I’m trying to work out how to save changes to a custom style (as described on pages 121-122 of the manual for BiaB 2019), and I think I must be missing something.

What I’d like to do is save a version of SELEKTAH.STY, but with the organ part from WrldRok1 and the drums from ZZREGGAE. Following the manual, I select the style I want to use (SELEKTAH.STY), and then, using the menu buttons in the lower left corner of the Style Picker window, I open the customization menu and select “Select Custom MIDI Style for this Track.” The “Choose Style with this instrument” button doesn’t work, but I’ve used those parts enough that they come up if I use the “Favs” button.

According to the manual, “When a track is customized, an asterisk will be added to the name.” I don’t see an asterisk, but if I click “OK,” the style loads with the changes I’ve made. But before I click “OK,” if I try to save it as a custom style, and I try to use that style in a later session, it only loads with the default settings of the original style.

Another minor issue: it won’t save to the /Applications/Band-in-a-Box/Styles/ folder. BiaB doesn’t tell me that, it just fails to save. If I save it to the desktop, it saves and I can then move that style to the Styles folder.