can't say i've noticed a problem - i'm just curious. If i generate a piano then change key and regenerate, just like a live pianist i'd expect the piano to move up a key and play different notes - same part just higher. so C to G would simply mean different keys on the keyboard.

but a guitar is different. if i move from C to G, the different chord shapes have different open strings and some runs are more natural in one key rather than another. I play different patterns in C to G or D.

does a BIAB realtrack take that into account or does it just 'capo up' - same note but higher? and if I want to transpose down a key (is that option still available?) would it play a bass note that is not possible on a 6 string guitar?

the reason i ask is that working in RB i now have a song i want to change the key for - its all audio tracks. should i just change key and let the program pitch transpose everything or should i regenerate the guitar in the new key and get a guitar part that a guitarist would have played in different cowboy chords?

this is not a complaint, or a wish list item - i'm just curious and of course i could change key and regenerate (or not!)and listen.

i'm a guitarist so any comments from other guitarists or even 'proper musicians'?