Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: No Name MarioD 03/25/24 12:02 AM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Ronnie Fields
I agree with Janice and Bud, great arrangement, sounds like a professional sound track, and is soothing.
Thanx so much Ronnie. I appreciate your kind words.
Originally Posted by WaoBand
A potential title for this could "Tracking Sound" and as it sounds like soundtrack material. I really like the oboe sound, but I'd liked to have heard more of it in this,
Thanx so much, especially for that suggestion. I will keep that in mind for my next song(s).
Replies 21 Views 278 Read More
Re: No Name MarioD 03/24/24 11:59 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
Epic and relaxing ... if those aren't contradictory. Big sound! Great performances, arrangement, backing tracks and mix. We never cease to be amazed by the controller and the oboe is a treat. Enjoyed it, No Names
Thanx Janice and Bud. I am trying to improve on my breath and keyboard controller combination. Hopefully I will get better.
Re: I Remember that Day, original busking tune DonnyGee 03/24/24 11:59 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by MarioD
Donny, the backing band sounds great. FWIW I found the lyrics hard to follow. IMHO they sound be louder as parts are lost in the mix. That is just my two cents and others may not agree.
Yep, you are right, I may do a live cut tonight and replace it. I was actually trying to write on the fly. I am sure you know that I have at least ten ongoing ideas that need to get into production material, all about the balancing act. I will say that it is great to be in my 70's and still writing so much 'keeper' material. But yea, I just wanted to get the idea down, now I can do a much better live track, thanks. I enjoy listening to your production work. Donny G
Replies 7 Views 150 Read More
Re: No Name MarioD 03/24/24 11:57 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Mario, Nice work on the controllers. Cool oboe... A flowing melody. Easy on the ears. Description: Meditative. Relaxing. Engaging. Title: The Rest Is History Lovely. fj
Thanx Floyd. I believe I am becoming more confident with the breath and keyboard controllers. Time will tell.
Re: I remember that Day, original Busking tune DC Ron 03/24/24 11:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Donnie's updated posting is here
Replies 3 Views 62 Read More
Re: Aurora V1: Night Turns Into Gold MarioD 03/24/24 11:56 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Chay, outstanding work on the song and the video; you are a multi-talented individual! Super mix. Loved that sax and the B3. This is outstanding in many ways. Great work.
Replies 17 Views 234 Read More
Re: Song Master Pro Matt Finley 03/24/24 11:56 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Looks like a powerful update. You are correct, the developer listens. I suggested exporting the tempo map, and here it is. My browser flagged the download because not many have yet downloaded it. I did a double-take with I saw the update is only 112 MB. That's less than one RealTrack.
Replies 48 Views 4,201 Read More
Re: I Remember that Day, original busking tune MarioD 03/24/24 11:48 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Donny, the backing band sounds great. FWIW I found the lyrics hard to follow. IMHO they sound be louder as parts are lost in the mix. That is just my two cents and others may not agree.
Replies 7 Views 150 Read More
Re: So Brittle Blue Planet MarioD 03/24/24 11:44 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Derochette, the music and video were outstanding. Great choice of instruments and a super mix. One of your best for sure.
Replies 20 Views 275 Read More
Re: Invitation RnAM 03/24/24 11:41 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
An enjoyable eggscape from … from? … well, from the pan! I enjoyed the whole treatment of this musical eggscapade. PS: I used to eat a lot of eggs as I was master omletteer, but after almost dying 14 years ago I became allerchick to them! laugh
Thank you Waoband! Eggscapade and allerchick.... LOL! laugh
Replies 10 Views 174 Read More
Re: Ain't Never Been This Bad MarioD 03/24/24 11:36 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Alan this is an outstanding piece of music. I wouldn't call it Southern Blues, maybe Jazz blues or Smooth Jazz blues? Regardless of what you call it this is a work of art. Loved it.
Replies 20 Views 255 Read More
Re: I remember that Day, original Busking tune MarioD 03/24/24 11:31 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Donny, your linked page reads "This track was not found. Maybe it has been removed". Went to your homepage but there was no new track. Looking forward to hearing your new tune when it's available!
Same here!
Replies 3 Views 62 Read More
Re: You Can't Steal My Joy MarioD 03/24/24 11:30 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Ronnie, this is an outstanding song. Super swing groove - you nailed it. Great vocal. Outstanding message. One of if not your best to date.
Replies 2 Views 46 Read More
Import Frozen SGU Tracks Utility Audio Tracks Missing musocity 03/24/24 11:30 PM Forum: RealBand Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Importing a frozen SGU I get the BB audio tracks and RealCharts but only get the Utility RealCharts. [Linked Image]
Replies 5 Views 77 Read More
Re: The wind on your back MarioD 03/24/24 11:27 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Mike, this song is looking for a video! Maybe a detective story or a sci-fi epic. Great use of RTs Super mix and dynamics
Replies 9 Views 128 Read More
Re: Black & Blue NigelSpiers 03/24/24 11:20 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Ron, Thanks for your generous comments. Yes - whenever I do a Jazzy swing song I almost always use Oliver Gannon's Rhythm guitar - it goes so well with an acoustic bass and brushes. Best Regards Nigel
Replies 18 Views 296 Read More
Re: Ghost Of Love rsdean 03/24/24 11:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Brian, Thanks very much. Bob
Replies 38 Views 858 Read More
render (or "save special") to WAV not and option? joden 03/24/24 11:06 PM Forum: Band-in-a-Box for Macintosh Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Had my first need to render down a file to a WAV, so went into the save special menus, and, no WAV, only AIFF?? Is this true that the MacOS version does not support saving a file as a WAV?
Replies 1 Views 28 Read More
Re: Bad Dreams Bad Luck tommyad 03/24/24 10:37 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by PeterF
Tom, As Dave said "Great groove, love that swampy vibe" Pro sound, great vocal and great guitar work. Excellent! Peter
Thanks Peter. I appreciate your support and comments.
Replies 43 Views 911 Read More
drums stop playing for 3 bars then start again Jademann 03/24/24 10:33 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hello, I just entered a simple song sequence and for some reason the drums decided to stop playing just for these bars in the two red boxes. I have tried everything to make the drums continue playing, can anyone help me?
Replies 6 Views 101 Read More
Re: no metronome\count-in when recording from bar Charlie Fogle 03/24/24 10:24 PM Forum: Beginners Forum Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Glad you found RealBand. It's a very good program especially if you're not already deep into another DAW. If you are comfortable using Cubase, then make sure you've also installed the BIAB- Plug in program. It will help the workflow between BIAB and Cubase as a VST. Mario, no inconvenience at all. Missing things is the world I live in today....
Replies 14 Views 177 Read More
Re: LIST OF USB AUDIO INTERFACES THAT ARE "MULTICLIENT ASIO" justanoldmuso 03/24/24 10:10 PM Forum: Post your own Tips and Tricks here Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Re sterling audio audio h224 interface… There is an interesting video i found comparing on you tube the h224 and focusrite…. It seems the very inexpensive h224 might have several advantages. see the vid…
lots of other videos on you tube too including sound examples. NOTE…i dont know if it's multi client. but for someone getting into music production not wanting to spend oodles…it might be of interest. The sound examples I heard were impressive. as always/caveats …ymmv…blah blah..youll have to test one etc. Most gear shops have a 30 day policy. happiness. om
Replies 15 Views 2,309 Read More
Re: Green Is So Much Greener Without Blue Janice & Bud 03/24/24 09:15 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Your write up is worth the price of admission! “The first version had more than twice as many lyrics.
With every word removed, the song got better.” Yep, perfection is when there is nothing left to take away … rather than add. Like you we tend to write failed relationship songs for Janice to sing about “those bad men” (as Hans calls them😊) and like you we are very happily married but those songs are a good challenge. Natalie sounds excellent and those breath intakes sound so natural. The arrangement and the dynamics from the band and the singers are very good. We love this: “Life is so much better without you Green is so much greener without blue” Per always great audio and vid production. Enjoyed it! J&B
Replies 19 Views 373 Read More
Re: Song Master Pro shlind 03/24/24 09:00 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Great news. I just made a quick test for one song. It seems that Biab imports the overall chords and structure ok I had to set the BB song bar offset to 1 in the XML import menu (default was 2). I just made a very quick test with one single song it seems to get the "basic" chords in but missing the qualifier ie Bm comes in as B and G7 as G etc, but I have not analyzed it in detail. It looks like it is in the import function, if I open the XML with MuseScore4 the chord qualifiers are shown there.
Replies 48 Views 4,201 Read More
Re: Going Down The Road Feeling Bad (Featuring Janice on vocals) PeterF 03/24/24 08:58 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Brilliant rocky groove! The voice of Jan the WhOah-man first class as ever. And those guitar solos really make the arrangement.
Appreciate that thanks. Peter
Replies 39 Views 932 Read More
Page 18 of 31 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 30 31
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,396
Posts732,509
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195