Index
Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Well Dean Martin did this, a song from the 50's.

But I just did the bucket list trip, London, England (26C or 76F) 4 days, Scotland West Coast 21C or 71F, 5 days, Edinburgh 2 days 22C 2 days, Amsterdam 3 days, 22C or 73F, Berlin 1 day, 18C or 67F, Vienna 21C or 70, 3 days, Salzburg, 23C, 72F, 3 days, Zurich/Strousburg/NE France, 23C 72F, Paris 25C, 76F, 4 days.

Amazing.

The papers in England said, normal weather for Easter, horizontal sleet and rain. Wrong it was hot. We got sunburns.

We were moving so fast on Rail passes and special tickets no time to stop and smell the roses.

Great Fun.

We had, on both accounts, the best times of our lives.

I could never as for better weather, or a better time.

I used my long lost German, Scots (not so long lost), by French (did well at that) and my deaf English.

So many people look odd at me when I said, Ich sprekin Deutche ou Je parle francais, mais je suis sourde mais ma femme ne parle qu'anglais....

But...

We got by,

And I Wish the bride did not have to go back to work.

Oh well we still do the music thing.

Stay posted.

A few clouds one a.m. in Berlin, the rest of the time, blue skyies, NO clouds. Amazing.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Glad you had a great time John........good to hear from you.

Rob

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I used a phrase here a few times. Ethocentric. As usual I bought newspapers and read them. Almost no North American news. Zero Canuck. About 1/2 of 1% American. We call it Yank. No baseball, no basketball, no 'football'. In the sports 12 pages of it. 10 of 'football'/soccer. 1/2 of tennis/rugby. 1/2 of why do badminton players have to wear skirts. 1/4 of racing.

I loved the food, the wine, the beer and the music. The music and the beer. The beer, the people, and the joie de vivre.

Almost losing your life a few times in the last 10 months changes your point of view. No country music either.

Weird or what.

On the other hand I'm on the 6th case of aspiration pnumonia in the last 7 months, and it's wearing thin. I don't like most of the solutions, but 5 more docs visits in the next few weeks will sort things out I hope.

The wife and I still disagree on directions. I was 99 percent right but that does not make me right. LOL. I still get 'how do you do that'. But it does not make me right.!!

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Glad you enjoyed the holiday John, did you come up to the north of Scotland at all ?
Maybe you got the best of the weather, it's bleeding well perishing cold here again.

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Graham, well we had sort of a slap and dash at it.

We had a nice 1st class train ticket from London to Edinburgh. A bit of a splurge that.

I should have had a driving lesson on a road wider than a cart track!

A few miles out of Oban the road had a bit that wasn't there when a lorry came around the corner and I got a tyre out of the road and popped a hole in the sidewall.

A nice chap stopped and helped me change to the temporary tyre and gave me directions to some back alley where I got a new one for 57 scottish pounds, and it took less than 10 minutes to get done. I was lucky in that respect, heck here it might have been a day or so to even 'get in'.

We had some problems with ferry schedules on Islay and a date with a plane ticket, spent 2 nights Islay, one on Skye, and one in Inverness. Strange thing to say, but the wife and I concur that the best lasagne we ever ate, (had a bit of that us), was in Inverness.

Anyway, drove down the track from Inverness to Edinburgh with some fine fiddle music of a Sunday afternoon on a fine day without cloud. I'll get around to putting together some of the video, I think you were playing accordion and Joe Gordon was on guitar with Sally singing, but I could be wrong again. (OK, but it was fun). We had a plane to catch to Amsterdam.

Scotland reminds me of norther Ontario, but with roads designed by a drunk guy on a meagre budget.

The tyre dealer did say they make a good living from bad roads.

We loved everywhere we went except Berlin, where at first we were to spend a day or so, but with a rail pass we just left for Vienna.

We never had one bad day of weather.

It's cooling down here too, and we are just getting tulips and lilacs out. Up north at the cabin the ice isn't totally out yet, so no blackflies yet.

If the wife ever retires we can take another trip and have a few visits. As it was we (I) lurched from place to place.

The docs are optimistic I'll lose the lurch so I don't look like I'm falling forward, and I'm starting to adapt to having 4 numb fingers and my playing is partly back, just don't ask for arpeggios.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
M
Mac Offline
Veteran
Veteran
M
Welcome back to the forum, John.

You were missed.

--Mac

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Quote:

Welcome back to the forum, John.

You were missed.

--Mac

Ditto that, I was just about to ask of your whereabouts and if anyone had heard from you.

Welcome Home!

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
John it was probably Scott Gordon ( Joe & Sallys' son ) that was playing.
Wish I'd known you were in Inverness, I could easily have met up for a coffee !

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks for the welcome back.

I've had some serious side effects from the chemo that lead to taking a lot of meds I hate, and I'm either spaced right out or I have a serious edge which leads up to my being, as I heard from a countryman on the way back on the plane, to being a$$HOLEish. Good word.

I'm somewhat better, I can go out without grabbing my feet or legs or acting out. So.

Graham, we arrived late on Saturday, went out for supper at 8ish, back to the B&B after the hosts were abed, then off at 9 a.m. for Edinburgh. Lovely drive. We walked down a hill to the centre of town, round a kirk and there were loads of folk about.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
You`ve been to Vienna and did not contact me? Shame on you! I would have loved to meet you. You could have visited one of my concerts too. Life`s too short to miss out occasions like these. Bad boy, you make me a sad girl now.

Sandra

"GuitarVersum" YouTube Channel: Jazz Chord Melody Tutorials
Jazz Guitar Lessons | Jazz Guitar Gear Reviews
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkT05N04ICdHgmDZrGYz-5A

Lesson Shop:
https://guitarversum.com/shop

Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Edinburgh is always heaving John. I feel the Same Sandra all the way up to Inverness & I never knew tut tut tut tut

Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I think if we had a definite plan we might have looked some folk up.

As it was there were 4 items planned.

1. Arrive in London. 21 Days until the return
2. Meet my daughter's future 'family' in Dover.
3. Train to Edinburgh
4. Plane from Paris to Toronto.

That was it. Ferries from Islay to the mainland were dodgy, we had to leave a day early.

Inverness was never discussed but happened, and we didn't have internet, nor phone.

Vienna was a maybe but the Berliners were so rude to us (3 times) and I arrived by night train from Amsterdam so I just hopped on the next train, heck it might have been to Denmark, that's how loose the plan was. So we'd try and get on the net and find a hotel.

Next time I take more time, but my wife is stuck with only 3 consecutive weeks off, and I have 53 weeks off each year.

I'm sure she's going to quit in the next 2 years. She discovered she liked spending all day with me, we've only usually had 2 weeks a year together, and then most of the time there were kids.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
Welcome back John.
I thought for sure while you were away, you'd get a "Guest Poster" to fill in for you, like on the Tonight Show.
Glad you're back.

Wayne,

(BTW, when you were in London, did you see my daughter? She's about 5'4" dark hair)

Off-Topic
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
John:

Sounds like you had a good trip.

Did you realize that you can get here from there (Ontario). We have a few roads, and most don't have a bit missing.

The ferries aren't dodgy either.

But what's to entice you out here except relatives?

G

PS - I still live in Victoria - be here until the end - no where else to go.

After reading about your chemo experience, I'm considering other options.

Last edited by Glenn Kolot; 05/16/11 03:35 PM.
Off-Topic
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hey Glen. Yeah, I've been to BC about 6 times. Costs less to go to Europe unless you have 10 olives, 2 beers and a sliced tomato in Zurich for 40 bucks. Nuts.

Doc said you've got 6 weeks without treatment, and we can cure this. They never mentioned side effects.

On the plus side I went to rehearsal last night and they missed me and I joined 2 bands while I was away.

John Conley
Musica est vita
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,632
Posts735,244
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 184