Off-Topic
J
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
J
Just seen this in a computer mag ezmix from

http://www.toontrack.com/news.asp?id=169

I wonder does it make life easier for the non expert among us?

thanks
Joe

joe
Off-Topic
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, I bought it as soon as it was announced. It's ludicrously cheap and I was delighted to find it does exactly what it says on the tin!

I've been at this recording lark for years and although I know all the theory of EQ, FX, etc. I've always been frustrated at how I can know all this stuff but still have to do zillions of trial and error tweaks to try and get the finished sounds I want. By which time my ears are tired, all creativity has evaporated and I'm depressed. I guess that's what comes of working alone as opposed to being trained in a pro studio by a pro.

With EZMix you can very quickly audition complete 'bundles' of tweaks, for example with vocals selected in one dropdown you can rapidly audition complete sets in a second dropdown of EQ, reverb, compression all combined together by an expert, then stop when you like what you hear. I first used it on the vocals of the last track I posted here and got a great sound on the vocals literally in seconds!

I know some purists will hate it on the grounds that they hate presets, when their real underlying objection will be something like "Hey, I spent years learning this stuff and now amateurs can dial it all in straight away!". I guess there were tape purists who took years learning how to cut and splice with razor blade and sticky tape only to see their skills made redundant overnight.

Anyway, five stars from me. I'd have paid twice the price for it and it's certainly the best purchase I've made in years!

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
Off-Topic
J
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
J
Thanks for the review Skyline, you have me seriously thinking of spending a few pounds!

Joe

joe
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Joe,
After reading your post I went and had a look at this plugin.

I was impressed by it so I went and purchased it.

FYI: I have Window 7 64 bit operating system.
The blurb on the website says it will work with Windows 7.
It didn't with my version which is home version, kept coming up with an error during install.

But, there is a 32 bit version in the purchase price so I tried that.

Success, the plugin works well and it works well with RealBand.

Just thought I would let you know.

Michee

Windows 11 64 bit, Biab 2023 1006, Realband 2023 (1)
i7 Desktop Computer 16Gb Memory

Off-Topic
J
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
J
Hello George,

Thanks very much for the thumbs up as regards this plugin, I have windows 7 32 bit as well so that is good.

Thanks once again to Skyline as well for his review,Time to get the cc out as I'm off to buy it now.

Joe

joe
Off-Topic
Journeyman
Journeyman
John, I've just checked it out......have to agree........like having an extra.....(more experienced) ....pair of ears....to rely on. I too, may buy it.......what am I saying.........I'm Scottish! Ah well! Thanks again, Joe G.

Off-Topic
J
JEP Offline
Apprentice
Apprentice
J
I tried hard to forget your review, Skyline. It's bookmarked now, so the next time I'm sad & confused in front of a daw, I know where I'm heading. Probably sooner rather than later.

- Jepster

Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
I own it also, and find it to be pretty good for quick mixes, but it will never replace your ears & tweaking effects to the song....ya just can not slap the same effects chain on every track, every time, and it turn out sounding great every time!

With that said, I feel it is worth the $$ just to have it in your box of tricks.

And of course this is all IMHO, YMMV, yada yada....

i5 3.20GHz, 32gb RAM, 1tb SSD OS, 12tb HDD, 4gb gForce vid card, 32" monitor, Audient id44, Win10 x64, BiaB/RB 2023, Reaper 6,IK Multimedia Total Studio 3.5 MAX, Waves 10
Off-Topic
Expert
Expert
Hi Skyline,

Does your EZMIX plugin stick to the track?

I can insert the plugin into the track and listen to it OK but when I merge to audio or save as a wave file then it is as though the track is dry.
That is unless I do the following:

Workaround is as follows:

Select track that you wish EZMix to be in. Select EXMix preset that you like (this step is not really necessary it just lets you hear the preset you like)
Once happy that the sound is as you require - Right Click on the track and select Audio Effects - Choose DirectX Audio Plugins and from the list select EZMix Plugin
Set preset as you wish (if you have tweaked, then re-tweak)
Listen to track with preview - if happy click on Process.
It will now change the Audio and it will Stick. Just remember to save a copy before you process as it is destructive.

Best regards
Michee

P.S Perhaps PG Music staff will be interested as to why it doesn't stick unless you do the above.

I had to install the 32 bit version of EZMIX as the 64 bit version wouldn't install on my system.
My System is Windows 7 64 Bit,i7, 4gb ram.

Windows 11 64 bit, Biab 2023 1006, Realband 2023 (1)
i7 Desktop Computer 16Gb Memory

Off-Topic
J
Apprentice
OP Offline
Apprentice
J
Quote:

Hi Skyline,

Does your EZMIX plugin stick to the track?

I can insert the plugin into the track and listen to it OK but when I merge to audio or save as a wave file then it is as though the track is dry.
That is unless I do the following:

Workaround is as follows:

Select track that you wish EZMix to be in. Select EXMix preset that you like (this step is not really necessary it just lets you hear the preset you like)
Once happy that the sound is as you require - Right Click on the track and select Audio Effects - Choose DirectX Audio Plugins and from the list select EZMix Plugin
Set preset as you wish (if you have tweaked, then re-tweak)
Listen to track with preview - if happy click on Process.
It will now change the Audio and it will Stick. Just remember to save a copy before you process as it is destructive.

Best regards
Michee

P.S Perhaps PG Music staff will be interested as to why it doesn't stick unless you do the above.

I had to install the 32 bit version of EZMIX as the 64 bit version wouldn't install on my system.
My System is Windows 7 64 Bit,i7, 4gb ram.

Probably another good reason to only use Realband in the initial stages of a song using it for what it does best generating the realtracks and converting all the midi to audio then importing into another sequencer such as cubase that doesn't have the above problem with EZmix.

Joe

joe
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,398
Posts732,546
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199