I have several (free) VSTs that are kind of hit and miss. The one I care about most is the Rhodes so I will speak about that one.

When I load that VST, it plays just fine. That's not the issue. The issue is that the volume controller 7 is not responsive. I can move that slider on my controller all day long and the volume never changes. I can move the track volume and it doesn't change (though I understand that one because this is data I am recording rather than audio). What I DON'T know is if the issue is with DAW, the midi keyboard controller, or the VST itself. I looked everywhere to see if Real Band has a place to turn on controller #7 but did not find one. The trim on the effects/VST control panel just started working today, but strangely yesterday it did not.

Of the three options, which would most likely be the culprit? Something makes me want to say it's the VST itself. Maybe I need to stop being cheap and spring for Lounge Lizard.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."