Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Folks,
I had a tune in Russian that I wrote some time ago and wanted to do a English version  of it.  I had difficulty translating it, so decided to rewrite lyrics completely, leaving theme intact. It is a parody on foodie movement. Original tune was all MIDI. I took my chances and tapped David Bell for this little project. Fortunately for me he agreed and wrote two amazing guitar tracks. He plays lead and rhythm guitars on this. Special thanks to Ray C. for editing lyrics! All constructive feedback is welcomed. Thank you for listening!
Misha.

GourmandObluez

Lyrics:

Put on your apron,
Let’s start the dance
Today is the day
To fry Cornish hens
Hands are thoroughly washed
Take a deep breath
Wipe the dust from
Stainless pots and pans

Hot oil bubbles like a volcano
My chicks, ready for the bath
Moves measured tightly with precision
Put doubts aside, no time to rest

Start meditating, release your thoughts
Today we’ll prepare a zesty tomato sauce
Old fashion cooking was never an easy task
Like flying space rockets - just ask Mister Elon Musk

Don't bring the potion to a boil
Churn slowly peeled tomato guts
I am standing like a hypnotized gargoyle
Dreaming of pasta with steaming garlic knots

Don't shed a tear,
Straighten your hair net
Today we cook a delicious vinaigrette
Sweet onion rings, beets fully cooked
Hold the knife steady - don't get spooked

The scent of supper is flying like a demon
Tickling my nostrils with feathered wings
Like a long journey of bearded seaman
I arrive at the table- it’s time to eat.

Tech stuff:I used BIAB only for drums, which are RealDrums=128POP
Lead/Rhythm guitars- David Bell
Lyric editing - Ray C.
Midi / Halion Sonic synths
recorded in Cakewalk.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Oh, yeah, Anything with Dave Bell!! Great choice, Misha. Hahaha. I love those lyrics and the vocals. Great harmonies, and other assorted screams.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great collaboration guys! Misha, everything you do always has a unique and interesting sound to it! Plus you can't ever go wrong by having Dave's great guitar playing on a track!! Thanks, Torrey.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Misha. I always love the way you deliver the lyrics.
Love the lyrics and melody. What a great collab.
Congrats to all involved. Rob4580

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I liked the new elements we don't usually hear in your tunes, that really helped to refresh your work. Your style, I think, lends itself to this and I would do it whenever possible. Enjoyed it.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha,
mate, all I did was look at your lyrics and say - well done.
You had it sorted.
This is a fine track & Dave's playing really is the icing on the cake.
I enjoyed this very much.
Thanks for your generosity.
Thanks for the music.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Bapu,
thank you for listening and fun comments!
----
Torrey,
thank you for your support & feedback! Certainly, Dave took this tune a whole level higher!
---
Rob,
Thank you for giving this time and your positive comments!
---
TuneMonger,
Thank you! These type of tunes are pure fun to work on. Will take your advice smile
---
Ray,
Thank you for your support! I always trust your judgement when it comes to editing lyrics. You are always careful with structure making small, but very important comments and corrections that help me a lot!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Super start with Dave's guitar, it has very delicious heavy sound. Interesting chord progression in this Slavic blues. Nice idea to use spoken parts - brings bit Leonard Cohen to the sauce. Surprising subject for a blues song, makes me wanna eat smile I like the scary part, higlighted by the organ and the scream. Tasty collaboration, very balanced mix of talent, creativity and skills, more than sum of its ingredients.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Misha,

You cooked something nice from the ingredients Dave and Ray helped you with.
At the intro my mind flew to Black Velvet (same kind of rhythm), but then you came in with your strong and mysterious voice!
Very well done the three of you.

Now I try to cook that dinner you sang about...

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Super collaboration. Dave’s guitar is excellent. Super vocal backtrack. You and Ray did a great job on the lyrics. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha,

A tasty lyric!

Delicious music. Dave's guitar is icing on the cake.

Ingredients mixed well. Ray always seasons thing nicely.

Going back for seconds!!

Yum.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha / Dave

Super entertaining and a novel concept. Enjoyed the lyrics and of course Dave's excellent guitar work.

Top notch collaboration.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Thanks to everyone that mentioned my small part in this very cool song, and thanks to Misha for the invite. Lots of fun!

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I'm a weirdo who rarely cooks but loves watching cooking shows and reading cookbooks. This was a lot of fun. Mr. Bell is masterful. The song is none too serious (at least without major thought--hard to do when mouth watering) but delightfully "pompous" for lack of a better word. Very much enjoyed.

BIAB 2021 Audiophile. Windows 10 64bit. Songwriter, lyricist, composer(?) loving all styles. Some pre-BIAB music from Farfetched Tangmo Band's first CD. https://alonetone.com/tangmo/playlists/close-to-the-ground
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha,
Your sense of songwriting fun is irrepressible... and these clever lyrics belong in one of the wacky animation movies my son loves.
Love your vocal and those slices of Dave`s guitar on the side.
Another helping ( hold the onions) please!

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Janne,
"Slavic blues" smile new genre? Thank you for listening and your fun comments.
--
Hans,
Thank you for listening and your support! Poffertjes for me please.
--
FJ,
smile Thank you for fun comments!
--
Peter,
Thank you for listening and your support!
--
Dave,
It was a pleasure and an honor to have you on this tune!
--
Tangmo,
Thank you for your support and fun feedback! Maybe in the future we will have a little "gimme now" button on the TV... So you press it at final stage of cooking show, and Amazon drone delivers (a clone of) that meal by drone next few minutes..
--
Robert,
Thank you for listening and your kind comments!

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Misha / Dave / Ray,

Now that is different and extremely cool. A really creative and awesome collaboration...

Loved it!

Bob

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Really cool tune!! Cannot do better than to bring in blues session man Dave Bell!! Great stuff guys!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Surprisingly we are the first to mention Zappa!

The vocal, the lyric, guitar (Zappa was a great
guitar player) all give this that feel.

I (Bud) had a buddy who played bass with Frank so I
guess I have some notion of what I'm saying smile Maybe...

We enjoyed the lyric and the vocal/guitar performances!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Bob,
Thank you for listening and your support!
---
Greg,
Thank you! True, I got lucky with Dave smile
---
J&B,
Thank you for your support and mentioning great mr.Z.
That was not the intention, to do something inline, but I do have deep respect for that man smile

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,391
Posts732,469
Members38,440
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi, mmpartee
38,439 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195