So, if I should want to create a backing track for a pre-existing song for students to learn the song, or if I should want to write an original, I'm thinkinthat I'd like to actually write the bass part, or the keyboard part, horn parts, etc. How can I use RB to compose/record parts?

Let's say I use a RB style to compose a tune. I've got my chord progression, to which the style used gives me a drum groove, bass part, keyboard, rhythm guitar part. Is there any step-entry way to input these parts? I'm aware of "writing" the melody through the notation, but the clicking of the mouse on or near the lines is nearly useless. Is there an easier method of entering notes? MIDI keyboard would be better, although there are a lot of things that I can't physically play in tempo(I'm not a keyboard player). Am I better off writing such parts in Finale, exporting them as MIDI files, and importing these into the song? *Can* I import a MIDI file into a pre-existing song? How would I then quantize the MIDI file to fit with the rest of the tracks already in RB?

Band-in-a-Box® for Windows
Version 2024 (1111)
64 bit application
RealBand 2024 (1)
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel Core i7 4800MQ @ 2.70GHz
Haswell 22nm Technology
16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)