I just placed an order, but I am unable to download the software. What should I do?

If you purchased a downloadable software program from PG Music Inc., you will be directed to a download page as soon as you complete your order.

How do I get to my download page if I missed that link?

You can get back to your download page at any time by logging into your account at www.pgmusic.com and clicking My Products.

If you have forgotten your login password, you can click the "Forgot your password" button on the login page to have it reset. If you are still unable to log into your account for any reason, please Contact Us directly.

My download isn't working. What can I try?

When you click on one of your download links, you may be asked whether you want to 'Run' or 'Save the file to disk'. You should choose the option to 'Save' the file to disk.

If your order contains multiple files, it is best to download one file at a time to avoid corruption. If your order contains a number of large RealTracks files you will need a very reliable high speed internet connection to be able to download these files (one at a time). 

My download starts but doesn't complete or is really slow. 

Some files are very large, for example the RealTracks files, so these can take some time to download. Download speeds vary greatly depending on the type of internet connection, traffic, and many other factors. A 1 GB file can be downloaded in 30-45 min with a fairly fast broadband connection. Downloading more than one file at a time takes longer for each file, increasing the chance of losing the connection to the server at some point (for whatever reason). This results in an incomplete (corrupt) file and the need to download the file again.

I'm getting a "corrupt file" message. What do I do?

If you get a corrupt file message after downloading this usually means that your internet connection was interrupted partway through the download and the file you have is incomplete.

You will need to delete this file, clear your browser history and any cashed internet files*, and then try downloading again.

Cached files can be a source of confusion. If a download fails and you try to download the same file again, your browser will often use a cached file rather than downloading the file a second time. When this happens, it can appear that you downloaded the same corrupt file twice. You should be able to solve this by deleting your browser cache (temporary internet files). There is an options window in most browsers that allows you to do this.

My download link says "unavailable".

If a file is showing as "unavailable" in your download page, that means the link has expired. Contact us if you have not yet been able to download that file.

I can't open a .DMG file on my Mac.

To open a .DMG file that has downloaded successfully you just right click (CTRL+click) and select Open With | Disc Image Mounter. The file will then be mounted to your Doc or Desktop as a .PKG file which you can open to see your installers. 

More troubleshooting information: 

• Some anti-virus programs and firewalls can cause various problems downloading some files. It is not normally obvious what is causing the problem. Some symptoms might include downloads stopping halfway, receiving a file that is "0 bytes", file extensions being changed, or the file being 'quarantined'. You may need to disable the software or adjust a setting before you start the download. If you are connected to a local area network, you may have to contact your network administrator about this.
  • Your internet browser security settings may be set too high. In Internet Explorer, these settings are found in Tools | Internet Options. Other browsers have similar settings.
  • Try using a different internet browser.
  • Download managers may help, especially if your order contains many download links. A utility that will automatically download all the files on a page one at a time is helpful. For example, if you use the Firefox web browser, there are free plugins like 'Downthemall', which will allow you to download all links on one page. Remember to set max concurrent downloads = 1 in the Preferences. Note that a particular download manager may also be the CAUSE of the problem, and you may want to try disabling it or otherwise downloading the file without it.
  • If clicking on the [download] button doesn't seem to work, try right-clicking on the link and selecting 'Save Target As'.
  • Your internet service provider may have a bandwidth limit which you may have exceeded. Try downloading a smaller file to see if this might be the problem, or contact your ISP to find out more.
  • If when you click on a link, you get a "page cannot be displayed", or some another html error page (but other web pages work fine for you), the problem may be at our end. Please contact us so we can look into it.
  • The download may be slow due to internet congestion, time of day, or a router being busy. If all else fails, you may want to wait for a while and try the download later.

There are a wide variety of factors that can affect downloads, including your computer software and hardware, the connection to your internet service provider, internet traffic, and distance from the server. Due to factors beyond our control, we can't guarantee the downloads to work for everyone. As long as you have selected a physical shipping method (and not Download Only) you will be receiving your order in the mail. If you have chosen Download Only (electronic delivery) and are unable to download your software, please contact us to have it shipped.

If you are having a problem not covered here, or you don't think the download is working properly because of a problem at our end, feel free to contact us and we'll look into it.

Last edited by Catherine; 08/13/20 09:52 AM.

Alyssa - PG Music