This song is special, as it is the first song Chris and I ever recorded. There are two versions presented here. The first is Chris singing this special song, a song he wrote for the father-daughter dance, which was played at his daughter’s wedding. He originally wanted to sing it live, but knew he would just get too choked up, so we went to a local studio to record it. It is only two instrumental tracks (Chris playing fingerpick guitar on his Ovation, and me playing a strings pad on my electronic keyboard). Chris sings the lead vocal and I sing the background vocal.

On Your Wedding Day (Chris Werle, vocal)

When my very good friend Steve’s first daughter, Beth, got married, he wanted to do a version of the song, as well. (Steve also sang with us in our church praise band, The Apostolic Band.) I didn’t have Chris’ guitar fingerpicking at the time (he was unavailable), so this version had to be done in MIDI, and is a more full arrangement. Steve then again used it for the father-daughter dance at his second daughter, Jenny’s, wedding. Our families have been very close since the girls were very young, and now the daughters each have two kids of their own.

On Your Wedding Day (Steve Hein, vocal)

Initial BIAB Style – _SEARC – 12-String Guitar Pop

Track #1 – RT2483: Bass, Acoustic, Bowed, HeldSimple Ev 085
Track #2 – RT2475: Bass, Acoustic, HeldSimple Ev 085
Track #3 – RealDrums-CountryEven8
Track #4 – RT1841: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Celtic Air Ev 085 (from the _SEARC style)
Track #5 – RT1841: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Celtic Air Ev 085 (from the _SEARC style)
Track #6 – RT365: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
Track #7 – RT1680: Guitar, 12-String Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
Track #8 – RT2217: Guitar, nylon, Fingerpicking, CountryBrent Ev 085
Track #9 – RT1595: Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking, Pop8thsSteady Ev 065
Track #10 – RT2507: String Quartet, RhythmPopEvenChamber Ev 120
Track #11 – RT2290: Horn Section, Rhythm SlowPop Ev 16 065
Track #12 – MIDI Guitar (Nylon) using Kontakt VSTi (Indiginus Renaxxance Nylon Guitar)
Track #13 – MIDI Guitar (Steel) using Kontakt VSTi (Indiginus Renegade Acoustic Guitar)
Track #14 – MIDI Strings (Treble) using Orchestral Companion Strings VSTi (Ens Strings Espressivo)
Track #15 – MIDI Strings (Bass) using Orchestral Companion Strings VSTi (Ens Strings Espressivo)

Steve sings lead vocal, and Steve and John sing the background vocal part, which were all run through Melodyne 4 to pull it a little better in tune, with slight reverb using Anwida Soft Reverb Light VST.

=============================================================
On Your Wedding Day
by Chris Werle and John Ford
Copyright © 1999 by Chris Werle and John Ford

Not long ago, you were just a child, a little bit coy, and a little bit wild.
Chasing fire flies, at the end of a warm summer day.
Always so fearless and eager to try, spreading your wings like a bird on the fly.
Riding that two wheel, dreaming of roles yet to play.
And now you're here with me tonight, nothing else could make me feel so right
As dancing with you to this song, on your wedding day.

Life's road has led you to this special night. A satin gown, in the pale moonlight.
Shimmering softly, like the sunlight at the break of day.
With a will that's strong and a heart that's true,
A fine young man has pledged his love to you.
Tomorrow you start out, eager to be on your way.

But now you're here with me tonight, nothing else could make me feel so right

On your wedding day, you formed a bond so rare, (bond so rare)
Nothing else can compare (can compare) to the promise you made today.
And now, in your smile we see (smile we see)
The dream that was meant to be (meant to be)
And the life that you two will share.

Not long ago, you were just a child, a little bit coy, and a little bit wild.
Chasing fire files, at the end of a warm summer day.
And now you're here with me tonight, nothing else could make me feel so right
Just dancing with you to this song, on your wedding day.

=============================================================

Since I’ve been teleworking since March 2020 (as a result of the Coronavirus pandemic), that has afforded me time at home to work on all the original songs my buddy Chris Werle and I (John Ford) have written. Chris wrote the lyrics, chords, and melody. I then transcribe it into notation, since Chris doesn’t read music. I then write the harmonies, most of the instrumental solos and/or counter melodies, arrange all the instruments, and put everything together.

All songs started in Band-in-a-Box (and some of them are over 20 years old). Then they were worked up in either PowerTracks Pro or RealBand. Since Chris and I live in different states now, I had to rely on previously recorded vocals and his guitar playing from old PowerTracks or RealBand .SEQ files. Because of limitations in RealBand with some VSTi’s, I did have to export the some of the MIDI tracks out of RealBand and render them to audio in Cakewalk (for those that RealBand didn’t render properly), after which I would bring the audio back into RealBand. But most of the songs and the final mix were exclusively rendered from RealBand.

My goal here is to post one song each day until all 26 of the songs have been posted. Some have been posted previously, but I have gone back and reworked all of them, so they are all new mixes and are different from what was originally posted.

Most of the songs are Christian in nature, so if that’s not your thing, that’s fine. But it’s our thing. So without further ado, here is the music.

John

Laptop-HP Omen I7 Win11Pro 32GB 2x2TB, 1x4TB SSD
Desktop-ASUS-I7 Win10Pro 32GB 2x1.5TB, 2x2TB, 1x4TB SATA

BB2024/UMC404HD/Casios/Cakewalk/Reaper/Studio One/MixBus/Notion/Finale/Dorico/Noteworthy/NI/Halion/IK

http://www.sus4chord.com