Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#240195 02/16/14 05:45 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
I've been out of pocket most of the time for the past few months. Between dealing with health issues and getting back to work, I haven't been able to post as much music lately. I finally had some time last night, and after reflecting on Valentine's Day with my lovely bride of almost 38 years, I wrote this little love song for her. I added some various orchestration/percussion to go with the BIAB Realtracks on this one. I hope you enjoy it!

Better Man

Here are the RealTracks/RealDrums used...
RealTracks in song: 1190:Bass, Electric, ModernRnBRock Ev 065
RealTracks in song: 2051:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking CountryBrent Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1765:Guitar, High-Strung Acoustic, Fingerpicking Pop16ths Ev16 085
RealTracks in song: 2334:String Quartet, Rhythm PopChamber Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1856:Cello, Background PopCountry Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1601:Mandolin, Rhythm Pop16Melodic Ev 065
RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

And here are the lyrics..

Better Man
Words and Music, copyright Stephen W. Young

I don't need to know all the answers
To questions I don't even understand
I look at life filled with wonder
At the beauty of the plan

A little girl stands in the corner
She looks an awful lot like you
And when she smiles I remember
The little things you do

I won't let time make a difference
I've found the place to make a stand
Cause I just know that when I'm with you
You make me a better man

It won't be long til the summer
It won't be long til it's warm
I've felt the cold days of winter
I've seen the eye of the storm

But in the change of the seasons
There's one thing that remains
I still love you so deeply
And that will never change

I won't let time make a difference
I've found the place to make a stand
'Cause I just know that when I'm with you
You make me a better man

===

Have a great day!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve
Really liked the tune, and the gradual build, nice lyrics, and the closeness of the vocal.
Very nice job, thanks for sharing.
Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Steve, I enjoyed it very much. Terrific arrangement and orchestration. Thanks!

Mike B.

Music should be part of your life
http://www.soundclick.com/blackcatjazzcafeband
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Steve!

It's really good to see you again.

When it comes to beautiful songs, this one is right up the top there with the best that you've ever written. The melody, harmony and arrangement are magnificent and when you write lyrics from the heart, truth and honesty work every time. The musical voyage that you took me on as I listened, was wonderful. I bet Mrs Steve was incredibly impressed.

I can already see that I'm going to be listening to this song every time I pop into the forum for quite a while yet.

All the best,
Noel

P.S. Congratulations on those almost 38 years too!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great song Steve.
I wondered how a mandolin would fit with your choice of RTs but I neednt have worried. A Class selection and mix.
I like the way it slowly builds in layers.
For me, the interlude "solo" instrument of the tune needs to come up a bit. Its beautifully done and I would have liked to hear it better.
Thanks for posting. I may keep these lyrics for next years Valentines card. lol!
cheers
ian

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve,

Absolutely beautiful. Hope you're feeling better.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Beautiful song, great lyrics. The sweet vocal is right where it needs to be on this with the music nicely mixed to support, but never interfere with the story.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
34 years here and if I could write a song like that I'd do it today for my better half. Just a wonderful way of expressing the feelings of a long term relationship that works and has worked for years. Not a whole lot of them around and I won life's lotto with mine.

Like Bob said it's a beautiful song and, I too, hope you are doing better.

Bud

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve, So glad you're back. i hope this means you're feeling better. Judging by your song you are at the top of your game. Excellence all around. Vocal, Mix, Arrangement are all top shelf. i think this may be the best that you've written and it sure hits home with all of us old happily married guys. You have captured the beauty of love over time. Great stuff. More, More, More. Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Steve,

a very heartfelt song with good vocals.
I like the increasing arrangement. Nice things happening in the background.
I hope you stay well.

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve,

Pull up a chair... set a spell! Always love to see you drop a song in...

And a beautiful one, at that! A good write - such a sweet melody. Your productions always build so nicely.. they are music clouds to float on.. paired with your always comfortable vocals...

You make writing a simple love song seem so easy - which is anything, but... Just a joy to listen to.

Stay well. Stay in the neighborhood - where you belong...

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Steve !

This must be my favourite
Stevetune !:)) I also
think this is one of your
absolute best !:)) I congratulate
you and your life´s companion
for being able to stick together
for so long, and I hope there´ll be
many many more years for you two!:))
I only made 42 with my wife, but
they were just great years as I
understand that yours have been too !:))
I hope your health issues are behind
now and that you are able to go on
afresh !:))

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Trevor,

Thanks for stopping by to listen, and comment. Your kind words are appreciated.

Mike,

Thanks very much! Glad you like this one.

Noel,

Always good to hear from you, my friend! Really appreciate your generous words. Thanks so much.

Ian,

I really appreciate your very kind words. I did do another remix, and brought up the organ solo a tad, along with some other subtle changes. Again, thanks for your time and thoughts!

==

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Bob,

Thanks very much for listening, and commenting. And thanks for your well-wishes. Much appreciated.

Olemon,

I really appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. Glad you like it!

Bud & Janice,

So glad you enjoyed this one. And congratulations on your 34 years! Long term relationships can be work at times, but the rewards far outweigh the effort, when you have the right people involved. Sounds like you and I have both been blessed!

Tom,

Always good to hear from you! Really appreciate your very kind words!

==

Steve

Steve Young
Music
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Guenter,

Thanks so much for taking the time to listen and post such nice words. Very appreciated.

Floyd,

Great to hear from you, as always. Glad you enjoyed this one. My schedule has been, and continues to be a challenge, working about 60 hours a week, in addition to serving as a Worship/Music Pastor at a church. And since I was diagnosed with Muscular Dystrophy in September, that has presented a few minor changes into my life. But I am doing well, still playing all my instruments, etc. I look forward to writing and posting many more songs here! Thanks.

Dani,

Thank you so much for your very generous words. I am glad you like this one. As you can imagine, this one has special meaning to me. The way you talk about your dear wife is a real inspiration to us here. You were obviously blessed with a wonderful relationship (as am I). Thanks for being a part of our family here.

==

Steve

Steve Young
Music
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
It’s all been said! This is one fantastic song with super lyrics, orchestration and mix.

Like it was said all of old married men can relate to this!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
A beautiful song indeed! I love the arrangement

congrats to you and your valentine!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve,

A beautiful love song, beautiful arrangement and Mrs Young must think she is a lucky lady to have such a nice song written about her.

Good to hear you back and hope all is well with you medically.

Alyn

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Lovely lyrics and vocals. maybe a bit crisp on the vocals to my ear but very enjoyable. Held my attention to the end. Cheers.

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Mario,

So glad you like this one. Always good to hear from you! Thanks!

Gruverider,

Thanks very much! Glad you like the song and arrangement.

Alyn,

I really appreciate your kind words. (And I'm the lucky one.) Always good to hear from you.

RichMac,

Thanks for dropping in and giving this one a listen. Glad you enjoyed it. I will have to give another listen to the "crispness" of my vocals when I get a chance on some different speakers. It sounds good on my monitors to me. Thanks for the input.

===

Steve

Steve Young
Music
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195