User Showcase
R
RodM Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
R
Hello Forum,

Last year, during the Christmas song challenge, I issued a challenge to myself and wrote about 30 original Christmas songs. I just got around to recording about half of them. I used to perform out in public, but in recent years, I have become shy about performing out. I wasn't going to post any of my music because to be honest, there are so many talented songwriters, singers, and musicians on this forum with a better technical feel of the recording, mixing and mastering process, I didn't feel I was up to the level of everyone on this showcase. I probably fall into the camp of not letting anyone hear what I come up with. My wife doesn't even get to listen to me no more! This forum seems like a helpful bunch so I thought I'd give this a try again. I posted about a year ago with 30 other songs but I quickly too them down after a week. I used to play better but I admit that I'm rusty. I put together these songs using my own parts mixed with BIAB musicians. These are rough drafts but I hope to improve them if I can. I work as a technician in my profession but I struggle with audio processing. I would have to say on these projects its a 50-50 partnership. These Christmas songs span many different genres so I would almost rather you skim through the 15 posted songs and sample a verse and a chorus than to listen to any 1 song. Of course, you are certainly welcome to listed to a complete song too, if you have the time to spare. I'm looking for advise across many subject areas. Everything from songwriting (music arrangements, lyrics), to mixing and mastering advise. I also posted the pictures of the real tracks musicians used in these recordings on my main page. You can find that at:

Main Artist Page

Anyway the details (songs and lyrics) are listed below:

Christmastime
Genre-Classic Rock
Rod Moore-Lead and Background vocals True Pianos NI B4 Organ
Dow Tomlin-Bass set 6 RT 388
Darin Favorite-Rhythm PopRockBritHeavy set 41 RT 648
Jason Roller-Acoustic Guitar Rhythm Guitar set 8 RT 405
Mike Durham-Electric Guitar Rhythm Guitar set 41 RT 645
Brent Mason-Lead Guitar set 105 RT 1169
Wayne Killius-Drums Real Drums set 22 RockHardModernEv8 [url=http://www.soundclick.com/bands

Christmas Town
Genre-Jazz Lounge
Rod Moore-Lead and Background vocals True Pianos
Neil Swainson-Acoustic Bass set 14 RT 443
Oliver Gannon-Rhythm Guitar set 14 RT 446
PJ Perry-Alto Sax soloist set 15 RT 456
Craig Scott-Drums Real Drums set 3 JazzBrushesSticks

I've Got The Christmas Blues
Genre-Blues
Rod Moore-Lead vocals NI B4 Organ
Dow Tomlin-Picked Electric Bass set 31 RT 572
Jack Pearson-Rhythm Acoustic Guitar set 31 RT 577
Jack Pearson-Distorted Rhythm Acoustic Guitar set 31 RT 573
Brian Fullen - Drums Real Drums set 06 NashvilleEven8

Christmas Burglar
Genre-Country
Rod Moore-Lead and Background vocals True Pianos
Byron House-Bass set 26 RT 541
Steve Hinson-Resonator Guitar Fills set 36 RT 608
Jason Roller-Acoustic Guitar Rhythm Guitar set 3 RT 374
Jack Pearson-Mandolin set 36 RT 611
Brian Fullen-Drums Real Drums set 7 NashvilleSwing8

Christmas Overture
Genre-Electronic, New Age
Rod Moore NI Pro-53, Konpakt Large string section, Trilogy Bass, Guitar
Todd Sorenson - Drums-DOD loops

Thanksgiving Day
Genre-Folk
Rod Moore-Lead and Background vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Real Guitar, Kompakt-Large String Ensemble

Another Christmas Eve
Another Christmas Eve
Genre-Y2K Pop
Rod Moore-Lead and Background vocals True Pianos, Kompakt-Large String Section, Trilogy Bass

Joy
Genre-Choral
Rod Moore - SATB voices

Santa Needs A Bailout For Christmas
Genre-Country
Rod Moore-Lead and Background vocals True Pianos, Kontakt 4-Emulator II Sleigh Bells, Kazoo Band
Kenny Sears-Fiddle set 97 RT 1114
Byron House-Bass set 26 RT 539
Tony King-Acoustic Rhythm Guitar set 3 RT 372
Jason Roller-Electric Guitar Rhythm Guitar set 81 RT 974
Mike Durham-Electric Guitar Rhythm Guitar set 81 RT 977
Brian Fullen-Drums Real Drums set 7 NashvilleSwing8

Sounds Of The Season
Rod Moore-Background vocals True Pianos, Komtakt 4-Percussion, Brass, Strings, Woodwinds, EII-Tympani
East West Symphonic Choir-SATB voices

Meet Me By The Mistletoe
Genre-Jazz Balled
Rod Moore-Lead and Background vocals True Pianos Kompakt Large String Ensemble
Neil Swainson-Acoustic Bass set 18 RT 481
Oliver Gannon-Rhythm Guitar set 18 RT 484
Don Clark-Trumpet soloist set 19 RT 495
Craig Scott-Drums Real Drums set 3 JazzBrushesSticks

Christ Is Born In Bethlehem
Genre-Classical, Traditional
Rod Moore-Background vocals True Pianos, Komtakt 4-Percussion, Brass, Strings, Woodwinds, EII-Picalo Trumpet
East West Symphonic Choir-SATB voices

Politically Correct Happy Xmas Time
Genre-Jazz, Broadway
Rod Moore-Lead and Background vocals True Pianos, Komtakt 4-String Section, Bassoon, Trilogy Upright Bass
Todd Sorenson-Drums-DOD loops

Light Of The World
Genre-R&B, Gospel
Rod Moore-Lead and Background vocals True Pianos, Acoustic & Electric Guitar,Komtakt 4-String Section, Bassoon,
Trilogy Bass, Guitar, East West Symphonic Choir-SATB voices
Based on BIAB midi sytle

New Year's Resolution
Genre-Heavy Modern Rock
Rod Moore-Lead and Background vocals NI Pro-53, NI Kontakt 4 Rock Guitar, Trilogy Bass
Darin Favorite-Metal set 6 RT
Todd Sorenson-Drums-DOD loops

Thanks again for listening and happy holidays!
Rod M

RodM #134099 11/19/11 11:20 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Rod,

No reason to be bashful. You have a fine voice and good production. I listened to "Light Of The World". Really nice melody and I enjoyed it very much.

I would suggest that you pick what you think is your best song and post that. Get feedback from that one and then post another. It's a little overwhelming for the listener to have so many to choose from and digest at once - make it easy on us and let us focus on one at a time. I think you'll get more feedback that way - my two cents of posting advice.

RodM #134100 11/19/11 11:31 AM
User Showcase
R
RodM Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
R
Thanks Josie.

I've long admired the songs that Bob and you have posted. You guys sure have a "knack" for this. I will definitely follow that advise in the future. I tend to write a bunch a songs at one time and throw them out in a "big glob of songs". I actually don't feel very good about any of them so it was hard to know which ones to post first. I probably change the order a bunch of times because I ask myself, "what is my best style?". Unfortunately, I dabble in a bunch of styles and haven't found my home yet.
Thank you so much for listening and your kind comments!

RodM

RodM #134101 11/19/11 11:51 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thank you Rod! I think it's great to dabble that's part of the fun. We all get the jitters posting - I know I do. Nobody I know is ever totally satisfied with how their song or production or vocal comes out I think there's always the I could've done this or that better nagging little voice.... Most of us probably have OCD or we wouldn't be doing this anyway. LOL!

User Showcase
R
RodM Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
R
LOL! That is so true! I was trying to put my finger on it but I think I have OCD in regards to my music. I always doubt myself so I change things around a lot. Most times I'm not improving things at all. Sometimes I think the more I tweak, the further I go in destroying a perfectly good initial idea for a song!
Anyway, I hope you and yours have a great holiday season.

Rod M

RodM #134103 11/19/11 01:02 PM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Rod, Josie is right, pick one tune and repost so everyone is commenting on the same tune. You will get more help that way. Don't be bashful as we all have various degrees of experiance and talent.Good job and keep on posting.

Cheers

Nels

User Showcase
R
RodM Offline OP
Enthusiast
OP Offline
Enthusiast
R
Hi Nels,

Both you and Josie are right. Also, I should have polished these songs a little better too before I posted. Perhaps, I'll re-post at some point in the future. I sure hope this post drops off the forum 1st page soon! LOL

Rod M

RodM #134105 11/21/11 12:33 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
RodM,

I agree with Josie - nothing to be bashful or embarrassed about here! I think you sound good, and did a good job on the songs! I do agree that you should post one song at a time, and let everyone digest (sorry, this is the season for eating) and post on it.

Really good job on what I hear here!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,493
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195