RE RULES OF ENGAGEMENT OF BIAB AS A PLUG IN USED IN A HOST DAW.

due to a thread on here i was recently involved in where i was trying to help a user new to biab and other threads in the past ive seen on use of the biab plug in a host daw
(eg cake/tools/reaper/cubase/mixcraft/studio 1 and other daws etc etc.) ..

i would like to know /have clarified the rules of engagement of loading up the biab plug in, in a host daw.
because as an ex-tech i'm kinda confused myself on this subject so i'm sure some new users will be also.

i feel some CLARITY is needed on this subject as follows...
1. in the host daw are there any bit depth and or sampling rates that might mean a crash/problem could occur useing bb plug in ?
and in the host daw are there any other factors that could cause a crash situatio eg some daws like reaper allow recording to flac and other formats.
in addition should a daw always be set to asio drivers ? reason i ask is i notice one pg vid shows daw set to waveout.
IN SUMMARY WHAT SETTINGS IN A HOST DAW COULD PRECIPITATE
THE BB PLUG IN NOT WORKING OR A CRASH SITUATION ?
WHAT SHOULD THE HOST DAW BE SET TO ?
DOES IT MATTER ?
2 the users external (eg usb) sound device.
modern sound devices are useing asio and are controlled by a IN SOFTWARE ON SCREEN USER CONTROL PANEL OFTEN.
with various settings like bit depth/sampling rate/buffer and other settings possibly.
once again i ask....
WHAT SETTINGS IN A MODERN SOUND DEVICE USER CONTROL PANEL COULD PRECIPITATE THE BB PLUG IN NOT WORKING OR A CRASH SITUATION ?
WHAT SHOULD THE CONTROL PANEL BE SET TO ?
DOES IT MATTER ?
3. in pg's software products themselves (eg biab or realband )i ask.....
WHAT SETTINGS IN PREFERENCES COULD PRECIPITATE BIAB
NOT WORKING OR A CRASH SITUATION ?
4. and in windows itself in its sound device settings ....
ARE THERE ANY SETTINGS THAT COULD PRECIPITATE BIAB NOT WORKING OR A CRASH SITUATION ?.
5. finally are there any other situations/settings that i havent mentioned where the end user of a pg product might come across a problem or a crash situation ?

the reason i'm asking for clarity regarding the above is every year there are many new user posts through the year relating to settings issues often. and user problems.
i DO realise this is not unique to pg ; and one can see same issues being raised on various recording and gear manufacturer forums. i also realise its a complex subject. thus how about pg make some vids to show the best settings approaches ?
in closing as an example of one issue ...as biab likes 44.1/16...
IS IT SAFEST TO SET EVERYTHING AT 44.1/16 ?
ie the asio external (eg usb) sound device and the host daw and windows ?
i really believe CLARITY is needed regarding this subject.

best and thanks in advance.
oldmuso

Last edited by justanoldmuso; 06/13/21 01:31 AM.

New Song "PRETTY GIRL" for my wife...Dec 2023
(my vocs....mixed for good earbuds.)
https://soundcloud.com/alfsongs/prettygirlrbfinalcalfsongsdec2023mp3
(and rock song THE STALLION and bluegrass song... BANKER MAN....90 songs useing bb/rb.)