Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Sometimes, you just gotta let the BAND go full steam ahead..

And...

SOMETIMES YOU GOTTA GO FISHIN'

get up in the morning throw some coffee in the tank
gotta hit the cleaners, gotta make it to the bank
red lights, stop signs, driving like a jerk
pedal to the metal, cause i gotta get to work
sometimes you forget what you've been missin'
sometimes you just gotta go fishin'

lunchtime, run around, gotta grab a bite
fast food's too slow, i got no appetite
stop'n'go.. texaco.. gotta get some gas
bait shop, eavesdrop, how to catch a bass
sometimes you've got to be reported missin'
'cause sometimes you just gotta go fishin'

sometimes you just gotta kick back
   throw a cold six in an old paper sack
   dust off the pole, head to the lake
   spend the day dreamin' and wishin'
   'cause sometimes....you gotta go fishin'

work's done, gettin' home, daylight almost gone
i gotta lead the little league, i gotta mow the lawn
phone's ringing off the hook, i ain't got the time
gotta find a tackle box, gotta wet a line
sometimes you've got to alter your condition
'cause sometimes you just gotta go fishin'

sometimes you just gotta kick back
   throw a cold six in an old paper sack
   dust off the pole, head to the lake
   spend the day dreamin' and wishin'
   'cause sometimes....you gotta go fishin'

sometimes....you just gotta go fishin'

Harmonies by the janettes
Janice Merritt - You are THE BEST!!!
(Bud - you, too! - Thanks for your behind-the-scenes!)

And the rest of the BAND....

RealDrums in Song: NashvilleEven8^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride
RealTracks in style: 1693:Bass, Electric, CountryDrivin8thsA-B Ev 150
RealTracks in style: 1697:Pedal Steel, Rhythm CountryDrivin8ths Ev 150
RealTracks in song: 1718:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm TexasBluesRockStraightBrent Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 845:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm CountryRockPopping Ev 120 (A:sync)
RealTracks in song: 2151:Piano, Acoustic, Rhythm NewOrleansBoogieKevin Ev 165
RealTracks in song: 2152:Piano, Acoustic, Soloist NewOrleansBoogieKevin Ev 165
RealTracks in song: 1733:Guitar, Electric, Soloist TexasBluesRockNRollBrent Ev 165

Comments encouraged.
Thanks for listening.

floyd

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
No surprise here, you make it again, another great song, another great performance, another fantastic arrangement with the realtracks, another absolutly profesional mix...

You are the gold man!

Congratulations...again ;-)

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
This is a really exhilarating song, Floyd! It is a bit of a departure from some of your recent "listening-room singer-song-writer" offerings... this one is all band stand and beer breath... LIVE music, you know what ah'm talkin' 'bout?

And given the topic, I can't imagine this song failing to drive any crowd to the dance floor. It might even inspire some geeks to go fishin'. (OK, maybe not. Geeks is geeks.)

The cadence of the lyrics is reminiscent of Eddie Rabbit's "Drivin' My Life Away"... a song that is a perennial favorite with gigging musicians... exactly because it always fills the dance floor.

Floyd, you have that magic! My soul is in greater danger of being traded to the devil than it was after the last song. I really can't believe how quickly you transition from one masterful work to the next. It boggles my mind. The selection of your word choices in these lyrics... "Drivin' like a jerk... gotta get to work" That's awesome!

And the way you used drums at the start of the song... even as a long term user, I can't understand how you pulled that off. I think that after adding up all my favorite things (can everything be the favorite? Apparently!) my "favorite" favorite part of this is the ENERGY! That doesn't happen automatically... you have to understand how the elements of composition build tension... and you da master, Floyd!

PS... this is one of your songs that I'd like permission to cover

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Fun song!! Love the playfulness, love the clever rhymes, love the sentiment-Ain't it the truth! Same kind of message as my song The Right Lane of Life. As usual, a real treat to listen to! Take care. Greg

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
This one fits your vocals very well and captures the live band feel. Enjoyed it.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
That's what I'm talkin about!!! A smokin toe-tapper! This is the quintessential lesson in picking out real tracks to fit the song. Look at all the different genres used- Country drivin, Country Rock, New Orleans, Texas Blues. Now that is a smorgasbord of American styles. Arranged with great skill-i.e. the bang-bang double stops at the end of the choruses. Some great lines ( drivin like a jerk ) Masterful on all fronts-Writing,arranging,vocals, production,mix. You've done it again! Great listen, Tom

User Showcase
ROG Offline
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd.

Now some might call it Country, but that's what I call Rock & Roll!

Classic bass line, great guitar work and basically a first class song.

Great vocals again by both you and Janice.

Had to re-wind to pick up the phrase at the end, which Tom obviously caught too. A nice touch.

ROG.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Floyd !:))

It is completely impossible
to sit still listening to this
rocker !:))))) huh....you
really got me sweatn´man.....

My favorite rocker of yours...

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
J
Enthusiast
Enthusiast
J
Wow. Great song. I agree with Charlie, really sounds like a live band. Impressive.

Thanks for sharing it.

-Jeff

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: tommyad
That's what I'm talkin about!!! A smokin toe-tapper! This is the quintessential lesson in picking out real tracks to fit the song. Look at all the different genres used- Country drivin, Country Rock, New Orleans, Texas Blues. Now that is a smorgasbord of American styles. Arranged with great skill-i.e. the bang-bang double stops at the end of the choruses. Some great lines ( drivin like a jerk ) Masterful on all fronts-Writing,arranging,vocals, production,mix. You've done it again! Great listen, Tom

What he said. A lot of work went into this bad boy.

That reminds me. The specks are bitin'. grin

Regards,

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Rafa T
No surprise here, you make it again, another great song, another great performance, another fantastic arrangement with the realtracks, another absolutly profesional mix...

You are the gold man!

Congratulations...again ;-)

Rafa - thank you for all of that...

Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
This is a really exhilarating song, Floyd! It is a bit of a departure from some of your recent "listening-room singer-song-writer" offerings... this one is all band stand and beer breath... LIVE music, you know what ah'm talkin' 'bout?

And given the topic, I can't imagine this song failing to drive any crowd to the dance floor. It might even inspire some geeks to go fishin'. (OK, maybe not. Geeks is geeks.)

The cadence of the lyrics is reminiscent of Eddie Rabbit's "Drivin' My Life Away"... a song that is a perennial favorite with gigging musicians... exactly because it always fills the dance floor.

Floyd, you have that magic! My soul is in greater danger of being traded to the devil than it was after the last song. I really can't believe how quickly you transition from one masterful work to the next. It boggles my mind. The selection of your word choices in these lyrics... "Drivin' like a jerk... gotta get to work" That's awesome!

And the way you used drums at the start of the song... even as a long term user, I can't understand how you pulled that off. I think that after adding up all my favorite things (can everything be the favorite? Apparently!) my "favorite" favorite part of this is the ENERGY! That doesn't happen automatically... you have to understand how the elements of composition build tension... and you da master, Floyd!

PS... this is one of your songs that I'd like permission to cover

Pat - What a nice review!... Thanks.. The Band is darn good at doing the rockin' thang...

The opening drums don't take a lot... just a bit of thought as to what you want to happen. I grabbed a "flourish" from the drum track and pasted it (on another track in my DAW) where the count-in would normally be. The first couple of lines are then sung over a kick on each beat - a sample that I pasted in that extra track - directly under where the kick or snare happens in the drum track, so you get that human timing - and, of course, turn the drum track off during that section - and a flourish coming out of that into the next line..

You are welcome to cover this! Let me know if you want the SGU...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

You are really on fire... Another winner!

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Floyd,

+1 Love all the instruments in the arrangement and the vocals are infectious with fun. Sounds great to me.

Makes me wanna go fishin and I don't even like to fish.

Josie

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
the more I listen to this song, the more impressed I am Floyd. You have been nailing the song writing thang for the whole time you've been on this forum.. even longer... you were good before you came here... but THIS song really shows an incredible mastery of the software too!

You intuitively know what the song needs to have, and where it needs to reside.. and now you also have the technical ability to figure out how to make things happen that are way over and above what the software does automatically!

I think of all the nay-sayers who act as though using BIAB is a cop-out.. as though you press a button and a masterpiece emerges the first time. What you are doing here is high creativity in a bunch of different directions at the same time!

You wear all the hats, and you wear them well. The industry savvy to understand what elements need to exist, and how the whole project needs to develop cohesively in order to achieve the desired effect... all that is only PART of what sets you apart from the rest of us.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd,

A very catchy and energetic song.
This one stands like a rock!
Janice's backing vocals are first class.
And having had both a grandfather and a father who went fishing very often and a son who likes it too, I can surely relate to this....

Anne-Marie

We are Rob Meulman and Anne-Marie Bovenkamp from The Netherlands.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1gsdNLE7_Gy8qavoOplQow/videos
http://rnam.net/

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
cool tune.... It rocks ....that's for sure.

Yep.... it's not about the fishing so much... just the disconnect from society it provides....I fish on occasion but more often I enjoy sitting in a tree with a bow or a gun and just enjoying the day..... no phone, no worries, and the only time clock is the sun going down...

Yep, great song....

You can find my music at:
www.herbhartley.com
Add nothing that adds nothing to the music.
You can make excuses or you can make progress but not both.

The magic you are looking for is in the work you are avoiding.
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Greg Johnson
Fun song!! Love the playfulness, love the clever rhymes, love the sentiment-Ain't it the truth! Same kind of message as my song The Right Lane of Life. As usual, a real treat to listen to! Take care. Greg

Thanks, Greg. (So glad you are here!!!)

Originally Posted By: c_fogle
This one fits your vocals very well and captures the live band feel. Enjoyed it.
Charlie

Thanks, Charlie... whatcha working on?

Originally Posted By: tommyad

Tom - appreciate that... it is amazing what PG has provided for us to use.... if only I could go back 20 years and take this all with me...

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
WOW!

I'm like Foghorn Leghorn here trying form a sensible sentence!

That song RAWKED,and as Josie wrote it makes me wanna go fishing and I NEVER got into that as a kid, too wet and miserable 'round here!

In my live playing days I would have given my soul to play in a band like that, on piano YEH!!!!!

That IS what I am talking about

"standing ovation"

Alyn

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: ROG
Hi Floyd.
Now some might call it Country, but that's what I call Rock & Roll!
Classic bass line, great guitar work and basically a first class song.
Great vocals again by both you and Janice.
Had to re-wind to pick up the phrase at the end, which Tom obviously caught too. A nice touch.

ROG.

ROG - thanks for the delightful visit....

Originally Posted By: dani48
Hi, Floyd !:))
It is completely impossible
to sit still listening to this
rocker !:))))) huh....you
really got me sweatn´man.....

My favorite rocker of yours...Cheers Dani

Thanks, Dani! Keep dancin' & rockin'!....

Originally Posted By: JPeden73
Wow. Great song. I agree with Charlie, really sounds like a live band. Impressive.

Thanks for sharing it. -Jeff

Thanks, Jeff - appreciate that....

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Floyd,

I'm still out of breath from listening. I think just gotta go fishin'.
This is an earworm. Great performance. Regards to Janice.

Guenter

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,389
Posts732,447
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195