Page 1 of 2 1 2
#329928 01/07/16 12:25 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi all,

A Happy New Year!

I made a song once for the poem titled "Hatsu Koi" ("First Love" in English) by Toson Shimazaki, a well-known poet and novelist in Japan around 100 years ago.

I personally like this song very much. I was afraid, however, it may not suitable for the forum members because its lyrics are in old Japanese, so I decided to introduce its instrumental version here.

I have made up this song as classical-style music performed by strings only. I hope you can enjoy the song as a completely independent one from the original vocal version.

https://soundcloud.com/hirokata1121/first-love-instrumental-version

Song summary

Title: First Love (Instrumental Version)
Genre: Classical
Key:C Tempo: 85
Style: STR_QT44.STY (Simple String Quartet 4/4 Style) for the first half, and CHAMBER1.STY (Chamber 1 Orch.) for the second half.
Sonar X3 is used for instrument re-assignment to MIDI tracks and some final tuning.

If you have any interest in the original vocal version, you can find it at:

https://soundcloud.com/hirokata1121/first-love-vocal-version

It is much simpler than the instrumental version. Style is KLADRMAN.STY (Kladerman Piano Style) and that's all except a synth voice (Yamaha Vocaloid 'Mew') is used for the vocal track.

Last edited by HiroshiK; 01/07/16 03:05 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention.
HiroshiK #329960 01/07/16 04:25 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Oh, feel free to sing in Japanese, I would like to hear that. I also understand that the Japanese don't rhyme as much as their western counterparts -- is that true?

Nice composition and a mighty fine listen this morning.

Edited: Just listened to the vocaloid version (was that there this morning? If so, I missed it!). The vocal sounds pretty natural. I like that.

Last edited by Kemmrich; 01/07/16 08:24 AM.

Now at bandcamp: Crows Say Vee-Eh @ bandcamp or soundcloud: Kevin @ soundcloud
HiroshiK #329991 01/07/16 07:45 AM
User Showcase
SRP Offline
Journeyman
Journeyman
Beautiful song and I can see why it is one of your favorites. First loves are rarely if ever forgotten and your music lets me sit back and think of that time when I first fell in love. I enjoyed both versions and I was very eager to hear your vocaloid to which you did a great job of producing. I find vocaloids very interesting and I even looked into it at one time.
Sonny

HiroshiK #330033 01/07/16 10:53 AM
User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Very pretty music!! Really like the arrangement and mix. Enjoyed much!! Take care. Greg

Kemmrich #330162 01/08/16 06:00 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi Kemmrich,

Thank you for your feedback.

Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
Oh, feel free to sing in Japanese, I would like to hear that. I also understand that the Japanese don't rhyme as much as their western counterparts -- is that true?

I am glad to hear it.

Yes, that is true. Another uniqueness of Japanese when used in songs is that usually each note accommodates only one mono tone as you can hear in the vocal version.

Originally Posted By: Kemmrich
Nice composition and a mighty fine listen this morning.

Edited: Just listened to the vocaloid version (was that there this morning? If so, I missed it!). The vocal sounds pretty natural. I like that.

Thank you again. In the last part of my original post included the link to the vocal version but I forgot to mention Vocaloid thing, so added it later.

I am happy to know you like the vocal version as well as Mew's voice. My only effort in using her voice in my song was just to make it as natural as possible. Actually it was not big effort at all.

Hiroshi

SRP #330166 01/08/16 06:14 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: SRP
Beautiful song and I can see why it is one of your favorites. First loves are rarely if ever forgotten and your music lets me sit back and think of that time when I first fell in love. I enjoyed both versions and I was very eager to hear your vocaloid to which you did a great job of producing. I find vocaloids very interesting and I even looked into it at one time.
Sonny

Hi Sonny,

Thank you for your feedback. I fully agree with what you mentioned about first loves. I am happy to know you enjoyed the vocaloid version as well. I like Mew's voice very much. It is very natural and soothing.

Hiroshi

Greg Johnson #330167 01/08/16 06:16 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Very pretty music!! Really like the arrangement and mix. Enjoyed much!! Take care. Greg

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you like my song.

Hiroshi

HiroshiK #330288 01/09/16 01:01 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert

Very relaxing listening.
the music is very well played and the strings sound is great

Sergio

Sergio
HiroshiK #330303 01/09/16 04:17 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful song. Very peaceful

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Sergio Guarneri

Very relaxing listening.
the music is very well played and the strings sound is great

Sergio

Thank you. I am glad you like my music. Hiroshi

Scott C #330416 01/09/16 01:54 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Originally Posted By: Scottt709
Beautiful song. Very peaceful

Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed my song. Hiroshi

HiroshiK #330417 01/09/16 02:01 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Hiroshi !

This is a very beautiful tune
and referring to the title, I
do agree with those who say
that you´ll never forget your first love !!!

I was even lucky to get to marry my
first love and to go beside her
for 42 years till her death !

Cheers
Dani

PS

I have a cat like the one in
your avatar ! Her name is Naomi

dani48 #330453 01/09/16 06:31 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi Dani,

Thank you for your comment.

Yes, I believe first loves have very special meaning to men and are forgettable even when they are old age.

You are a lucky man indeed wink

I have two cats; Mari and Sara. My avatar is made from Sara's silhouette.
They are so cute. "Homage to Cats" were originally made for them.

Say hello to Naomi smile It sounds like a Japanese name.

Hiroshi

HiroshiK #331045 01/13/16 05:32 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Hiroshi,

I enjoyed it. As others have said, it's a nicely relaxing and peaceful track.

Regards,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
Noel96 #331084 01/13/16 01:32 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi Noel,

Thank you for your comment. I am glad you enjoyed my music.

Hiroshi

HiroshiK #331100 01/13/16 04:35 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
I enjoyed listening to the Vocaloid version. Don't worry about posting Japanese songs - a little variety is nice!

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
HiroshiK #331125 01/13/16 09:31 PM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi David,

Thank you for your comment and encouragement. I am more than happy to know you enjoyed the Vocaloid version. I will also continue posting Japanese songs from now on. Thank you again.

Hiroshi

HiroshiK #331487 01/16/16 03:35 AM
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hiroshi,
This is simply beautiful! I prefer the vocal version.
I'm quite excite about having you be a traditional Japanese style and culture to the forum. We all learn from each other and your postings will be very interesting and entertaining.
I'm looking forward to hearing your next song.
SpaceDog

HiroshiK #331503 01/16/16 04:26 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice.... I listened to the vocal version.

The vocaloid works extremely well in certain styles of music and THIS is one of them. The lack of English I think is what makes this work. I suspect they would also work well in Celtic music.

Nice pleasing song

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
HiroshiK #331505 01/16/16 04:38 AM
User Showcase
Journeyman
OP Offline
Journeyman
Hi SpaceDog,

Thank you for your comment. I am happy to have your message. I am not sure if I could represent Japanese traditional music or style, but I should be able to send you something different or Japanese-like. As a matter of fact, every time my wife finishes listening to my new song, she always say it is of Japanese style though I do not think so. Maybe I am wrong smile

Needless to say but the vocal version of the song is absolutely of Japanese style smile

Hiroshi

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,587
Posts734,745
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Krystal Mcclain, Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex
38,500 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 191