L
Leeman Offline OP
OP Offline
L

Started/suffered with BIAB on floppies and WIN 3.1 back in the
late 1990's.Since I'm retired recently, I finally might have time
to upgrade from version 2008.5. But this new activation cxxp
and all the workarounds mentioned in the forums makes me nervous
like Don Knotts (but that's for another post)!

What I noticed is that the new GUI has a thru button, but no
MSB bank select in sight anywhere. In the new GUI video the
thru button is mentioned but not explained (does another line
show up in the new mixer under soloist?). I use the thru channel
and MSB a lot with my Ketron SD2. On forum I see mention of a
hot-key to get to the old mixer, but I'm still curious about the
thru button and wondering if MSB is available @new mixer.

As you can see below I'm still using WIN XP. When I change
would you suggest WIN7 rather than WIN8 (got used to WIN7
on a friends laptop recently). Seems like you have to hunt
things down more in WIN7 vs WIN XP, and another friend thinks
that WIN8 is even worse!

Leeman

Dell Inspiron 1501 AMD64-AthlonX2 2GB(maxed)WIN XP
Edirol: UA-4FX interface, M10-DX mixer
Ketron:SD2
Lexicon:MRC
Roland:A50 midiboard,DR660 drum machine,MKS-20,MKS-30,MKS-70,
D550 modules, M-120 mixer
Yamaha:TX802 module
TC Helicon:HarmonyM
Oberheim:Drummer

Leeman #227161 12/09/13 07:34 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Still available just in a different place from being a + sign next to the old GM MIDI dropdown that very few were using anymore anyway.

I access my Ketron SD2 Patchmap choices by Rightclicking on any of the Tracknames where I want to invoke the SD2, from the RightClick menu popup I choose "Select MIDI Patch" and that points to a second popout short menu, pick "Select Higher Bank Patch (from .pat file) and from there on it looks just as before.

The same two popups are available from the new GUI's Mixer area as well, just RightClick on the Track's Window Slot for it.

As for XP, that's what I've been running BB2014 on, works fine, actually seems more stable here than BB2013 was.

Now, on top of all that reassurance, don't forget about the PG Music "30-day No Questions Asked Return Policy" as well.

Surely 30 days is time enough to tell if you want to keep it.

And the activation deal is no big thing at all. Do it once and its over. I've heard no complaints about that not working. And we're allowed up to three machines, too.

But I'm tellin' ya, this one is a keeper.

Got accustomed to using the new GUI in minutes here.

--Mac

Leeman #227169 12/09/13 08:08 PM
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Love the new look so far. Me thinks it is evolving!

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Leeman #227178 12/09/13 08:34 PM
Veteran
Veteran
Nothing wrong with Win 8.1 Just takes very little time to get used to it and configure your start menu and desktop. BIAB runs just fine on Win 8.1 Later, Ray

Asus Q500A i7 Win 10 64 bit 8GB ram 750 HD 15.5" touch screen, BIAB 2017, Casio PX 5s, Xw P1, Center Point Stereo SS V3 and EWI 4000s.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,550
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199