Band-in-a-Box for Windows
F
FRANCK Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
F
Hi

I'm currently using a UR22MK2 that doesn't work flawessly with BIAB (pops, crackles..)
Any suggestion about another usb 2 channels interface ? Just need to play the songs, nothing else,
since the rest of the job is done on another computer.
Thanks !!

Veteran
Veteran
Silly question but what steps have you taken to troubleshoot the pops and cracks issue with the Steinburg UR22MK2? The reason I ask is pops and cracks noise is an issue that is not unique to your interface so you may encounter the issue with any audio interface.

Does your interface have the latest, V1.04, firmware? Have you installed the latest (V1.10.5 for Mac or V1.10.4 for Windows) driver? Links to firmware and drivers are +++ HERE +++

Have you tried different (lower and higher)latency settings in the driver settings? When using it with Band-in-a-Box do you have it set for 16 bit sample depth and 44.1K sample rate?

What are your Band-in-a-Box audio settings? Do you have pops and cracks when you use the audio interface with another audio program beside Band-in-a-Box?

One aspect of choosing an audio interface is how do you want to use your audio interface? The UR22MK2 is a two channel unit while Band-in-a-Box records one audio channel so, outside of Band-in-a-Box, do you typically use only one channel or both channels at the same time? Do you want MIDI input and output ports? Do you have condenser microphones that require phantom power? Do you have ribbon microphones that require a high gain pre-amplifier? Do you need line-ins for proper impedance match with audio equipment? Do you need a high impedance (Hi-Q) input(s) for electric guitars and basses with passive electronics? Do you want the unit to be powered by the USB port or external power supply? How much money do you want to spend?

I hope this has given you some ideas to try and thoughts to consider.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
F
FRANCK Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
F
I tried everything but couldn't resolve the problems. Actually I used to use this UR22 interface on another computer on which I now use a UR RT4 and I had the same issue, only with BIAB. I had no problem with Reaper or internet streaming. So I decided to use the UR22 with my other computer, and trouble is back.
That's what led me to blame the UR22, but I could be wrong.

Sample rate is 44.1 but sample depth 24 bits and there's nothing I can do to change it.
As mentionned earlier , I just need an interface to play songs, no recording or mixing at all, since this is done on another computer.

Both computers are Windows10 64 bits, and yes I have the latest drivers installed.

Veteran
Veteran
Hi Again FRANCK,

Play songs on what instrument? In this instance since Band-in-a-Box uses 16 bit/44.1k sample rate I would choose an interface that is simple and inexpensive.

The +++ Lexicon Multi-Channel Desktop Studio +++ has been around forever and is less than $50 US. Dual channels, USB powered, 16 and 24 bit operation, 44.1k and 48k sample rates, 1 high impedance instrument input, 1 XLR mic input and 2 line inputs. Lexicon Pantheon VST reverb plug-in and Cubase LE4 is included. The downside is the driver is not signed so you have to jump through hoops to get the driver to load in Windows 10. +++ Lexicon Product Link +++

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Are you using ASIO drivers? If so have you tried MME? My audio interface is set for 24 bit also and I use MME drivers with no problem. YMMV.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I am a big presonus fan I love my interface 5 years and going strong

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
Expert
Expert
latest drivers? drivers

steinberg is usually pretty supportive if there's a hardware flaw ...

F
FRANCK Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
F
Hi All

Sorry I was away for the last two days. I've looked at the Lexicon Alpha as suggested by Jim. It sounds like it could fit my needs.
I have a couple of old desktop speakers I can use at 44.1 and 16bits, and it works fine. Now if I use the UR22 and monitors
(ideal solution for me) and ASIO, I get those noises. There's no way I can switch my UR22 from24 to 16 bits, so this might be the Reason why I get those pops.

@Mario. Yes i tried it but it didn't really help.

Since I just need to listen to the BIAB tunes while making them up, I don't need something fancy, just want to plug a pair of monitors in it…
I use a UR RT4 and another computer for tracking, mixing and mastering.

PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Switch to the "MME" audio driver type in Band-in-a-Box (Audio menu | Audio Drivers/Settings) and that will likely work better for you. Or... if you have a recent version of Band-in-a-Box (Which version do you have?) use WAS audio drivers.

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,558
Members38,443
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200