This HAS to be a repeat but I haven't been around as long as a lot of your regulars.

Is it even worth the time to suggest artists to be sampled into real tracks? I mean are they going to listen or go all WC Fields and tell "Go away son. You're bothering me." There is another wave of studio dudes coming up. I love Brent Mason but he is kind of played out now. As well as he plays those little chunks just don't always seam together well.

I emailed (I think it was) Sales suggesting Tom Bukovac. He is the most recorded guitar player in Nashville over the last 25 years and has been guitar player of the year for a lot of years. AND, thanks to Covid, he could probably use some cash flow right now (so he doesn't have to go into his vault.... He is hardly hurting.) Had had no social media presence until recently so only the people who read liner notes know his name.

AND... he grew up not far from me in my little suburb of Cleveland, though I am WAY older than him and we didn't know each other when he was here.

I am using the new 1040XTRAEZ form this year. It has just 2 lines.

1. How much did you make in 2023?
2. Send it to us.