Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#143249 12/25/11 10:06 AM
User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Another BIAB/RB tune (all except for the lead guitar, horns and vocal). Love these programs!
Merry Christmas to all.

http://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=11315357

Regards,

Bob

At The Crossroads

©2011 Robert Randall Burke

Standing at the crossroads
Of Pleasure and Pain
Both roads lead back to you
But I can't go again
Something so perfect
Can be perfectly wrong
You filled me with weakness
But now I must be strong.

I remember Amarillo
The night that you stayed
We danced in the moonlight
While mariachis played
We were young and in love
But love does not last
Now I'm standing at the crossroads
Of the future and the past.

The road that I'm on does not lead me home
The road that I'm on
I must walk alone.

Key=C , Tempo 100, Length (m:s)=14:33
No intro. 120 bar chorus, from bar 1 to bar 120. Repeat x3 choruses
No Melody
No Soloist track.
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Soloist is saved with the song : Herbie H. Blues(even 8s)Pno (51)
Style is _POPCAL2.STY (Pop Calypso w/ Electric Guitar 2)
Style MIDI Instruments are :
RealTracks in style: 1174:Bass, Electric, PopCalypso Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 1173:Accordion, Rhythm PopCalypso Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 1175:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm PopCalypso Ev 100
RealTracks in style: 1176:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm PopCalypso Ev 100
RealDrums in Style: PopCalypso^6-OpenHat,WashyRide

90 dB #143250 12/25/11 11:28 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
bob, wonderful song! nice story line. good writing and choice of instruments. thanks for sharing.

90 dB #143251 12/25/11 11:39 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Good one Bob, nice arrangement and vocals.

Chris
User Showcase
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
Excellent work Bob, the simple lead guitar is perfect in the mix. My least favorite part is the drums, i just don't like the beat for this song for some reason. Maybe another listen will settle it in.

Your mix is right on, with maybe on change, a tiny bit and i mean tiny bit less reverb on the vocal.

The kind of reverb is right, just a very very bit to much.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks for listening guys, and your kind comments.

Rob, I am a recovering reverbaholic. I am trying, but it's an uphill battle.

Regards,

Bob

90 dB #143254 12/25/11 08:57 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Bob,

I really like this alot. The beat makes me want to dance. I love the vocal. Maybe a little less verb but I didn't mind that. Great guitar and horns. The lyrics are simple and powerful.

Well done!

User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Josie,

Thanks for listening and your kind comments. Wishing you and Robert a great Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Regards,

Bob

90 dB #143256 12/26/11 06:24 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I enjoyed my listen -- good stuff. You make good arrangements in BIAB! Reverb is just a bit heavy, just cut that back a tad. (I wrote this next part over at JPF) Song construction wise, I would consider a "refrain" of some sort at the end of each verse (maybe Now I'm standing at the crossroads Of the future and the past) and I would look to change the lyrics somehow in verse 3 (instead of just repeating verse 1).

The lead break is perfect.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Bob,
Wish I had a voice that good. A great song, superb mix and sound quality. A beautiful Country feel. I'll be playing it more.
Happy New Year.
Jeff

User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

I enjoyed my listen -- good stuff. You make good arrangements in BIAB! Reverb is just a bit heavy, just cut that back a tad. (I wrote this next part over at JPF) Song construction wise, I would consider a "refrain" of some sort at the end of each verse (maybe Now I'm standing at the crossroads Of the future and the past) and I would look to change the lyrics somehow in verse 3 (instead of just repeating verse 1).

The lead break is perfect.

Thanks Kevin. I was going for a vintage vibe with the verb (probably used too much!). As for the structure, I am intentionally trying to get away from conventional structure (AABA, etc.); whether it's detrimental to the song or not. It's very liberating. Some of these songs, like this one, are merely exercises in composition and not intended for the market. If I only wrote with the intent of being commercial, I think I would go mad.

I appreciate your taking the time to listen and comment.

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Quote:

Hi Bob,
Wish I had a voice that good. A great song, superb mix and sound quality. A beautiful Country feel. I'll be playing it more.
Happy New Year.
Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Happy New Year to you as well!

Regards,

Bob

90 dB #143260 12/26/11 09:35 AM
User Showcase
R
Veteran
Veteran
R
I like the composition to the song very much, short and to the point, not over done. I keeper.

Lenovo Win 10 16 gig ram, Mac mini with 16 gig of ram, BiaB 2022, Realband, Harrison Mixbus 32c version 9.1324, Melodyne 5 editor, Presonus Audiobox 1818VSL, Presonus control app, Komplete 49 key controller.
90 dB #143261 12/26/11 09:59 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice Job Bob ,very country indeed !

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hey Bob,

This is a really cool song. I enjoyed it very much. Love the lyrics...

Peace and Happy New Year.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice tune, well written.

As others have mentioned, the mix needs adjusting - but that bit's deceptively harder than it seems.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
90 dB #143264 12/26/11 03:19 PM
User Showcase
T
Journeyman
Journeyman
T
Even though Im a Brit I love country this is country.Lyrics are great but hope you dont mind me saying the one line "but love does not last" might be better on a personal view "but that(or our) love did not last" as saying love does not last gives the impression that no love everlasts.Loved the song\lyrics and that true country voice.Cheers Frankie

AMD Athlon 7550 dual core
processor 2.51 ghz
1 87 gb ram
windows 7 Ultimate
yamaha rev 500 effects
tacam DP-24 DAW
Samson Resolv NF monitors
Yamaha PSR-620 Keyboard
Fender semi accoustic guitar
User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks guys.

Regards,

Bob

90 dB #143266 12/28/11 10:44 AM
User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Hi Bob,

Yet again you've come up with a belter!! The lyrics are superb tho I have to agree with Frankie that "Our love did not last" or something like it would be better.

Now I understand your comments about writing commercial material and that's fine. But this is too good a song to waste.

Now you've written what you want, why not write a commercial version?

Just write a chorus and this is a winner all the way! Please do - you deserve it!!

All the very best.

Martin

Music is what feelings sound like.
User Showcase
90 dB Offline OP
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks for the kind words Martin. I think this is a little too "retro" to get a cut these days. If you heard Country music in the States right now, it sounds nothing like this. It's actually rock with a Southern drawl.

As for "commercial"; we've decided not to post any of the stuff we're actually pitching from now on, for a variety of reasons. We will, however, post some of these ditties from time to time just for kicks.

I'm having so much fun with BIAB/RB I just can't stop! What used to take me 6 months to do now takes a couple of hours. Incredible software.

Hope you and yours have a Happy New Year!

Regards,

Bob

90 dB #143268 12/31/11 03:45 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Did I say that henceforth you shall be known as "Pinky?"

Man, that doesn't fit this song at all! You'll just have to be "Floyd"... that works in both genres.
:0

seriously, a very nice song. More!

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,397
Posts732,533
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 200