I get really confused with this 2 bar offset and 2 bar ending stuff. What do I have to select or deselect to have my song start at bar 1 and end when I end it? And that default of 32 bar song length? WHAT song is 32 bars long?? When I open up a chord chart I see measures -1 and 0. And if I make any changes suddenly my song starts at 3, or sometimes even 5. I can enter blank space manually if I want it and add my own click track for pickup. What's the deal with that 2 bar ending? Does that mean Real Band is going to create an ending that it thinks I want? I just lost a whole bunch of work because suddenly bars 3 and 4 that show nothing in the chord sheet have music playing. The part markers then become wrong and I have no way to change that. If I try to delete blank measures it moves everything back and the blank measures still play. This makes editing impossible because if I want to make a change to bar 17 I have to make the change to bar 19 or 15, depending on what kind of mood the software is that day.

Also when entering chords, it sometimes jumps the cursor to some random place on the page. For example, I inserted 8 bars into a song at bar 17. When I went to enter chords into those 8 bars, every time I hit enter the cursor went to a different place on the grid so I had to hunt and find where it went to and undo what I did in what I thought was the next input point (but it wasn't the next measure because the cursor jumped so I messed up THAT measure), click back where I wanted it to be... That is a royal PITA. All I want it to do is follow along and do what I tell it to do. Not jump from bar 19 to bar 67 because "If you don't know why I'm mad at you I'm certainly not going to tell you!"

Anybody else deal with this?

EDIT: and this thought.

If I have a song in SEQ format, and I write another section to merge into that song, it seems like there should be a way to open another SEQ file without closing the one that is open. I have tried that many times and it just isn't possible. So if I write a bridge and want to insert it, I can't do that without opening the song, inserting blank measures, recoding all the chord entry, generating, which will not be the one I wrote in another window.... At the very least allow simultaneous sessions so I can open that new bridge is session 2, copy it and paste it into the original song in the appropriate place, and not disturb what was there at all. Rendering it into a WAV and importing works to a degree but I don't want to insert compiled files. I want tracks so I can add effects and gain changes track by track.

Optimally I would like to see "insert SEQ file" so I could add blank measures, click the curser at the insert point, and open that second SEQ file there. That doesn't really seem like a difficult bit of coding as good as these guys are.

Last edited by eddie1261; 10/27/20 07:11 AM.

I smashed the hell out of my car today. When the cops came I told him "Officer, that guy was BOTH texting and drinking a beer." The cop said "Sir, he has every right to do that. I mean, it's HIS living room..."