Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
HI BOYS AND GIRLS! - such a warm return welcome. I want to thank my ol' bud Dani (from the country whose educational system is considered tops in the world and getting a lot of media attention here), Al and Di (who are writing novels too? - wow!), my man MarioD (who has a tremendous track up now), omni-musician Guenter, piano man Trevor, heavy hitters Janice and Bud, Josie C, and Josie Sundance (I thought that Coolmeister is one of the most amazing compliments I've ever received, whether it's true or not). Greg Johnson gave a very warm reception, as did ... last but never least, Floyd, who triggered an idea for this post.

First, however, I want to explain something that Alyn commented on. sick The Zombies mad . Hey - originally, I was going to use this title:

......................................ALIENS REVEAL MIRACLE DIET!!

but the happiness connection didn't seem clear enough. Obviously, I'm shamelessly willing to use any title I can to get listeners. After all, you were curious, no?

Speaking of heavy hitters, Floyd made a reference to a cat in his greeting. Now, as you all know, the cat doesn't come alone. I'm not talking about what the cat might be dragging in. There's something that's as closely attached to it as its tail, something so unique that it's been adopted for well known commercial use. I'm talking about my all RealBand version of

.....................................................CATWALK

Last edited by aleck rand; 09/20/14 08:38 AM. Reason: corrected terrible grammar

Sweetwater Creation Station. BIAB 2018, Mixcraft 8 Pro Studio, Izotope Nektar 2, Ozone 8, KEYBOARDS: Kurzweil Artis 7, Crumar MOJO, Hammond XK-3, BASSES (fretted & fretless by Ibanez, LTD, Warwick. GUITARS by Guild, Gretsch, Ibanez, Eastwood (12 string)
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Another tasty production!! Always love hearing what you're doing. This is no exception. Great stuff!! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
P
Veteran
Veteran
P
Another outstanding production, love the uptempo and the horns sound awesome; thanks for sharing!

My Tunes

Psalm 57:7 My heart, O God, is steadfast, my heart is steadfast; I will sing and make music.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dean...

MAN! That is a great listen!

That can't be all RTs, can it? The horns? WHAT ARE THEY??????

Totally Awesome. One of your best!

So very lively.

floyd

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Dean,
Originally Posted By: floyd jane

MAN! That is a great listen!

That can't be all RTs, can it? The horns? WHAT ARE THEY??????

Totally Awesome. One of your best!

So very lively.

Is there any RT except the drums?

Guenter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Sorry Dean - its says "this track not available on SoundCloud mobile" so it will have wait till we get back to UK.
Very best regards
Ian
PS HC STILL getting Hits!!

Old Guys Rule.The older I get,the better I was!
BB2023 ULTRA, 1013, Win 7 and 10

ALL TRACKS - https://app.box.com/s/501rnzrbadng1elvi45hbf7y08kl5oxp
SOUNDCLOUD-tracks using BB-
http://soundcloud.com/sixchannel
Videos-
https://youtube.com/user/Sixchannel1
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
hi dean great listen plus +10 guitar chops are on fire well done thanks eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
HI Dean ...

WooHoo ... we're loving the energy in this! And that's some mighty fine fretwork. And that bass line is killer! This is beyond cool ... so much talent on display in this one. Do wish your guitar work was just a tad louder in the mix.

We always love Latin percussion and that Latin piano is super, too. Not a thing not to like here. Great stuff!

Alan & Di

PS: Two more novels in the works ... one active on Amazon right now!

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Dean! Powerful, sensational playing, great dynamics and variation throughout. Full of surprises that one. Up to your usual high standards.

Really enjoyed the lively mix, great blend of Latin and polyrythms, and went out with a bang too.

Thanks

Trevor

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), SonarPlatinum, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, SynthogyIvory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer ActiveMonitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Amazing. Just amazing. Loved it Dean.

Josie

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dean this is super great Latin funk jazz!

Man you have great chops! Super composition and mix here IMHO.

This is a keeper!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Floyd and Guenter: I just knew I couldn't casually sneak those horns past the likes of you two. My text intro to Catwalk had gotten too long, so I figured I'd wait for the inevitable and then respond.

This summer I had - hang on for it - one actual gig ! I hope I spelled it right, it's been that long. One tune in a concert of many performers. Catwalk has a fearsome rep as a crowd-pleaser, so I suggested to my buds, "Yeah, let's do that one."

In order to recreate the tune for the Forum, I had Eddie Street (ts), Joe Sarno (tpt), Ron Brown (tb) and Willie Gomes (lp) record their parts in a garage (acoustics not so good). I couldn't coordinate with the others so I redid the piano and bass parts myself. The guitar solo is pretty much what I played at the concert.

The drums are a combination of several RD's with a lot of editing to get the syncopation, swinging, rock and latin parts positioned correctly.

After a brief, futile effort to get BIAB to cope with it, I gave up and decided to work on just the RealDrums. All the trial and error took the most time, but I'm just as interested in finding tunes that BIAB can't handle as the ones that it can.

Once again, I'm really glad you liked it!

Dean

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
My Man Mario!

Thanks for your kind words. Hey, that's a great pic of you. What's that guitar you got there?

Dean

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Thank you PGF. Very kind of you to respond positively.

Dean

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Dean !:))

This is without doubt
your best so far !!!
I was completely taken
aback by your Bachesque
fugalike pianopickin´too !
As always, everything
outside RT:s are just sublime
playing !!!:))

Congrats Dean !:))

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Just smokin' all the way through with "on fire" guitar, indeed.

Great mix. Man, we'd get out the wallet to hear a set of that stuff.

Enjoyed the back story also.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I would have liked to have been at the gig, man.

You must spend a long time slicing and dicing the Real Drums to achieve this.

+1 for all the other comments

Alyn

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Josie,

You are so consistently kind. I have a question for you that I'll send in a PM. I'm lucky guy to have listeners as astute as you.

Dean

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Dani - thank you ol' pal. The best is yet to come!

Dean

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Alyn,

I couldn't have said it better myself. Slicin' 'n' dicin' them drums ... for hours. Luckily, I like doing that kind of stuff. And I'm glad you liked CATWALK.

Dean

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,306
Posts731,340
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213