Sometimes Solos in BIAB end abruptly and cutoff too soon. Here's a tip to convince your soloist to a smooth ending.

'TRICK' your soloist into a smooth ending this way.....

Select your soloist track and bar for the solo to start normally.

Allow your soloist to play the bars you want to hear the solo.If the solo ends abruptly or is cut off, do the following.

At the next bar beyond the end of the solo, and on the same track as the soloist instrument is playing, open Bar Settings (F5) and near the top of the Bar Settings window, select ReatTracks Button. From the RealStyle you are using, select a rhythm instrument. (It can be any instrument, but Rhythm is the safest to use and not have a glitch in my experience. )

For instance, in _FOLKRKG.STY Folk-Pop 12 string with electric guitar, the 12 string rhythm number is 896.

So when you select the next bar after the solo ending and open the RealTrack Button, in the filter box, select 896 and place it on the same track as the soloist instrument.

This replaces the soloist instrument with the rhythm instrument. Because two instruments are sharing the same track, when you generate your solo, BIAB will read ahead on the chord chart and will anticipate the RealTracks change and your soloist will be a good player and smoothly end his solo to make room for the new instrument.

Mute the track at the bar after the solo ending and regenerate. Your soloist should play smoothly from start to finish. I normally mute the track at this bar but on occasion find it is better to allow this bar to play out. This is why I choose to duplicate a rhythm instrument. On these occasions, the soloist track and the duplicate rhythm track play the bar with the same rhythm instrument simultaneously and it's unnoticeable. If necessary, you can do a gain change on this bar to reduced the rhythm instrument playing to make certain it's unnoticeable. Restore the volume in the next bar.

If your soloist will be doing another solo or doing fills, you simply select the bar you want to have the soloist to return, unmute and in the Bar Settings, select the RealTracks Button and Replace the Rhythm instrument with your soloist instrument.

Last edited by Charlie Fogle; 10/14/17 02:50 AM.

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.