Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
i sued to be able to launch a tuner that generated notes for each sring so i could tune my guitar. now all i can find is one that seems to want me to plug a guitar into BIAB or RB.

is the old tuner available and can i send a shortcut to the desktop?

RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
The tuner is:
C:\RealBand\$$rbtuner.exe

It is the same whether you launch it from the Guitar Tuner button in RealBand, or if you just double-click on the .exe

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
tried that andrew - that's what i was doing originally. i get an error saying 'no wav input devices are installed in windows.'

a third party tuning app works fine and so does audacity and rb and biab. when i referred to plugging in an electric gitar i wondered if the missing wav device could refer to an input signal.

same problem using the tuner icon in biab. what i like about the rb tuners is the continuous tone it outputs which helps tune the guitar raher than single note which died away

i have no recording source enabled in windows as i use a usb interface when i do record. and i don't want to plug anything else in

used to work fine but i haven't used it for a while

Last edited by Bob Calver; 01/25/23 02:21 AM.
RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
and i also get an access violation msg at address 00402306 referring to the file name and read of address is 000006..........might be an exztra zero its a small msg

RealBand
Journeyman
Online Content
Journeyman
Never knew this existed and when I copied and pasted the above link it worked fine.

...Deb

RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Looked in the manual and it said about the tuner button............

This launches the Guitar Tuner, which lets you tune a guitar or other instrument plugged into the mic-in or line-in of soundcard.

so the tuner itself has changed - it used to appear and let you play tones to tune to that came out of the speakers. now it seems to respond to mic or line input like a hardware tuner.

that means i was right about needing to plug in a guitar. Andrew - has it changed? anyone else remember the way it used to be?

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

I found two tuner files in the RealBand folder, $rbtuner.exe and $$rbtuner.exe. Both files share the date of 11/30/2019 and the size of 754 KB.

When I select the "Tones" button the "Generate Tones" window opens. I've found sometimes any selection has to be confirmed in the Generate Tones window before the generator produces a tone.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (389.67 KB, 65 downloads)
$$rbtuner.exe & $rbtuner.exe

Jim Fogle - 2024 BiaB (1109) RB (Build 3) Ultra+ PAK
Cakewalk - Zoom MRS-8 recorder
Desktop: i7 Win 10 build 2004, 12GB ram 256GB SSD, 4 TB HDD
Laptop: i3 64bit Win 10 build 21H2, 8GB ram 500GB HDD
Music at: https://fogle622.wix.com/fogle622-audio-home
RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Quote:
Andrew - has it changed?

No, it hasn't changed in a (very) long time.

It's just as Jim says above. It should still be able to generate tones..

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
But all I get is the error message about no wav device. The graphic of the tuner does not appear. I'll see if I can find the other file.

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

Check the RealBand audio input and output settings. I think the tuner is seeking an audio input and is telling you there is no active input.

RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
you are right Jim no input driver selected for audio. but i don't input audio unless i plug in my usb interface. and i don't have any recording options set on my windows control panel sound.

enabling a source which i don't use in windows control panel recording offers me an input driver. i select it and i get the tuner.

however i can get by with a third party tuner app. so can you advise me if i leave the desktop mic (the device i don't use - its part of my webcam) connected will it affect my recordings in future that i make with the usb interface? i remember in the past i had dreadful feedback problems. the mic doesn't seem to input any signal according to the RB input meter.

and when i record i change the driver to ASIO and select the input and output for my usb interface.

so can i leave the unwanted mic as a recording source in windows without affecting anything in RB and get my tuner back?

advice appreciated and thanks so far

RealBand
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
You're right, that is the same in my testing. The tuner complains if there aren't any input devices available in Windows.

Specifically, in the Windows sound settings (this is the dialog you get when you press WindowsButton+R and type mmsys.cpl), on the Recording tab, there needs to be one item that is available (both enabled and not disconnected). Stereo mix might be an option if you don't have anything else connected. I'm not sure if this will have an impact on your recording with the USB interface / ASIO drivers?

Andrew
PG Music Inc.
RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Like many laptops, my laptop has a built-in microphone and camera for webcam operation. I put a piece of clear tape over my built-in microphone. That reduces the sensitively enough that it doesn't interfere with normal recording operation unless you tap on the mic. It also picks up keystrokes if you are a heavy hitter of keys on the keyboard.

I'd say taping over the webcam mic is worth a try if you want to use the tuner. The worse that can happen is it doesn't work for you.

RealBand
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
thanks everyone - at least we know whythe problem occurs. rather than enable an input i don't want and sticking tape over it i'll use the third party tuner app. when i record i'll use the usb interface as normal.

i've used the tuner in the past and recorded as well so i'm not sure if anything has changed on my pc or whether RB now acts slightly differently

RealBand
Veteran
Veteran
Bob,

You can access the tuner icon by collapsing the "markers" toolbar. You collapse a toolbar by clicking on the toolbar label. Clicking on a toolbar label a second time expands the toolbar back to full size. +++ HERE +++ is a post that demonstrates the idea. I've also posted a screen shot below.

Attached Files (Click to download or enlarge) (Only available when you are logged in)
Clipboard01.jpg (201.29 KB, 23 downloads)
Collapse "Marker" toolbar to expose tuner icon.

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,569
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200