Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#546842 07/25/19 11:33 PM
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert

Hi everybody,

no doubt about it: The protagonist of this song resp. video didn’t use to be exactly the type of guy any of us would want to be friends with. Or worse still: meet in the dark. But since he is claiming to have changed for the bettter: Doesn’t everybody deserve a second chance? Well, let’s see...

And what have Eddy, Freddy and Teddy got to do with it? And will they show us their soft sides like they always do when they hear a pedal steel guitar solo? Just hang on...

Those of you who have heard and seen some of my songs and videos know: They’re either (meant to be) funny or love songs dedicated to the ‘gal’ I can’t do without for longer than one hour. And, yes, this one is not really a love song.

VIDEO (+ lyrics)

AUDIO (+ lyrics)

AUDIO (on SoundCloud)

I am so happy that Maha, who has been severely ill for more than half a year by now (and is still far from being really healthy), could get back to the PC and do her mixing and sound-editing job again. And I think she really did very well.

Here’s the tech stuff:

Style is _TRAINBT.STY (Basic Workin' Man)

RealTracks in style: 379:Bass, Electric, Country DoubleTime Ev 088
RealTracks in style: 1727:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm TrainBeatJohn Ev 130
RealTracks in style: 411:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm Train Pickin' Ev 130
RealTracks in song: ~621:Pedal Steel, Background Easy Ev 136
RealDrums in style: NashTrainEv16^2-a:Blastix , b:Blasttix 16th

I think this is the first time I used a RealStyle ‘as is’, because it’s just perfect.

Added a pedal steel soloist RealTrack:
RT1670:Pedal Steel, Soloist CountryPaul Ev 120 (Bluesy).

And man, you ain’t seen nothing yet unless you’ve tried to edit a PSG soloist track with all its glissandi .

With such a great backing style there wasn’t much left to do for me but just do the singing.

Like always Maha used RealBand as her DAW (won’t be able to change this, because ‘BJN & FakeThat! - The RealBand Band’ has become something like our trademark) plus a couple of 3rd-party plug-ins and for the first time ever used our new Ozone 8 Standard Mastering Tool and I really think it paid off - in fact, none of our songs had ever been mastered before, shame on us.

Hope you will have a little weekend fun watching or just listening to I’VE CHANGED FOR THE BETTER.

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Stefan,

Great to see you with a new video, they are always so well done!

Good song too, enjoyed very much. Fun lyrics and nice change for the chorus.

Very happy to hear that Maha is on the mend too!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Stefan,

What a swell video, song and lyrics!
The story is very, very funny and performed also very well. Didn't know you are an excellent filmmaker as well.
Maha looked very credible as a bartender, but no beer...
I like the choice of melody -country- you made for this song. To me it sounded as a real countryband! And that, while you're German!!!
You only have to use better glue for that mustache of yours. At the end it let go a bit :-)

So I have enjoyed it very much,
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Nice work on this - a really fun tune, and I liked how the video was lighthearted and funny. Really catchy as well - a solid earworm!

Thanks for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great fun. The video is the way to go, with your stage persona and hilarious images matching the lyrics.
The style works and production sounds good... yeah, that little shine mastering adds is worth the trouble.
Well done to your team!

Robert

User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
Wow...
You guys can really put an audio & video feast together...
I always look forward to seeing & hearing a BJN production...
I happy to hear Maha is on the mend & can return to do all the great things she does...
Of course I imagine you can guess by now...
That I really enjoyed watching & listening to your latest creation!

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan,

A fun song, clever write.

Y'all put a LOT into creating these videos - fun to watch...

Maha did a nice job on the mix. Glad to hear she is improving...

Keep 'em coming...

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan,
Good to hear Maha is back in business! This was an awesome ride! I can only imagine how much hard work went into this... Listens very well! Imagery is hilarious! Enjoyed it much.
Stefan, tell Maha, she done exelent work on this!

P.S. are you wearing stockings to simulate tatooes on your arms?

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan

As usual an amazing production with a lot of effort into the video. Enjoyed the song and catchy chorus.
Overall very impressive.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
hey Stefan great job on this enjoyed myself very cool eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Stefan, so much hard work goes into your productions it's incredible! A high quality work here for sure! Great vocals and production! I thought it was very clever! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent narrative as usual Stephan - fun & full too. I reckon you must have a stash or old penny dreadfulls to raid for your stories.
Good arrangement & mix and, as usual, good vocals too.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great groove, works like a train smile Mix is excellent and your voice doesn't need a change for the better. Funny lyrics. Reminds me of a band called Barenaked Ladies.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi BlueAttitude,

once again you were the first one to comment - we seem to have similar 'forum hours'...

Thank you so much for your kind words about Maha's improvement and of course for your positive remarks on the video. I'm very glad to read that you enjoyed the song and the video, because that's what I' (resp. we're) doing it for: bring a smile to people's faces.

Have a great Sunday,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Hans,

thanks an awful lot for your very, very positive comment on our song and video

, and I'm glad that I seem to meet your sense for humor. And yes, you're right: En kroeg zonder pilsjes - nee hoor, da's echt miet leuk...!

Funny that you noticed the loose mustache - we hadn't noticed it during the recording and thought it maight be considered another tiny gimmick, so we didn't re-record the scene.

We really appreciated your kind words - thank you once again.

Take care,

Stefan

PS: Ik heb 1972 haast het hele jaar bij jou in de buurt geleefd (oftewel de buurt van je ouders, want je lijkt me toch veel jonger dan ik): in Heiloo, Alkmaar en Bergen. En ik was helemaal van plan voor goed in NH te blijven, maar dan vondt me mijn Alkmaarse vriending op eens niet meer zo leuk en ik ben terug naar D. cool

Maar mijn liefde voor Holland heeft dat helemaal geen kwaad gedaan. smile

Last edited by Crossroads; 07/27/19 11:25 PM.
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thank you very much, Deryk - I really appreciate your kind comment. Glad you enjoyed the production.

Cheers,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hi Robert,

thanks a lot for your positive and kind words - I was very happy to read that you enjoyed everything and had fun - what more could we ask for.

Thanks for taking the time for listening, watching and commenting.

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Dear Jim,

you always make my resp. our day with your kind and supportive words about or stuff.

I have to admit that I was a bit afraid that people might say that a German shouldn't even try to put something 'county-esque' together, but if even you, as a Texan, think that there's nothing wrong with it and even more can enjoy it, I'm truely relieved. I think I heard that TRAIN style rhythm in a Vince Gill tune and it really drew my attention. You know like it is with us BIABers: Always on the scout for something we've never done before, and BIAB really makes it so easy to have a go at things you'd otherwise would have never even thought of.

And as to the video: Where would I be without those fantastic guys starring in them - nowhere!

Thank you once again for your very kind words, and, oh yes: Maha says 'Thank you, too' for what you said about her.

Take good care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Hello Floyd,

thank you so much for your very kind words; like with everybody else in this forum your opinion is always of particular importance to me.

Yes, it may seem to be a lot of work, but it's so much fun I wouldn't actually call it 'work' - it's just spending a lot of time that on something really makes me happy.

Thanks for listening, watching and commenting, ad yes: I'm gonna keep 'em coming, don't you worry !

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Oh Misha, your comments are always something that I'm looking forward to and you never disappoint me - you really made my day again, thank you so much for your kind words on our latest 'prank' - I am glad you enjoyed it.

Firstly I had asked my cast to get real tattoos all over , but to my suprised and disappointment they refused to get scribbled all over. So I had to make do with those 'arm stockings' that you can buy in China (via eBay) for one or two Euros a pair incl. P&P - don't know how they do it, but the do it.

Thanks again for listening, watching and, most of all, for your kind words about the barmaid's improvement.

All the best,

Stefan

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,395
Posts732,501
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz
38,441 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195