. So +1 for more Reggaeton styles to be created, and be available for BiaB Mac.
Replies 9 Views 2,255 Read More
Re: Chat GPT is incredible but not only for helping with writers block Gordon Scott 03/26/24 02:52 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by JoanneCooper
Originally Posted by Gordon Scott
Off topic-ish. ... Recently I was asked to research a particular artists work, identify it, locate it, find current owner if acceptable and so on. Your search has made me wonder if an A.I. engine might be able to help with that. That said, I'm not sure I want to get dragged in to that kind of activity anyway.
Give it a try! Nothing ventured nothing gained. You may have to try a different generative ai for the current owner as chat gpt is not always trained on the latest data. I think google’s Gemini is trained on the latest. If you do give it a try, let us know what you think.
But in this case, if I venture, all I personally gain is another task I don't really need. laugh frown
Replies 11 Views 329 Read More
Re: Bad Dreams Bad Luck tommyad 03/26/24 12:16 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
That opening just knocked my socks right off. With, the whole song did. Guitar work and production is stunning. You should be bringing in the royalties with this one. My new fave Tommy song.
Scott, thanks for the fantastic review. With the cost of cheeseburgers these days I make enough for half of one.
Replies 43 Views 1,733 Read More
Re: Sweet Home Normandy laurent4114 03/26/24 10:10 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Good song, nice groove, also like the lyrics. Good sax and guitar solos. I like the synth vocal, although the phrasing is off in spots. But good tone, fits the song. Overall enjoyed, nice work on the video too.
Thanks Dave for the comments. I'm new to the voice synthesizer and there are adjustments to make and experience to gain. Laurent
Originally Posted by Al-David
Laurent, Very nicely done! Strong backing tracks and a great mix! Excellent! Take care, Alan
Thanks Alan. I'm new to singing in English but there is a good dictionary. laurent
Replies 25 Views 971 Read More
Re: Import Frozen SGU Tracks Utility Audio Tracks Missing musocity 03/26/24 07:18 AM Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yes you are right I have auto generate disabled so it's loading in the frozen BB tracks only and the Utility RealCharts. If you can get that sorted it will be good so users will get the same tracks they worked on in Biab. After opening the SGU if I select Import the same SGU it will import the same frozen BB track sections to new tracks, so that's good to be able to import another frozen SGU to the same project if you want more than 24 tracks.
Replies 5 Views 153 Read More
Re: Name sections of a song DrDan 03/25/24 11:35 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DrDan
Originally Posted by darthurb2
I would love to have the ability to add markers or whatever they would be called, like Intro, First Verse etc.
That is already possible with the Section Text Labels feature. Its hard to find, but its there.
Here it is... [Linked Image]
Replies 4 Views 119 Read More
Re: Art MPA II Tube Pre Amp - Anyone Used For Vocals? rharv 03/25/24 10:51 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I used those mics as a reference because their reported impedance is lower than a lot of them. "Rated impedance is 150Ω (310Ω actual) for connection to microphone inputs rated low impedance" The others probably appear louder and clearer when higher because that is the impedance they expect. Starving a mic is different than giving it too much, so the two mics you used and the two mics I mentioned would likely show different results to the ear. So many SM-57 and 58's out there still in use, but many interfaces do not have a way to adjust for them. I have a separate preamp that works just fine, and if I insert it before the interface it's fine. But having an interface that did it in the first place is a nice feature. That said, my Preamp also offers the additive tube feature .. so works a treat on other stuff as well. If that ART has an 'instrument' in switch, may be fun to se what your guitar or bass sounds like through it.
Replies 18 Views 712 Read More
Re: drums stop playing for 3 bars then start again Matt Finley 03/25/24 10:39 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks for posting your song. I tested it and it played the drums fine, so I think it's not the song and you can go back and try other suggestions. I don't know this genre but consider removing some chords where the same chord is used in the next measure, like the second of the two bars of the A chord. It might make a smoother sounding backing track.
Replies 6 Views 160 Read More
Re: Back to Me (Original Song 2024) Paul Haynes 03/25/24 10:35 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by WaoBand
Wow, that's a truly beautiful authentic song! The chorus is excellent, not just fine, but it would have more drive with backing vocals and/or double-tracking. If I'd written that I'd be extremely proud of it. Truly beautiful. I pray you can win the Great Lady back.
Thank you. Yes I'm very proud of this song. For the past 7 months I wanted to write a song about my journey but just had no creativity flowing for anything. It's been a long isolating journey so far. I do give God the praise for this song because I know my limitations and I take a very long time to write songs but this was written and recorded within 48 hours! OK I have refined it many times slightly since but the core was done in 48 hours. That's unheard of for me. I've come to the conclusion that only The Lord can save our marriage because I've tried everything. I'm learning to surrender. I have some other song ideas that I need to work on next.
Replies 16 Views 476 Read More
Re: I'LL TAKE THE DOG DC Ron 03/25/24 10:21 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Elliott, nicely done with the new harmonies!
Replies 20 Views 542 Read More
Re: MY WISHES FOR RB. musocity 03/25/24 08:01 PM Forum: RealBand Wishlist Jump to new postsJump to new posts
The current 4 is not working so will wait for the release version. [Linked Image]
Replies 11 Views 483 Read More
Re: Something wrong, kind of Blues Birchwood 03/25/24 04:26 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Torrey, Jannice and Bud, Scott, Peter, Scott S and Dave Thank you all for your very encouraging words. These words make me want to make more songs ;-)
Originally Posted by Torrey Bliss
Hans I love that slow bluesy walking down pattern! It always gets me interested! Your drum sounds here are great as are the use of special effects! This has unexpected elements such as the fiddle solo! It all sounds great to me! The best part is your vocals....raw emotion is coming through especially in that bridge section! Very good work Hans! TB
Torrey, I'glad you mentioned that violin as unexpected instrument. I love strings, but you can't always use them. Some here said they expected a roaring guitar. But the violin was very applicable here and very beautiful. Also a little different. I like that and apparently you do too! And thanks of what you say about the vocals. like that, but I still think yours beat mine.
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Oh John, you’ve never sounded better. 😉 Really though, Hans, it's the timbre of your voice and your phrasing that are so wonderfully reminiscent of Lennon. You put together some great session guys and the fiddle adds to the heartbreak vibe. The lyric along the build in the arrangement are excellent and the video is cool with the live audience scenes interspersed. We’re fans! J&B
Bud, and Janice, your post sounds so nice. I almost can't believe all those compliments, so take it easy... I already told some here John is back and it is me. and I have proof from America!!! But what I think is the most nice part of your post? Now we are both fans from eachother :-))
Originally Posted by Scott C
Listened to this a few times Hans. Just love this song. Loved that overdriven piano. Very cool tone. Excellent vocal and lyric. Really well done...
Scott, this is so nice from you. Your compliments were on YT and here and now you start doing it all over again. Thanks a lot!
Originally Posted by PeterF
Hans I listened and watched the latest version. A lot of work has gone into the video and it's very well done. I enjoyed the song and the concept. Very nicely done. Peter
Peter, I'm glad you listened to the newest version on YT. I am still not so familiair with YT, it's the 3rd more real video I made, but I always get confused of what they are asking and so on. I didn't know you can't replace a video. I think that has to change. You can always make a mistake on something, but before you know it you have 6 videos of the same thing... But thanks you liked the song and that new video. The work was about half a day, because I learned how to expose the lyrics and to put movies in movies. I like doing that. Mostly, creating a good story is a challenge.
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
I watched and listened to the updated video. The stand outs form this song are as follows: Your vocal. This is your strongest vocal performance I've heard so far. Excellent in all aspects. That electric piano gives the whole song a cool and unique sound. The mix is clear and crisp. Darn good song!
Scott, it's so nice how you say the things you want to say! 'Bam, bam, bam' there it is. I love that. And especially the order of those sayings Thanks a lot!
Originally Posted by BlueAttitude
Good song, Hans! You are a top notch songwriter in my book. Love the feel and the vocal. Enjoyed!
Dave, I always thought FJ was that. So thanks for this nice compliment! Yesterday I heard your new song. I think there's a competition going on between us in terms of songwriting! But thanks a lot, man. Maybe we can do a duett. Or combined with Chris? And Marty?? Nice day to you all, Hans
Replies 27 Views 1,283 Read More
Re: HOPE BEYOND THE GRAVE Torrey Bliss 03/25/24 01:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Awesome intro Torrey. Loved the groove and instrumentation. First class vocal, lyric and harmonies. Awesome message in the lyrics. Guitar was excellent. Well done..
Thanks for your time to listen Scott! I appreciate it very much as this may be my last one for quite a while! TB
Replies 33 Views 1,391 Read More
Re: Cold Plate (Feat. PeterF on guitar) Janice & Bud 03/25/24 01:02 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Loved this tune. Super vocal Janice. Beautifully executed. So much melody and range. Peter loved the tone and vibrato. on your guitar break. Bud excellent production, mix and master. Loved that piano floating around on the left side. Perfectly placed.
Thanks Scott. Your generous comments are much appreciated by the three of us! J&B
Originally Posted by Derochette
Hi Janice & Bud and Peter, The song is pleasant and the mix impeccable as usual. The Synchronization of Janice's Voice With the Guitar Solo is Well Done. I appreciated
Thank for listening and commenting! J&b
Replies 54 Views 2,231 Read More
Re: External Hardware Bob Calver 03/25/24 11:08 AM Forum: PowerTracks Pro Audio Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Apologies I use a midi controller/keyboard to record music. If you want the controller to do more, I'm not sure
Replies 3 Views 435 Read More
Page 11 of 14 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 14
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,578
Posts734,642
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 193