Are there keyboard shortcuts in Real Band? I looked for about 45 minutes through 75 years of forum posts (Really, set these up so 5 year old posts scroll off. Or improve the boolean search. Have you ever tried to search forums on the keyword "keyboard" or "shortcut" and see what you get? 200 posts that contain the word "keyboard" is like shooting darts in a hurricane and trying to his a triple 20.)

I have started working with virtual instruments a lot. The music keyboard is to the right of, and 90 degrees perpendicular to, my computer keyboard. In order from me to switch from track 1 to track 4, I have to reach over with my left hand (I am right handed like 90% of the world), scroll my mouse to track 4, and click. All while not missing a beat in the song. It would be great if alt-4 (or SOMETHING 4) changed to track 4. That may already exist but I couldn't find it in that PG version of "War and Peace" that the help files have become.

THIS is why I asked earlier about having some kind of MIDI thru emulation so I could set up a bank of say 8 virtual instruments on tracks 1 thru 8, and on MIDI channels 1 thru 8, then just changing channel on my controller. As it is now, I can set it up that way but can only play the selected track. I CAN use the TTS-1 synth and select my instruments, but there are way better sounds to be had by using dedicated plugins. I have an organ VST that just destroys anything in the Cakewalk TTS-1, for example.

I know that Real Band is not meant to be used in a "live" situation like that, but it would be nice if it could be. A dedicated VST for each sound - piano on 1, organ on 2, strings on 3, 12 string on 4, accordion on 5, male voices on 6, female voices on 7, distortion guitar on 8..... etc. I also know that I may be the only user you have that cares about this and I don't expect you to rewrite code just for me, so....

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.