Latest Threads | Latest Posts | Unanswered Posts Past 24 hrs | 48 hrs | 7 days | 30 days
Re: What is your experience with non standard tuning? DeanMassyers 04/13/24 05:37 PM Forum: Songwriting Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I assume some people have learned to play in Drop D because it is so popular and necessary to play certain songs.
Replies 15 Views 1,939 Read More
Re: At the Fair vicarn 04/13/24 05:36 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi DC. It's an amusing song and sounds old fairgroundy to me. Vic
Replies 27 Views 412 Read More
Re: Let's Get Drunk For Joy jannesan 04/13/24 05:33 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by David Snyder
This is great! Loved it! Such a gorgeous production. The part about drinking made me a remember something my Mom said to me when I was a kid about the "drinking thing." For some reason my Dad and her felt I was growing older and needed to have "the conversation." Or, one of them! smile Anyway she said: "Dave, you know that place where people are trying to get to when they drink alcohol?" "Not really, Mom. I have never had any." "Well, anyway, what your father and I want you to know is, that place where they want to go, you don't need any artificial ingredients to get there, Dave. Because, I don't know how to say this, but...your brain is making its own juice." !!!!!!!!!!!! Ha ha ha. Things haven't changed much. Good song!!!!
Thanks David for your positive feedback smile And thanks for the fun story, your mom was right, your brain is making the most creative juice on this forum, and I surely enjoy its juiciness laugh Janne
Replies 28 Views 463 Read More
Re: Trouble Or Fun jannesan 04/13/24 05:29 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Nice rocker, those rhythm guitars together with that RD create a pleasant rhythmic bed. Lyrically no trouble, just good fun. The organ and guitar soloist do great work together. Powerful vocal performance. Miracles happen, great visit beyond the normal agenda. Janne
Replies 34 Views 955 Read More
Re: I walk on the stars jannesan 04/13/24 05:12 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks for the walk on the stars, very atmospheric song, space has lots of wonders. Those synths sound very pleasant and your guitar work is enjoyable. Nice melody and soulful chords. The vocals sound nicely like another instrument, they could have some spacy effect as well to hover around the milky way (just like in the ending). Janne
Replies 19 Views 316 Read More
Re: At the Fair jannesan 04/13/24 05:01 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Unsettling, that's how the music sounds, it feels all the time that some instrument is missing, but that seems to be the secret juice. And together with the bumby melody and the weird lyrics the effect is complete. You have made it all work as a very original tune and delivered the visit perfectly. Only thing missing is a psychedelic video smile Janne
Re: Same Song 11 styles (AI Assisted) eddie1261 04/13/24 04:51 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by JohnJohnJohn
I gotta say, reluctantly, I'm kinda with Eddie on this! laugh
J3 IKR?? When I saw that I almost fell out of my chair!
Heck, we've even had long arguments here where folks who replace live band members with BIAB bass, drums and rhythm guitar parts in their "live" performances, then turn around and complain that open mic participants are somehow stealing their gig opportunities!
Even more jarring when the whole musical component, to include solos, are presented as a "band". And when the performer is playing something non-descript like bass... wow. Is there a bass solo in every song there, Jaco, so you can show off your chops? Who pays to see a nobody play BASS?
If you're using BIAB or similar tools to create your music you're not much different from the kid using AI to produce his music. You just drew the line in a different place.
Similar in concept to the early days of 7 foot basketball players. If they were on the opposing team they were "oversized freaks who are ruining the integrity of the game", but when they are on YOUR team they are "a remarkable athlete who takes great advantage of his size". J3, remember these are the same ilk that said TV was just a fad, decried the invention of the automobile, and refuse to use anything that wasn't the norm when they were young. They also still pay bills with checks that they send in the mail. (Man, it's 2024!!!) I am an old bas***d (I included the ***terisks) and I absolutely LOVE all of this great technology. I can sit in a Discord server and talk to people all over the world in real time. I was chatting with some scambaiting friends last night. We had England, Ireland, Denmark, Australia, New Zealand, Canada and the US represented. We can all do baiting calls together, which we do on Wednesday and Thursday. We play characters (with voice changers) and sometimes occupy a scammer for 3 hours straight, during which they can't be calling YOU. This week I played my gangster character, and at one point the guy in England was the bank customer service agent and a woman in Texas was my secretary. We collect bank account and remote connection information and pass it along to the right people to harm the scammer effort as much as we can. I am trying to imagine my father, who died 34 years ago at 73, understanding what was going on and what kind of voodoo allowed it to happen. Much like the people in the audience in 1993 when Todd Rundgren toured with behind his No World Order album and his "band" was 8 racks of MIDI controlled gear arranged in a circle around him playing lush, lavish arrangements while he pranced around the stage and sang. A woman sitting behind me complained the whole night because he wasn't playing "Hello It's Me". (I REALLY wanted to turn around and say "Lady, that was 20 years ago. People grow. Try it.") I thought it was great. She had no idea how anything worked and had NO intention of embracing anything "different". Sometimes you just have to turn up the squelch and eliminate the noise.
Replies 35 Views 919 Read More
Re: Same Song 11 styles (AI Assisted) JoanneCooper 04/13/24 04:48 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi chad That’s interesting. What was your workflow and what AI tools did you use? Look forward to learning more.
Re: At the Fair DC Ron 04/13/24 04:20 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
DC, Wow this is awesome! Almost as cool as the sound of the ice cream truck when it's driving through our Leave it to Beaver neighborhood every afternoon. How is it even remotely possible to be depressed or upset about anything when you hear the sound of an ice cream truck?? 🙂That's the way this song made me feel so if that's what you're looking for you won man!!
Ha! Thanks, David. There's something about the relentlessly happy ice cream truck tune that has the same effect on me as a clown chasing me with a balloon: "Hey, isn't THIS fun?!" That's the same mashup of excitement and dread that I was trying to capture here. Happy to have brightened your day!
Originally Posted by Birchwood
Hi Ron, What a funny, but also intriguing melody. And what a nice way of singing, in 'broken' lines I would describe it. You made good use of those midi instruments. I never really liked a Tuba, or Bassoon in a song, but after your performance I might...They worked out very good. Enjoyed it much! Hans
Hans, so glad you liked it! Because of all the word play I did break up the rhythms in some unusual ways to (hopefully) highlight the lyrical ambiguity. Yeah, that tuba sounds GREAT to me, but not because of anything I did. It just FITS. THANKS for the listen!
Originally Posted by Ezekiel's Storm
Ha! Bringing back the memories for sure. The midi works well. Clever instrumentation.
THANKS, Ezekial! Yeah, those were the days, for better or worse.
Re: Same Song 11 styles (AI Assisted) JohnJohnJohn 04/13/24 04:08 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I gotta say, reluctantly, I'm kinda with Eddie on this! laugh It has always struck me as hilariously ironic that folks who use software like BIAB to create much/most of their music, get all hot and bothered when some new technology like AI comes along and offers ways to do the same thing a bit faster with even less involvement! Heck, we've even had long arguments here where folks who replace live band members with BIAB bass, drums and rhythm guitar parts in their "live" performances, then turn around and complain that open mic participants are somehow stealing their gig opportunities! If you're using BIAB or similar tools to create your music you're not much different from the kid using AI to produce his music. You just drew the line in a different place. Now, as for my personal preference, I would never knowingly go see a performance where the band is using backing tracks OR AI in their "live" performance. And I'd prefer not to knowingly listen to AI music. But going forward I don't think I'll have much choice.
Re: Same Song 11 styles (AI Assisted) bloc-head 04/13/24 04:03 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by HearToLearn
MANY Mistakes After getting some input I thought about having a discussion around how we could use this. smile I know some feel that's been discussed to death, but I feel that discussion is just beginning. We may be in trouble. shocked thanks all! I've missed ya. A lot of life going on right now. -Chad
I have not followed much of the discussions, but find the subject fascinating... I'd love to know how this production was created... what "ai" software? ai assisted? Yes, trouble ahead...
Re: Same Song 11 styles (AI Assisted) bloc-head 04/13/24 03:51 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by shlind
I am sorry to say, but it all sounds crap to me. I need to hear music created by real musicians that sing with their own voices and play their own instruments and let their soul and spirit out in songs that are created.
I am sorry to say it all does not sound like crap to ME... I need to hear real honest music, by real players too, but this, to me is quite surprising, and maybe a little disturbing, because it's doesn't sound like crap... ... to me...
Re: Same Song 11 styles (AI Assisted) JohnJohnJohn 04/13/24 03:48 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by shlind
I am sorry to say, but it all sounds crap to me.
I seriously doubt whether, if presented with several "real music" samples interspersed with several AI samples like Chad presented, you could consistently pick which is which! And even assuming you could do it, it won't be long before you won't be able to.
Re: Same Song 11 styles (AI Assisted) Charlie Fogle 04/13/24 03:42 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
It's a dozen examples, an original and 11 variations. How to use the idea is how BIAB has done it since its inception. My BIAB version has 11,165 styles that the process you used can be applied using the StyleMaker to create 11,165 versions of the Chorus lyrics from this posting. One can use Spleeter (BIAB has the capability to include Spleeter or a similar product embedded in later versions of BIAB) to isolate the vocals from your post and apply them into 11,165 versions with very similar results to this process. More common is to use the process in BIAB to create complete, original, and unique copyrightable songs with arrangements that can be shared and published. The 11,165 Styles can each be user modified, modified or merged into per-song styles of creating new styles to add to the 11,165. The RealTrack page lists 4,700+ instruments plus some styles include midi patches and SuperMidi patches. The higher versions of BIAB have more than 5,000 hours of studio recorded audio. Open the SGU Chord Sheet and it defaults to two sub-Styles. The program allows for each Chord Sheet to have up to 24 sub-styles that have the feature to modify a Style on a per song basis. Drum patterns, instruments can be muted or replaced with other instruments. Regarding RealTracks, the BIAB 24 Track Mixer has the feature of each track having an eleven track sub-mixer that can place the original plus 10 other configurable RealTrack instruments on each track. 24 tracks times 11 instruments provide 254 instruments playing possibilities in user-programable configurations per song. BIAB isn't cheating or ironic by any stretch of the imagination because it requires human intelligence at every step to manipulate it into a song.
Re: Same Song 11 styles (AI Assisted) shlind 04/13/24 03:11 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
I am sorry to say, but it all sounds crap to me. I need to hear music created by real musicians that sing with their own voices and play their own instruments and let their soul and spirit out in songs that are created.
Re: Same Song 11 styles (AI Assisted) DrDan 04/13/24 02:48 PM Forum: Off-Topic Jump to new postsJump to new posts
“The rule should never be such that human creators stand to gain more from repeatedly clicking a button to generate massive amounts of AI-produced materials than from putting their hearts, souls, experiences, skills, talents, and emotions into expressive works of art.” https://www.musicbusinessworldwide.com/nmpa-generative-ai-is-the-greatest-risk-to-the-human-creative-class-that-has-ever-existed/
Re: Big Dreams and Cold Beer vicarn 04/13/24 02:09 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Thanks Ray. It did seem odd to me but I assumed it was a coloquialism for her area. I've heard worse. Vic
Replies 43 Views 1,333 Read More
Re: Lost BabuMusic 04/13/24 01:52 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Glad you're here, Deb. Cool sounds and clear tone. I like this quote from Izzy: Your song title is "Lost" but to me you are "Found" !
Replies 7 Views 151 Read More
Re: At the Fair BlueAttitude 04/13/24 01:46 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Ron, Very different and original! Enjoyed everything about this, well done to all three of you.
Re: At the Fair BabuMusic 04/13/24 01:45 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
WOW, BiaB has a bassoon tuba? This is so cool, Ron. Man, a great composion really. Excellent lyrics especially for those of us fortunate enough to attend lovasl fairs. 3/4 Circus Music. Isa there any other tempos clowns can dance? Brilliantly creative, Ron.
Re: There is a Rock BabuMusic 04/13/24 01:41 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Wow, Dan. Everyone worries that synth will take over, but you have converted them. AND you have a great trio to help you spread the word. Nice. Man, you are already so good at working them into a wonderful gospel group. Love the song, and your knowledge and use of harmony. Superb.
Replies 12 Views 204 Read More
Re: Change of Times, by Hans (me) and Anne-Marie BlueAttitude 04/13/24 01:39 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Hi Hans, Excellent song! Love the arrangement and the dynamics. Just love your vocal on this one, and the blend of your voice with Anne-Marie's is fabulous. Well done!
Replies 25 Views 604 Read More
Re: Everything You Do Is Wrong BabuMusic 04/13/24 01:36 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by Rustyspoon#
Marty + Dave. I was 99% sure I replied couple of days ago... green dot told me that I didn't. Mystery. Super tune! Funny lyrics so well performed! Only Marty can do it. Cool vocals / phrasing. All played parts by you and Dave are perfect. Mix is spotless. Really liked this one, thank you for sharing. Misha. P.S. Reading the title, I thought the tune is about me.
Haha. I'm 100% sure I've done that, AND it was always my best comment ever. I'm just glad you're here, Misha. Ha! About you? No way you were told stuff like that growing up. That's right, you're so wrong about that.
Originally Posted by Janice & Bud
You have a wonderful imagination, Marty, and we all reap the benefits. 😊 You and “on fire Dave“ sound great and the band is cooking too (love the vintage electric piano.) Excellent session guys all around and nice addition of the tambourine tracks to the drums. The vortex in the vid during Dave’s solo is cool! You packed a lot of goodness in to 3:37 Enjoyed it! J&B
Thanks so much, Janice & Bud. You guys pack so much into an excamation point, and I enjoy everything you do.
Originally Posted by DC Ron
Marty, Dave, wow! Super song and superlative performances by all. Just perfect.
Thanks, Ron. Dave makes everything right.
Originally Posted by Al-David
Hi Marty & Dave, You gentlemen never disappoint. Everything you do is pure gold - this one's 24-carat! Dave's guitar is on fire, your bass line is so perfect, and the lyric is a great read. Your vocal sits in there perfectly! This is great music! Everything is perfectly done and produced. Congrats to both of you on a terrific song! Take care, Alan
Thanks for being here, Alan. Your music and comments are treasured.
Replies 26 Views 523 Read More
Re: There is a Rock BlueAttitude 04/13/24 01:33 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Sounds perfect to me, Dan, I think you have those kids well under control! Excellent song too of course, I always enjoy listening to your music.
Re: There is a Rock firesong 04/13/24 01:28 PM Forum: User Showcase Jump to new postsJump to new posts
Originally Posted by MarioD
Dan, great use of those synth voices, they sound real! Nice harmonies also. A perfect backing band and mix. You are a multi-talented musician my friend!
Mario...you are always so kind...thank you my friend...Dan
Really nice Dan. This is a very pleasant production for sure. Seems like you are having fun with the kids!! smile
Thanks David...yeah, they're good kids and they don't eat much...so...I'll keep working with them...Dan
Originally Posted by floyd jane
Nice, Dan. Everything work just as it should. Very pleasant tracks. The kids sound good. Good mix. Good write. Simple. Solid. fj
Floyd....thanks ...they have probably saved my recording and writing life...Dan
Originally Posted by B.D.Thomas
Simple but effective arrangement that works very well. Good use of the kids, I especially love these harmonies. Even if you don't sing, the vocal arrangement says "Dan Simmons". You can't hide it smile
Brain...wow!...that is one of the best comments I've probably ever gotten...thank you...Dan
Page 22 of 27 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 26 27
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,581
Posts734,680
Members38,499
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200