Go To
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
C
CliveR Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
C
Can anyone recommend a Latin Rock style or Real Track that would provide a backing for a Santana-like guitar music?

Veteran
Veteran
go to http://www.nortonmusic.com/styledemo.html and look for:

Carlos Santana 1 / #carlos1.sty

Carlos Santana 2 / #carlos2.sty

Latin Pop 1 / #ltnpop1.sty

Latin Pop 2 / #ltnpop2.sty

Latin Pop 3 X / #L_pop3x.sty

Latin Pop 3 Y / #L_pop3y.sty

and others.

Insights, incites, and a self-serving plug by Notes ♫

Bob "Notes" Norton smile Norton Music
https://www.nortonmusic.com

100% MIDI Super-Styles recorded by live, pro, studio musicians for a live groove
& Fake Disks for MIDI and/or RealTracks
C
CliveR Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
C
Ok. Looks like I'll have to slosh the dosh in the direction of Norton.

Veteran
Veteran
Clive,
This isn't self serving, but I will tell you that buying styles from Bob is a good thing.

Gary

I'm blessed watching God do what He does best. I've had a few rough years, and I'm still not back to where I want to be, but I'm on the way and things are looking far better now than what they were!
Productor Musical
Productor Musical
Hi Clive,

After reading your ask about this I made a latin rock like hybrid style with 4 RealTracks instruments including a MIDI brass. I am recording a song with the style and will post here as demo. Of course I will update you on details. Seeya!

Gabriel Arellano,
Nucleox Music
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Clive, Carlos
This' just funny. There has been a thread about not having enough Guitar Soloists (I agree now). But it made me curious to find out and explore of what we do have. Started comping some Guitar tracks and ended up with something that sounds like it could have come from Carlos Santana. I grew up with Black Magic Woman, Europe, Samba Pa-Ti etc..
This is what I came up with
http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewprivtrack.php?trackid=56539
Daniel
BTW: the style is: Awaken1 (Slow, mystic New Age) at 85 BPM. (only few modifications) ;-)

BIAB 2012 (ASIO) on Vista 32, Dual-Core 2.0Ghz with 4GB Memory. Main DAW is Samplitude (11 & ProX) and I like Spaghetti. BTW: Today is a good Day to have a Good Day.
Productor Musical
Productor Musical
Hi Daniel,

Cool! it sound great, Nice guitar playing and tone. Congratulations. I am a 'Devadip son" too . Yeah, your mod style work good with Santana latin rock stuff. Btw, I gave a try to Awaken1 style but it seem a lot into new age paddy atmospheric mood...what are those 'few modifications' you did ? .

Gabriel Arellano,
Nucleox Music
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
Hi Carlos
Thank you. I can't say in detail whatever chords I changed (I'm at work right now -as you can see) ;-) and remember changing only a few chords. Basically I like to work with unfolded tracks. Then I change bar settings, A/B styles, set drum fills, mute/unmute etc. until I like it. When I listen to a style I only listen to the chord progression. I don't listen if it's paddy or orchestral or funky. I'm looking for nice chord progressions an then I start filling the chords with realtracks I like. Any combination will do, sometimes quite unusual stuff will result. Very good fun.
I'm still not 100% happy with the mix (never am, actually). Tried various combinations of reverb and delay on the solo guitars but could not find THE perfect setting. Also some slight compression on the guitars and moderate EQ (some more on drums) to get a modern feeling. Normally I "create" in BiaB and then move the tracks to RB, where I add more tracks/instruments. Then I move over to Samplitude. I mix in Samplitude simply because I know it's workflow. All VSTi's I employ in Samplitude only, MIDI editing I also do there. But if I wouldn't have had Samp bevore RealBand I'd certainly work in RealBand. Now I think I need again to adjust/lower the bass.
Being still a noobie in the vast field of arranging and mixing I still have to learn a lot. But it's tremendous fun "creating" music, transforming superbly played single instruments into something that is a new whole in itself, more than the sum of it's parts. Of course I'd like to be able to play an instrument as you do. I know your excellent guitarplaying and musical expression from earlier threads. Thanks again for your heads-up.
Daniel

edit: for you Carlos, since you are such a gifted guitar player: I tried my hand at some Chillout music. Maybe you like the guitar in this one (sorry - no BiaB, all Samp and samples)
http://www.songramp.com/mod/mps/viewprivtrack.php?trackid=55823

Last edited by deltagolf; 06/04/10 12:06 AM.
Productor Musical
Productor Musical
Thanks Daniel. Yes, you right ! your approach is similar to mine, because sometimes I start with a MIDI style which have some instrument(s) I like, then I use RealTracks for substitute the rest of MIDI instruments and get my custom hybrid thing. For creation and composing, BIAB is the startpoint, then Real Band, mainly for enhanced RT and RD combination, after it I export tracks to Cubase for further edition. However RB and BIAB still open in background the most of times, because I use to create and DROP additional instruments tracks to DAW as part of my process flow. Right now I will to post a song I record as demo of a latin rock style I 'built' as response to Clive, and now for you too . And yes, music making with BIAB bring tons of fun! .

Chillax sound great! nice spanish nylon tone and playing. Fresh and sweet song. Like instruments treatment, thanks for sharing.

Gabriel Arellano,
Nucleox Music
Productor Musical
Productor Musical
Hi Clive,

I customized a latin rock style, it use mainly with RealTracks plus a MIDI instrument (brass) I think it can work for some Santana like songs. For details please go to my new post Latin rock style for BIAB - demo song - Latin Cowboy . I included a demo song and a short backing track demo.

Gabriel Arellano,
Nucleox Music
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,402
Posts732,575
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200