Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#586771 03/20/20 10:40 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
https://soundcloud.com/user-770148857/be-sure-and-stay

Just a very simple song, not much to it really...

Style is _JIBBER.STY (Jibber Americana Folk Pop)

RealTracks in style: 2877:Bass, Acoustic, AmericanaSlow16thsByron Ev16 060
RealTracks in style: 1534:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm PopPowerPush8ths Ev 120
RealTracks in style: 3080:Mandolin, Rhythm AmericanaPop8thsAndy Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 3027:Vocal Oohs, Background Pop3-part Ev 085
RealDrums [in style:NashvillePop16^1-a:Snare, Hihat , b:Snare, Ride

Vocals are by a woman on fiverr who prefers to be unnamed

Lyrics:
I never thought that you could love me
I always thought that I'd be blue
Who'd a thunk a girl like me'd end up with you?
I wonder if you'll stay forever,
At least until I'm old and grey,
Then you can go do whatever, be on your way
I think that there's a force amazing in this universe of ours
That sets us on the course we're waging, will make us happy, joyful lovers
I know the things you like to do are,
Very different than mine,
It's okay to run away
If you're back in time
I'd like to take a trip together,
Somewhere that the weather's fine,
Or it could be gray and gloomy, I won't mind
There are quirky things about me,
Seems to me that you don't care,
Nothing that I've done has gotten in your hair
I think that there's a force amazing in this universe of ours
That sets us on the course we're waging, will make us happy, joyful lovers
That part about when we get older,
When we've gotten worn and gray,
Truth is I was only joking,
Be sure and stay.

Be sure and stay.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Simple song super vocal. Loved the backtrack

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
The woman doesn't want more work?
This song is an excellent work demo for her.
Lovely vocal, lyrics and backing.
Did you write the melody?

I'm always surprised by the American version of English's subtle differences when compared to the version I've grown with.
Where you write
"Very different than mine,"
I'd write
"Very different to mine"
and
when you write
"Be sure and stay."
I'd write "Be sure to stay."

No impact on the song but interestingly different.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Good writing, and she has a good voice. Nicely done!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"I think that there's a force amazing in this universe of ours
That sets us on the course we're waging, will make us happy, joyful lovers"

Nice writing!

A really nice song. Very well done.

Good vocals - well mixed.
Good backing tracks - also well mixed.

A really enjoyable listen...

fj

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi TuneMonger,

simple? Maybe, if compared to some others. But less good? Oh no, just on the contrary. VERY nice and cool tune, superbly arranged.

And that lascivious lady doesn't want her name to be published? Ha, I'm sure she's Marilyn Monroe's granddaughter. Oh boy, TuneMonger, you really were lucky to find her for singing your song.

Just top-notch - love it!

All the best and stay healthy!

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Tunemonger,

It's amazing what sweet vocals can add to a -relative- simple song. In a way nothing happens, no chorus, no bridges or whatever and still you hear a good song. One you have to pay attention to. I've listened to it several times, but that didn't changed my opinion. That means it's a good song...

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
A simple song but those are always the best songs. I love this song! It's so 60s. It something Nancy Sinatra could have sang. Outstanding writing and absolutely great vocals.

"I think that there's a force amazing in this universe of ours..."

Brilliant line.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Really nice sweet song. The singer's vocals fit the lyrics perfectly. Reminds me of some of the early 60s songs. She has a cute voice. Nice write!!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Simple song? The best kind! smile

Good find with the singer - she did an excellent job here.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks all, I appreciate the kind words about this one. I can't explain why my songs are either full of alcohol and angst or fluffy like this one. I don't know why. I'm glad everyone enjoyed the vocals, when I was auditioning demos, I heard hers and I said "That's it!" Her wish to be anonymous may be contractual, that has been the case with a couple other people I used on fiverr. There are several American Idol finalists on fiverr and airgig, just to let people know. They usually want more money than I want to put out, but are still pretty reasonable considering their talent. Anyway, thanks again!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
An excellent write- the melody so strong (its catchy familiarity part of the charm!) I didn`t notice the lack of a chorus `til the end.
The singer takes some of the "fluff" out of the song which gives it a modern/sexy twist.
Cool.

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
TuneMonger,
I like it! It can probably be mixed somewhat better, but overall the tune is awesome and catchy. Vocals of your mystery singer are spot on. Fun!

Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
A simple song? A wonderfully and refreshingly simple song, with soul-touching lyrics sung by a sweet and sensual soul. Simply superb, TuneMonger!

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
You found a great vocalist for your excellent lyric!

Simple and sweet and well produced.

At the risk of sounding trite there is a LOT
to like here. Really.

And we like that song structure also. A bit
different in a refreshing way.

Kudos!!

J&B

User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
TuneMonger,

Cool tune, terrific write—a nice throwback feel to this but still contemporary. Great lines in this one. Couldn’t stop listening to this—that vocal is so engaging. Just real nice balance to this. And the prosody and internal rhyme on that chorus really sells it. Great work!

All my best,

Deej

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
High TM ...

Your singer really nailed it for you! Of course, she had a great composition to work with. I enjoyed this a bunch. Wishing you ther very best ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Fantastic!! This has an irresistible groove and melody! Singer is great! This would be great for a film......it is catchy, whimsical, and JUST PLAIN GOOD!!! Love it!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Wow, I didn't expect this tune to get such great comments here! Thanks all! Of course, everyone here is positive and supportive, which makes it an easy place to be. So great we have this forum, especially right now when we all must isolate. I've seen some comments on other threads like, "Boredom is not something the forum users know." That is so true. When I'm not working on tunes, I'm writing a novel. I'm sure it will only be an electronic self-publish, but I'm determined to complete it. I am never bored. Thanks again, all, for keeping me motivated! (Criticism is fine, too, only way I'm going to learn.)

User Showcase
B
Expert
Expert
B
‘Tunemonger’…

Ohhh, I LIKE this song, Be Sure and Stay (an instantly memorable title, by the way)!!! It’s a delighful, distinctive, lovely thing to listen to. It seems to combine, or blend, the kind of dreamy, heavenly, late 50’s romantic ambience of Frankie Avalon’s 1959 recording of Venus with what I initially heard as a cool, lightly exotic, percussive, ‘island’ kind of style, until I noticed that the actual Real Style you used was “Americana Folk Pop’ – go figure!!!

I could easily imagine this song featured in any of the better-produced ‘beach’ movies of the 60’s, such as Where The Boys Are, or Blue Hawaii. It's that evocative of what is commonly described as a 'simpler time', whenever that was laugh.
Your singer has a strikingly cool, yet simultaneously warm and sensual (what a delicously complementary contradiction!!!) vocal quality and style that embraces the lyrics as though she were singing the words she wrote in a letter to the object of her desire. I’d love to hear her sing bossa nova classics such as The Girl From Ipanema, or Aruanda, composed by Carlos Lyra & Geraldo Vandré in 1965, or a new bossa nova song written by you, even smile.

‘Mystery Lady Singer’, it’s probably a good thing you choose to remain anonymous, ‘cause I believe that just about any of the regulars on the User’s Forum (including myself, of course), would be knocking on – no, banging on – no, digging a hole under -- your door , and begging you to book a studio recording date with them.

The melody is charming, the vocal Oo’s harmony is blue-sky beautiful, and the lyrics are sweet and innocently expressive of the romantic feelings they describe. They would fit as easily in a Valentine’s Day card as they do in your song, ‘Tunemonger’. I cannot wait to listen and re-listen to this song. I don’t think I could get tired of it.

Utterly refreshed by this song production,

LOREN (a.k.a. ‘bluage’)

Last edited by bluage; 03/29/20 09:32 PM.

"Music is what feelings sound like."-- borrowed from a Cakewalk Music Creator forum member, "Mamabear".
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,394
Posts732,487
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195