Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: Should the standard offering of BIAB increase its bit rate? Matt Finley 03/24/24 03:15 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I could spend time researching this but it’s no point because I completely agree with you that the audio quality for the regular version of BIAB (for Windows), wherever you chart it, should be improved.
Replies 5 Views 186 Read More
Re: Homeland Scott C 03/24/24 01:14 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Loved the vocal processing on this. The deep reverb was very cool. Awesome vocal and harmonies. Well done
Replies 24 Views 405 Read More
Re: Change the tempo in RB readybeans 03/24/24 12:33 AM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It worked! No blorps or rattling. Thanks again, Bob.
Replies 3 Views 60 Read More
Re: Still Hear Chords with Mixer Tracks Muted musocity 03/23/24 09:50 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
If you had the chord output set and an external device like MS GS Synth set. [Linked Image]
Replies 8 Views 155 Read More
Re: The Hectic Life of Orla Swoon WaoBand 03/23/24 07:18 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
[quote=BlueAttitude]It's hard to do an instrumental and keep it interesting, but you managed with this piece. Great groove! Love the B3 and the piano tracks especially. And that vocal track is the icing on the cake! Nice outro with the harp. Enjoyed! [/quote Thanks for the response, Your Blueness. But heck, all of my instrumentals keep the interest! At least I enjoy listening to long playlists of them. :D]
Replies 23 Views 397 Read More
Re: Faith's Gonna Rise Today (a first attempt with Synth Voices) jannesan 03/23/24 06:45 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Very good work for a first try with Synth V, sounds quite natural and about right key for Hayden (I don't have Hayden, so I cannot give advice on possible strengths or weaknesses). Upbeat song and pleasant band, catchy chorus needs maybe some lifting up, you could double Hayden's voice for thicker sound (use retake and voice setting features to add variation to the voice and move notes back or forth on the timeline). Or maybe one day you have female voices for a full choir smile Janne
Replies 19 Views 371 Read More
Re: I Feel Love - Donna Summer 2024 Grammy Hall Of Fame NOLAGuy 03/23/24 06:04 PM Forum: Best of YouTube Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It's the catchy and meaningful heartfelt lyrics that make this song Grammy worthy!!
Replies 4 Views 118 Read More
Re: How to regenerate like the demo? danhargrave 03/23/24 03:36 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Found it. Views tab. Tracks. Thanks again.
Replies 5 Views 143 Read More
Re: PGMusic Grammys? etcjoe 03/23/24 01:06 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Yeah, the Grammy awards themselves are just a popularity contest. Best and Worst is always very subjective. PG Music's version is just fine.
Replies 11 Views 312 Read More
Re: George Benson, looking back on his life and career And paying tribute to the greats along the way etcjoe 03/23/24 12:51 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Good interview. I was hoping he would actually play. But at 80 I think he has earned the right to just talk! I love his reaction to some of his playing when listening back.
Replies 2 Views 79 Read More
Re: Jacob Collier Reinvents The Guitar etcjoe 03/23/24 12:50 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I am too old! My brain just doesn't work anymore. I can certainly see how it helps him and it is quite an invention. Altered tuning but just always that way. He makes a lot of sense. 5 fingers 5 strings!! LOL.
Replies 1 Views 62 Read More
Re: One Foot in Heaven DC Ron 03/23/24 09:27 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Fred, really nice song, expertly performed. I'm thinking this is more "world weary" than "dark" but then my glass is almost always full. Love what you did with various strings in the background to provide ambience over the acoustic instruments up front in the mix. Sounds super. Your vocals are excellent, too. Loved it!
Replies 3 Views 89 Read More
Re: Creating music using synth keyboard saxgentleman67 03/23/24 05:22 AM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Gordon. Very helpful.
Replies 8 Views 223 Read More
Now That's Gotta Be Easier musocity 03/23/24 04:24 AM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Import-frozen-SGU-MGU-realtracks-drums-tracks-GUI.zip This gives the great song generation power of Biab with professional editing. Use this "Browse" button to set the path of the frozen SGU/MGU, this can be the SGU you are currently working on in Biab. "Reaload Tracks" button will load all the currently frozen tracks in the SGU. "Selected" button will transfer the track instantly into the selected track. "New" button will transfer the track instantly into a new track. "Set" button will set Reaper bpm to same as SGU. "Import Chords" button will import the current SGU chords as regions (make sure to Unfold and save first), it will set the bpm and time signature. If you update or add new tracks in Biab, just freeze the track and save, then simply hit the "Reload Tracks" button to update the track list. [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Replies 0 Views 51 Read More
Re: Open SGU in Reaper musocity 03/23/24 04:19 AM Forum: Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Import-frozen-SGU-MGU-realtracks-drums-tracks-GUI.zip This gives the great song generation power of Biab with professional editing. Use this "Browse" button to set the path of the frozen SGU/MGU, this can be the SGU you are currently working on in Biab. "Reaload Tracks" button will load all the currently frozen tracks in the SGU. "Selected" button will transfer the track instantly into the selected track. "New" button will transfer the track instantly into a new track. "Set" button will set Reaper bpm to same as SGU. "Import Chords" button will import the current SGU chords as regions (make sure to Unfold and save first), it will set the bpm and time signature. If you update or add new tracks in Biab, just freeze the track and save, then simply hit the "Reload Tracks" button to update the track list. EDIT: If you don't have the peak files already it will have to build them but once you have the reapeaks files it will be instant. You can use Script: Create reapeaks in folder.lua [Linked Image]
Replies 21 Views 1,855 Read More
Re: Working In Biab & Reaper Simultaneously and Instantly musocity 03/23/24 04:19 AM Forum: Add-ons and UserTracks for Band-in-a-Box Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Import-frozen-SGU-MGU-realtracks-drums-tracks-GUI.zip This gives the great song generation power of Biab with professional editing. Use this "Browse" button to set the path of the frozen SGU/MGU, this can be the SGU you are currently working on in Biab. "Reaload Tracks" button will load all the currently frozen tracks in the SGU. "Selected" button will transfer the track instantly into the selected track. "New" button will transfer the track instantly into a new track. "Set" button will set Reaper bpm to same as SGU. "Import Chords" button will import the current SGU chords as regions (make sure to Unfold and save first), it will set the bpm and time signature. If you update or add new tracks in Biab, just freeze the track and save, then simply hit the "Reload Tracks" button to update the track list. EDIT: If you don't have the peak files already it will have to build them but once you have the reapeaks files it will be instant. You can use Script: Create reapeaks in folder.lua [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Replies 1 Views 127 Read More
Re: Advanced Mode of Working with Biab musocity 03/23/24 04:16 AM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Windows Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Import-frozen-SGU-MGU-realtracks-drums-tracks-GUI.zip This gives the great song generation power of Biab with professional editing. Use this "Browse" button to set the path of the frozen SGU/MGU, this can be the SGU you are currently working on in Biab. "Reaload Tracks" button will load all the currently frozen tracks in the SGU. "Selected" button will transfer the track instantly into the selected track. "New" button will transfer the track instantly into a new track. "Set" button will set Reaper bpm to same as SGU. "Import Chords" button will import the current SGU chords as regions (make sure to Unfold and save first), it will set the bpm and time signature. If you update or add new tracks in Biab, just freeze the track and save, then simply hit the "Reload Tracks" button to update the track list. EDIT: If you don't have the peak files already it will have to build them but once you have the reapeaks files it will be instant. You can use Script: Create reapeaks in folder.lua [Linked Image] [Linked Image]
Replies 17 Views 1,393 Read More
Re: One Way Ticket, Live busking track dcuny 03/23/24 03:31 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi, Donny. I see I'm quite late for this train, but I'm glad I finally made it on board. Mellow and laid back. smile I would have liked the vocals a bit louder, though. You've got a pleasant voice.
Replies 10 Views 212 Read More
Re: Happy birthday Al-David musiclover 03/22/24 11:34 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Happy birthday, have a good one.
Replies 4 Views 77 Read More
Re: Bluegrass/country song arrangement quandary rharv 03/22/24 10:49 PM Forum: Recording, Mixing, Performance and Production Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I just call it 'tinkering' .. There is something about it I thought was pretty cool too, but I don't have any idea where it would fit, or in what application it may work .. maybe a catfishing TV show theme or something <grin> / that's a pretty competitive market from what I hear //yes I am Fusion at heart .. I think it just might help us all get along better /// we called our first gig band (high school era) the Fusicians <giggle, but true>
Replies 9 Views 269 Read More
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,575
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200