Veteran
S
I like this style very much.

_BACKUP.STY. Back Up Triple Guitar Rock

I noticed a change in track Guitar1
3329 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastLowDistArp Ev 150

1-8 is a melody.
9-24 is another melody.
The same track, the same real track, the same instrument, but the melody is different.
How can I do this.
I recorded a video, please remove the suffix mp3

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
biab.mp4.mp3 (5.89 MB, 7 downloads)

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
C
Expert
Online Content
Expert
C
Bars 1-8 are using A substyle, while bars 9-24 are using C (or D) sub-style. The patterns played by the different instruments are different on each substyle.

BIAB 2024, latest build.
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Cerio
Bars 1-8 are using A substyle, while bars 9-24 are using C (or D) sub-style. The patterns played by the different instruments are different on each substyle.

Cerio,Thank you for your reply

Such is the case. 9-24 use the C (or D) substyle.
_ FLIPSID. STY. Flipside Alt Rock Guitars

I took a look at the actual guitar1 has changed.

Subsections 1-8 use sub style a
guitar1 is
3929 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastLowDistArp Ev 150

9-24 use C (or D) substyle
guitar1 is
3930 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastBrightHiArp Ev 150

However, how does BIAB only change the orbit of guitar1?
Why did I change the style and the whole music changed?
How can I change the style, but only one track?

I watched almost all of BIAB's YouTube Videos
But I haven't seen the relevant introduction video.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
2021-12-18_191828.jpg (147.2 KB, 442 downloads)
2021-12-18_195452.jpg (246.45 KB, 441 downloads)
Last edited by swingbabymix; 12/18/21 02:06 AM.

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
<< I watched almost all of BIAB's YouTube Videos
But I haven't seen the relevant introduction video. >>

Watch the video about PartMarkers again.

Band in a Box Partmarkers overview

The only thing happening is BIAB is changing styles. It's no different than if you've input a Chord progression and open the StylePicker and keep changing the styles to play over the Chord Progression you have in the Chord Sheet. The outcome is BIAB is responding to programming that's been entered by assigning MultiStyles and automatically changing styles as programmed.

BIAB has many pre-made MultiStyles in the StylePicker. It's also easy to make your own custom MultiStyle and any Style in the StylePicker can be modified with the new Style saved for use as a MultiStyle.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
However, how does BIAB only change the orbit of guitar1?
Several ways this can be done.
01. change the substyle (A to B substyle)
02. Change the Style (Use a MultiStyle)
03. Change the RealTrack that uses the same instrument but plays a different orbit.

Why did I change the style and the whole music changed?
Because the Style changed into a different style altogether.

How can I change the style, but only one track?
Modify an existing style by changing the instrument on only one track and save the modified style as a new style.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: Charlie Fogle

Watch the video about PartMarkers again.

Band in a Box Partmarkers overview

The only thing happening is BIAB is changing styles. It's no different than if you've input a Chord progression and open the StylePicker and keep changing the styles to play over the Chord Progression you have in the Chord Sheet. The outcome is BIAB is responding to programming that's been entered by assigning MultiStyles and automatically changing styles as programmed.

BIAB has many pre-made MultiStyles in the StylePicker. It's also easy to make your own custom MultiStyle and any Style in the StylePicker can be modified with the new Style saved for use as a MultiStyle.

thank you!
I watched it again. This video shows how easy a multistyle is to use. There are various paragraphs that have been done.
But now I want to master my skills in making multistyle.
Because when I connect to another style, all the tracks will change.
I don't know if there is such a video. Do it yourself
The main reason is that a song can't look the same from beginning to end. There must be a little change. But it can't change too much.
That's why I like _backup.sty. Back up triple guitar rock.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Change the RealTrack that uses the same instrument but plays a different orbit.

Modify an existing style by changing the instrument on only one track and save the modified style as a new style.

This is what I want.
But I open this song again
_ BACKUP. STY. Back Up Triple Guitar Rock

Still found some problems.
When the music is played to "bar 9D", only guitar1 changes

3929 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastLowDistArp Ev 150
Become>>>>
3930 Guitar, Electric, Rhythm AltRockFastBrightHiArp Ev 150

There is no new style change. If it is stored as a new style, the name cannot be the same, but it is obviously not a new style. I thought it had stored a new style that was all the same except guitar1, but after checking, there was no new style.
What is this technique, how to implement it, and is there a video?
I really didn't find this video.
thanks

2021-12-18_222917.jpg (540.5 KB, 8 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
You know, there is a very detailed manual you can read that comes with BIAB. Maybe you will find your answers in there. I know, the forum is a great place for "serious" trouble shooting, but understanding how everything works in BIAB is well documented in the PDF manual.

Just an idea.

PS: I don't know what your native language is, but a many of your posts are hard to understand because of translation issues. Have you tried the international section of forums? I am sure there is one in your language.

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Originally Posted By: MikeK
You know, there is a very detailed manual you can read that comes with BIAB. Maybe you will find your answers in there.

ok
Is it convenient for me to tell what keywords I can search to find what I want?
I think the online manual is more convenient because it can be translated online.
I looked for it, but I couldn't find it
Mainly do not know what keywords to search

https://www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2022full/index.htm

Veteran
Veteran
For myself, I found it easy to go to the section of BIAB functionality I have questions about and read the ENTIRE section. That way, you find what you are looking for.

I just think that some new users rely on the more seasoned users to do the research (and learning) for them. The easy way out for new users, in my humble opinion.

But, that's just my opinion. I was new once too and did my homework without having forum users "teach" me how BIAB works.

Last edited by MikeK; 12/18/21 05:27 AM.

Cheers,
Mike

My Music * Asus ROG Strix G15CF 32 GB DDR4 4TB HDD + 1 TB SSD NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 8GB Win 11 AKAI EIE PRO Sound Interface. BIAB/RB 2024 UltraPak Build - Latest
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
but a many of your posts are hard to understand because of translation issues.

So I recorded the video.
In the video, you can see and hear that guitar1 has changed in the same style.
I want to know how this changed.
I can't do it.

Expert
Online Embarrased
Expert
Very simple :

Capture d’écran 2021-12-18 164518.png (26.86 KB, 380 downloads)
Expert
Online Embarrased
Expert
Et voila. Traduction automatique de toutes les pages :

Capture d’écran 2021-12-18 165038.png (178.45 KB, 372 downloads)
Capture d’écran 2021-12-18 165429.png (92.76 KB, 368 downloads)
Last edited by Marco76; 12/18/21 05:55 AM.

Biab Audiophile 2024 11.11, Win11
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
For myself, I found it easy to go to the section of BIAB functionality I have questions about and read the ENTIRE section. That way, you find what you are looking for.

I just think that some new users rely on the more seasoned users to do the research (and learning) for them. The easy way out for new users, in my humble opinion.

But, that's just my opinion. I was new once too and did my homework without having forum users "teach" me how BIAB works.

thank you.
In fact, I often read online manuals
But there is one inconvenient place where I can't search for keywords
The search manual in the upper right corner can't enter any characters after I click to open it.
I changed a lot of browsers, but I still can't.

I made another comparison video.
This will make it easier to see what I want to express.

999.mp4.mp3 (7.41 MB, 4 downloads)

C
Veteran
Veteran
C
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix

So I recorded the video.
I can't do it.

I looked at the photo you uploaded https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=20104&filename=2021-12-18_222917.jpg

Notice that PartMarker 9d is a different color than the normal blue and green partmarkers. In the instance of your picture of a Chord Chart, the difference of the PartMarker color at bar 9d is the indication of a Style change in the program. (this isn't always the case but it is the case in this instance) If you right click with your mouse on the PartMarker on 9d, the menu that opens will display the style changes.

The markings you made in your picture, the style changes at 9d that you've marked in red display where you can manually change a style in a song without completing all the steps to create a new style and save it as a MultiStyle. This allows you to obtain the benefit of a MultiStyle style change in the working song only. There's no permanent style created and the style change you've input pertains to this one song only.

In this current situation, the style change occurs because there's a style change due to using a MultiStyle rather than a user input manual style change.

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/18/21 05:59 AM.

C
Veteran
Veteran
C

thank you.
In fact, I often read online manuals
But there is one inconvenient place where I can't search for keywords
The search manual in the upper right corner can't enter any characters after I click to open it.
I changed a lot of browsers, but I still can't.

I made another comparison video.
This will make it easier to see what I want to express.

In this situation you must be sure to regenerate the song or make sure the track is not frozen (It's not frozen in your video) however, you did not regenerate the song. You double clicked your mouse to start playback.

Another thing I notice in the video is the second style (the one you possibly have attempted to create?) has the same name as the first style. This is incorrect. A style you modify or create from scratch must be saved with it's own unique and distinct name.

Charlie

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 12/18/21 06:08 AM.

Expert
Expert

Of course, the seasoned often welcome basic questions as a way to show off their seasonings. =8^)

I'm not saying that's bad! People like to be helpful, they like to show off their hard-earned expertise, and there's the whole "we were all new once / pay it forward" thing.

A problem, though, is when the question is unclear or ambiguous, you can wind up with a team of well-intentioned experts trying to guess what the OP meant, delivering possible solutions based on whatever it might have been, and things can get pretty chaotic and confusing, especially when spread out over many separate threads.

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes
A problem, though, is when the question is unclear or ambiguous, you can wind up with a team of well-intentioned experts trying to guess what the OP meant, delivering possible solutions based on whatever it might have been, and things can get pretty chaotic and confusing, especially when spread out over many separate threads.

Exactly. The cross-language communications have been too difficult, for me, to feel I am providing any real assistance. But I certainly have no objection to others playing along. It is an open forum. grin

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Mark Hayes

Exactly! Well put.

Cheers,
Mike

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S

So I recorded the video.
I can't do it.

I looked at the photo you uploaded https://www.pgmusic.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=download&Number=20104&filename=2021-12-18_222917.jpg

Notice that PartMarker 9d is a different color than the normal blue and green partmarkers. In the instance of your picture of a Chord Chart, the difference of the PartMarker color at bar 9d is the indication of a Style change in the program. (this isn't always the case but it is the case in this instance) If you right click with your mouse on the PartMarker on 9d, the menu that opens will display the style changes.

The markings you made in your picture, the style changes at 9d that you've marked in red display where you can manually change a style in a song without completing all the steps to create a new style and save it as a MultiStyle. This allows you to obtain the benefit of a MultiStyle style change in the working song only. There's no permanent style created and the style change you've input pertains to this one song only.

In this current situation, the style change occurs because there's a style change due to using a MultiStyle rather than a user input manual style change.

Charlie

I also noticed the different colors, but I don't know why.
I didn't find the introduction. I think it has something to do with the singing of someone here? I didn't study here because I didn't record in BIAB.

I want to shorten the video time. I generated it first, and then just started recording by double clicking.
My main question is why the official style (I haven't made any changes)
_ FLIPSID. STY. Flipside Alt Rock Guitars

Guitar1 can be changed in the bar 9D position

It doesn't use multistyle, and its name hasn't changed

Even if it uses multistyle, it's just a change in guitar1

I have written these questions clearly above.

Now there is a good news. I have found a way to modify realtracks in bar setting of bar 9D, and then a new window will come out. There are different musical instruments that can affect mixer's musical instruments, but it's strange that the name is not right.

But in the official style, it has not been modified here.

2021-12-19_005352.jpg (458.25 KB, 332 downloads)

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,501
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195