Go To
#674365 09/22/21 03:43 PM
Band-in-a-Box for Windows
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
My computer is the latest 8-core computer with 16g memory and Samsung 2T solid state drive
The sound card is focusrite 2i4 II
44.1,16BIT
BUFFER SIZE:1024(use other VSTS, set buffer to 64, and there is no popping. This is to better show BIAB VST, so 1024 is set)

There is no problem with various settings, and there is no problem with using all other VST
The popping problem occurs only when using Bian VST

I demonstrated a paragraph. Listen to the POPPING and noise

DOWNLOAD VIDEO >>>

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
VSTpopping.mp4 (6.94 MB, 13 downloads)
Last edited by swingbabymix; 09/22/21 03:48 PM.

WIN10 20H2, AMD R4800H ,16G , 2T ,FOCUSRITE 2i4 MKII,Studio One,FL STUDIO
J
Veteran
Veteran
J
SBmix.
please think carefully about the following re possible causes of "popping".
without dismissing my points.

1. it used to be that big recording studios would run two hard drives.
what was happening often was with one drive pc's windows might interrupt the audio multitrack process to do something. so, to solve this... studios used one drive for windows and one drive for multitrack recording and playback. this cut down popping in some situations. whether this is your situation i dont know. big studios useing sample libs would use added multiple drives.
ssd's it seems have mitigated this problem often. frankly i dont use huge hard drives due to windows
file pointer mgt. (but thats for another day.)

2. one cant say "well all my other plug ins work great" BECAUSE biab vst is NOT like other dsp plug ins.
i dont know the internals of biab, but haveing done more than a little programming in my life, i suspect there is a lot of computer codeing uniqueness in biab different from your normal fx vst or instrument plug in or sample playback plug in. IT IS A UNIQUE AUTO ACCOMPANIEMENT PROGRAM.

3. big studios used to keep their pc's off the net, because this might be another source of problems.
eg a background process interrupting to do its thing. this is why my recording rig stays off the net.
in summary there are lots of possible reasons one might get popping.
not only the above, but a setting somewhere in your set up. otoh it might be a biab problem interracting with S1.

just let me note, in any year , if you go thru the back threads youll see some new users haveing set up problems when they come to biab.... often due to a setting on their rigs.
sometimes the issue is how their recording rig is set up, and sometimes not. often popping can occur cos another process interrupts the audio process. or a mismatch in settings tween win and the sound interface and/or biab and/or whatever other daw multitrack software they use.

have a great day.
om
ps if not done already on the audient and focusrite sites is good info on optimising a pc for recording studio work. btw what is your processor ?

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 09/23/21 02:20 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
My computer is the latest 8-core computer with 16g memory and Samsung 2T solid state drive
44.1,16BIT
BUFFER SIZE:1024(use other VSTS, set buffer to 64, and there is no popping. This is to better show BIAB VST, so 1024 is set)

There is no problem with various settings, and there is no problem with using all other VST
The popping problem occurs only when using Bian VST

I demonstrated a paragraph. Listen to the POPPING and noise

DOWNLOAD VIDEO >>>

First this is NOT the "audio artifact" that Pipeline has been demoing in his uploads. Second upload the BIAB Style you have selected or give us the exact file name.

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

Veteran
Veteran
Does 'popping' only occur on the percussion track?
Does 'popping' only occur when played in your DAW?
If you mute percussion track, does 'popping' still occur?

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
justanoldmuso

My processor is AMD 4800H, and there is no popping problem with any other VST plug-ins. very good.

I asked a lot of people on Facebook and YouTube, and they all said that the new version of BIAB VST does have pops. This is a bug. There is no popping sound in the old version.
The current solution is to set the cache to a very large size, such as 1024, which can be alleviated, but there are still pops.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
MusicStudent Offline

When playing any style in BIAB VST, there will be popping sound. The solution is to set it to 1024, which will reduce the popping sound. But there are. After inquiry, BIAB 1.X version has no popping

Last edited by swingbabymix; 09/23/21 03:49 AM.

Veteran
Veteran
I'll make sure your experience and feedback comments are noted by the developers.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
VideoTrack

Guitar, piano, vocal, as long as BIAB VST plays, there will be noise.
The location and frequency of noise are not fixed.
If the buffer is set to 1024, it can be relieved a little.
After testing, version 1. X does not have any popping
You just turn on the VST and you'll hear a noise
Didn't you try? Pipeline also has noise.

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
VideoTrack:

Band-in-a-Box DAW Plugin Standalone popping

download video

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
bbvst Standalone.mp4 (2.66 MB, 5 downloads)

Veteran
Veteran
Really....

"..lot of people on Facebook and YouTube, and they all said that the new version of BIAB VST does have pops. This is a bug."

This issue has not yet been confirmed in the beta forum. It is being looked into. But in the meantime, don't believe every thing you read on the internet. Even here in the forum. crazy

Dan, BIAB2024, SoundCloud Win11, i7(12thGen), 32GB, 1TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD), 2TB Libraries, 1 TB(WD-Black), 2TB SSD(M.2 NVMe SSD)Data, Motu Audio Express, Keystation 61, SL88 Studio, Reaper

S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
MusicStudent:

This does not prevent me from using BIAB VST
The way I found is to increase the buffer and try not to pop
However, it does affect my creative mood
I opened other VSTS today and never worried about a burst. ha-ha grin
By the way, there is a very important thing now, that is, I want to do some usertracks for myself
I see the method, I can add bass and piano
But how do I add my drum?
I want to make some EDM dance music with refx nexus
Using BIAB VST to input chords, you can use the frame.
But my experiment found that I couldn't add drums? Only musical instruments can be added

Veteran
Veteran
Swingbabymix,

Creating User drum tracks follow a different set of rules than creating UserTracks. PG Music calls User drum tracks "RealDrums Styles". +++ HERE +++ is a tutorial to create RealDrums Styles.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Jim Fogle

thanks

Is this Mac? Why AIFF
Is there a connection to windows? I don't find it.

Veteran
Veteran
Swingbabymix,

The RealDrums Styles tutorial used Band-in-a-Box for Windows. The text introduction at the top of the page describes the differences when you are using Band-in-a-Box for Mac.

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1111) RB (5) Ultra+ PAK
DAWs: Cakewalk by BandLab (CbB) - Standalone: Zoom MRS-8
Laptop: i3 Win 10, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Desktop: i7 Win 11, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: swingbabymix
44.1,16BIT
DOWNLOAD VIDEO >>>

I have not followed all of this thread, but this caught my eye. The buffer sizes you cite seem extreme. I used to have several Focusrite interfaces and a fast PC and could not get below 128 without popping and distortion.

Likewise, going above 512 resulted in the sound breaking up. I was able to leave it at 256 and it always worked.

What I would like to know is what happens when you try the middle settings of 256 and 512. You may already have covered this; as I said, I did not read the whole thread.

BIAB 2024 Win Audiophile. Software: Studio One 6.5 Pro, Swam horns, Acoustica-7, Notion 6; Win 11 Home. Hardware: Intel i9, 32 Gb; Roland Integra-7, Presonus Studio 192, Presonus Faderport 8, Royer 121, Adam Sub8 & Neumann 120 monitors
S
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
S
Jim Fogle:

thank you.

I saw it. I can't control it.

It's too complicated.

I'd better make it directly in Daw.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,611
Posts735,067
Members38,515
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
TonyInManchester, jslynbrrs01, amdwilsns01, Juan Jose, BroDon
38,515 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185