Finding more problems with BIAB that is driving me up a wall. I am currently learning the fine art of the walking bass as done in jazz and blues songs. So, that being said, here is what I am doing.

1. Load the style _BARREN.STY Barren Road Blues Shuffle along with the demo song. It uses RT #1546 Bass,Electic,CountrySwing Sw 085 which is marked as Gt in the Chart column.

2. Generate the song in the native key of E

3. Go to Notation and click on the Bass track

4. I see that the music notation is about 10% incorrect for what is playing in the following measures.

(Chorus 1) 9-10-19
(Chorus 2) 2-9-10-19
(Chorus 3) 2-19

So then I regenerated the song and found these measures alson had some errors. What was playing was not what the notation showed.

(Chorus 1) 9-10-14-15-17-18-19
(Chorus 2) 2-12-15-16-17-19
(Chorus 3) 2-3-12-15-16-19

5. Tried another key and found similar but not the same errors.

6. Loaded the utility style BLANKSW.STY and tired the same thing and found about 80% accuracy but 20% were found to be in error because various measures missed the notes that are actually playing.

6. In other words, nothing seems to be consistent except for fact that what is playing on the Bass track is not the same that is showing up in the music notation in the Notation view.

Why oh why is this happening. I can see this is not entirely useless as a learning tool BUT when learning to read music, 100% accuracy is called for.

Oh yes, using all the latest updates and patches in 2018 BIAB. Standard setup bla bla bla.

Looking for a plausible answer to the problem.

Last edited by jcland; 02/18/18 12:53 PM.

BIAB2024
Windows 10 Pro
WA6NCB