Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Hello.

Firstly I'm french and it's hard to not use my native language.

If you want to help me, please, use some simples words.
And, I 'm sorry if I have some dificult to give explanation about my problem. I'm not stupid I'm just french (but one doesn't rule out the other).

My problem:

I want to up the volume of the count before the song. I understand that if I change the volume of the "drums" I can change the volume of the count but that is not what I want.

I want to have the good volume for the drum and another volume for the count. Because the cound is very, very too weak, little, tiny, low, small, not strong. Understand ?

My question:

What I have to do to change the volume of this count?

Actualy I use Cubase to change the volume after have doing an export in wave format.

I suppose there is another way to do this simply.

If you know how to do this please help me.

I precise I'm on BIAB 2011 on windows.

MacMini M1 16Go (Monterey) - Macbook Air M1 8go (Big Sur)
Band-in-a-Box UltraPAK 2021
R
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
R

Ctrl E > CountIn/Met > Volume

or

From Task bar along the Top of BIAB:

Opt > Pref > CountIn/Met > Volume

Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Thank you but that change nothing.

I put volume on 1 or on 127 and I have the same thing.

Do you know where are the sounds into the computer ?

May be I can directly change one of them.

I put here my configuration :

Allow lead in Bar = Ok
Play lead in if intro present = No
Audible lead in = Ok
Volume = 127 (That’s change nothing)
Instrument = Side Stick (37) (That’s change nothing)
Patrn = 1-3- 1234 (That’s change nothing)
Smart lead in = No
Lead in drum count if drum muted/disabled = No

I hope you still can help me

Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I want to up the volume of the count before the song. I understand that if I change the volume of the "drums" I can change the volume of the count but that is not what I want.

I want to have the good volume for the drum and another volume for the count. Because the cound is very, very too weak, little, tiny, low, small, not strong. Understand ?

My question:

What I have to do to change the volume of this count?

Actualy I use Cubase to change the volume after have doing an export in wave format.

I use Sonar and move the tracks to it. I don't worry about the volume in Band in a Box (BB) or Real Band (RB).... I simply export the tracks to my DAW and use envelopes on the volume to control the level during the count in. At the final mix point in this song, the count in will be removed anyway.

Last edited by Guitarhacker; 04/01/15 01:55 AM.

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
Yes I do that with cubase or audacity but I have more than 100 song to correct.

If I can only change the sound used to make the click then I'll win a lot of time.

Veteran
Veteran
Hi Empress Sissi

I was intrigued with your problem so I experimented with this, and got the same result as you. However, exploring further, if the Drums are real drums, always a side-stick and specific volume is used. If I change the drums to MIDI (1) then I can select the Count-In instrument and Volume (2). This is probably not ideal if you wish to use Real Drums though, but this appears to be the way the program operates. Maybe others might have more information.

(FR:)
Salut impératrice Sissi

Je ai été intrigué avec votre problème afin Je ai expérimenté avec cela, et je ai obtenu le même résultat que vous. Cependant, explorer davantage, si les tambours sont une vraie batterie, toujours un volume côté-bâton et spécifique est utilisé. Si je change les tambours à MIDI (1) alors je peux sélectionner l'instrument Count-In et le volume (2). Ce ne est probablement pas idéal si vous souhaitez utiliser Real Drum bien, mais cela semble être la façon dont le programme fonctionne. Peut-être que d'autres pourraient avoir plus d'informations.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2015-04-02_00-10-24.jpg (86.12 KB, 152 downloads)
2015-04-02_00-11-37.jpg (51.19 KB, 152 downloads)

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
D
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
I also had problem with the lead in volume, and eventually resolved the problem by using a lead-in type of 2 bars 'a' pattern, which is a drop down in the count-in / metronome option.

It works with RealDrums and may work with midi as well. Rather than the consistent 1-3,1234, it actually gives you a 2 bar feel for the rhythm as well as the tempo.

Some drums are louder than others so be careful which pattern you choose

BIAB for Windows Version 2019 (643)
Windows 10 (1909)
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, I tried that too Dave and while it worked, it didn't really play a count-in, it played regular bars of a drum fill.

I think this is a MIDI legacy thing and the functionality hasn't (yet) been moved into Real Drums. In other words, the count-in when using real Drums is somewhat 'hard coded'

Best
Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
D
Journeyman
Journeyman
D
True, but as long as you can count to 8, it's better than a count-in you can't hear

BIAB for Windows Version 2019 (643)
Windows 10 (1909)
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Dave
True, but as long as you can count to 8, it's better than a count-in you can't hear

Granted...

M
Apprentice
Apprentice
M
Here's a roundabout fix:

Switch off the count-in.
Generate a two-bar intro.
Delete the chords, but use C.d as the chord in bar one.
Right click on bar one, go to BAR SETTINGS, and change the volume of the drums to 127. Right click on bar 3, go to BAR SETTINGS, and set the drums back to normal.

You'll then have the drums playing normally, which is as easy to work with as the usual 1,3,1234.

This, of course, only works if you're not using an intro.

Last edited by Mike Laatz; 04/15/15 01:11 AM.

Mike Laatz
Cape Town
Veteran
Veteran
Great idea, Mike, and your input is definitely appreciated.

But it's a workaround, and it could be seriously improved if there was indeed a better way to handle count-ins.

There are a lot of problems with the current count-in algorithm, including if the first bar has a different time-signature than the song itself e.g. the song is 4/4 but the first bar is 3/4 or something other than 4/4, the count-in will be in 4/4 for a song that starts in 3/4. Whoaaaa!

B
B
Online help with this issue was clueless. I searched the site, and found this thread.
So here I am with BIAB 2021, and it's still a problem if one is using a RealDrums track. The count-in using a midi instrument is almost inaudible, even if the volume is set to 127. Solo the drum track and compare: the difference is obvious.
Force the entire drum track to midi, then the count-in will be as loud as needed, but then one loses the advantage of RealDrums.
My work around, similar to some others I've seen, is to edit the rendered file, and up the count-in volume.
There seems to be some low default setting for the midi drum track when RealDrums are used. That ought to be editable in preferences.

Last edited by BLjazzsax; 06/20/21 05:08 AM.
Veteran
Veteran
I haven’t tried this, but with Utility Tracks, I think you could generate a RealDrum track and copy it to a Utility Track. Then change to MIDI drums and mute the track on measure one. Now with two tracks, you can adjust the volume as needed.

I admit, this workaround, if it even works, is not the solution for the hundreds of songs you have.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:
I 'm sorry if I have some difficult to give explanation about my problem. I'm not stupid I'm just French (but one doesn't rule out the other).

Your sense of humor is well understood in any language grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
For those that have PC and Mac versions that have the audio channel (2014 up), there are benefits to editing the RealDrum count-in using the in BIAB with the Audio Editor on the Audio Channel. No export to an external DAW or audio editor is necessary and the task can be completed faster than exporting, editing the track and re-importing it back into BIAB. The sound level between the count-in and the BIAB generated Style tracks can be balanced in real time. The same editing tools needed to adjust the volume level is in the BIAB Audio Editor the same as found with every DAW or Audio editor program. The default settings for importing an audio file are set to sync the audio file with the BIAB song. It's easy to confirm synchronization of the audio track with the Drums track immediately by soloing the two tracks and start play of the song. This workaround works regardless if the song file has or will have audio on it.

Give it a try and see if it works for you. Especially those with similar totals of songs to edit numbering in the hundreds like Empress Sissi.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
The process is even easier for those that have BIAB versions with the Utility Tracks. With Utility Tracks no export of the Drums Track is necessary. Just select the Drums track, open the Audio Editor, Highlight and copy the count-in, select the Audio Channel (or any Utility Track) set the curser to the very beginning of the track and Paste the count-in audio.

The process on older systems without the Utility Tracks, select the Drums Track, Rt click, from the drop-down menu select Track Actions\Save Track as WAV file.
The wording may be different on MAC systems but the process should be similar.
Import that saved Drum Track WAV onto the Audio Channel, highlight and erase the drums from Bar 1 through the end of the song leaving just the full count-in. Highlight the count-in and edit the volume using the Amplify command from the Edit Menu... Alternately, highlight and select Normalize and start with -3 db should give satisfactory results.

When I tested this a few minutes ago, the entire process from start to end took 1:40.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 06/20/21 02:26 PM. Reason: added alternate volume setting method

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,551
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199