Print Thread
Go To
#116695 06/09/11 05:07 AM
User Showcase
Tommyc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Just more jammin with the world's GREATEST software !
http://soundcloud.com/tommycole/dream-in-the-color-blue

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Hi Tom,
Nice groove. Your playing is great just like the last one.
I love jammin' along with a good groove from BIAB too.
You're the real deal. Thanks for sharing it.
Wayne,

User Showcase
Tommyc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thank You Wayne it means a lot coming from someone as talented as you !

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Thanks Tom,
I have to confess, I go back and play "Blues @ 4am" at least once a day.
I remember that hidden pickup trick. It works well on your Strat.

I don't know about you, but I've had a lot of guitars over the years, but I always came back to Fenders.
Wayne,

User Showcase
Tommyc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I have had them all ,when I worked at a music store that's where all my money went ! I was in Speir Music in Dallas 20 years ago when the owner said as long as he could double his money he would sell me anything in the store . I told him his salesmen usually gave me a better discount than that ! Right then a man came in with a Strat and asked if the owner would give him $100 bucks for it ! Bob Speir said he would and as soon as the man left ,I called my wife and said gimme your credit card number I know what I want for my birthday ! Bob had a fit when I called him on the double his money deal ! Every one in the store started razzing him about it till he gave in . Never bought another guitar since , this one is too perfect! 80's Strat Ultra w/hand wound VanZant pickups early style bridge and pick-guard.

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
I know what you mean. When I got my Telecaster I was looking for a Strat. After a long search I picked up this Tele and haven't put it down since. It's 23-24 years old and I still think of it as my new guitar.
Wayne,

User Showcase
Tommyc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
My first love was a Telecaster that had a home-made b bender . I made a "P" shaped fulcrum in the saddle hinged at the top left and drilled a hole from the neck cavity to the enlarged bridge cavity . Took the brake cable off of my daughter's bike and hooked it to the bottom of the "P" and ran it through the neck-plate and put a hook on the end to grab my belt . I put a set screw in the back of the saddle to tune the stop . The b string ran across the top of the P and attached at the bottom of the curve . Worked great and was invisible from the audience view . Another guitarist traded me a new Les Paul , boy was that a mistake it weighed a ton of mud tone and it never'd sounded like old country which paid the rent back then .

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Quote:

Another guitarist traded me a new Les Paul, boy was that a mistake it weighed a ton of mud tone and it never'd sounded like old country which paid the rent back then.

I hear you. I made a trade in the 70s, an old Fneder Jaquar for a 57 Les Paul. I had just repainted the Fender Jaquar at an auto body shop I was working at and I had all the chrome replated. I was in heaven. I had a true vintage classic Les Paul. Then I played it. All I got was mud. It played great but I hated the sound. And yes, it weighed a ton. I sold it for a good price at the time and went right to Manny's Music and bought a brand new Tele. I had other Gibsons as well, none of them worked for me.

Like you, I made a big mistake getting rid of that Fender. Even though it was a great trade.
Wayne,

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Now that's what I'm talkin' about... Very Albert! Love it!
What were the real tracks you used? Sounds like a Steely Dan-type bed.
Thanks for this one!

John

Songs web site
YouTube Channel
BIAB 2019
Cakewalk by BandLab
Studio One 4
User Showcase
Tommyc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thank You for your kind comments ! I started with bigsur style and added real tracks 515 bass 906 piano and smooth jazz poppy drums ,kept the string track (originally Organ) and VST'd its midi to a Clav sound. I think some instruments sound OK using VST's , but real tracks are the best sounds ever . Wish there were more of them ! I listened to Albert most of my teens and twenty's till my record collection was stolen . Use to jam with Freddie King in Dallas back in the 70's ,but he would only let me play the harmonica .

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Tommy,

Wow! How incredibly inventive is this song! I loved it. I have absolutely no idea how you go about coming up with ideas for something like this and then go about welding them all together to make such a sensational piece of music. In my opinion, this is creativity plus Excellent work.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Tommyc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
My mixes go to Cool Edit ver 1.2a ( 1999 ? never wanted to spend much on software ) I master in Wave Lab 4 ,midi edit in Sonor 2 ,Power Tracks and add VST's in Acid 4. Some of these programs functions are repetitious ,but I never have learned but a few steps in each . When I first got Biab 2004 I couldn't stop jamming to the demos for about a month before discovering the melody/song generator and then let it do all the work for a long time. I haven't even tried Real Band yet, still trying to learn Biab . It sure is great to have a band this talented !

User Showcase
Tommyc Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
I would like to thank everyone who listened to my songs ,it really means a lot to me ! And much thanks to the PG folks for making it all possible ! The Artist Formerly Known as Tom Terrific Tongue Man Hot Licks and Live Snake Show !

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,401
Posts732,570
Members38,444
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Descoward, danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J
38,443 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200