Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
It seems like I have a day or two off every couple of months lately! We had an ice storm here a couple days ago, and I was able to crank out a new song. Mostly RealTracks/Realdrums, with the orchestration and piano sounds added using EastWest. Hope you enjoy this one!

SoundCloud...
I Love You (I Do) - SoundCloud
Video...
I Love You (I Do) - Video

I plan on listening to some of the great songs I've been missing out on for the past couple months, and commenting on them over the next few days.

I Love You (I Do)
©Stephen W. Young

Do you ever wonder what makes it right
A perfect moon in a perfect night
A cool breeze. A warm heart
The sky, a canvas of heavenly art

Two lovers walking hand in hand
Making memories, and making plans
A heart of love is a heart of gold
True riches make a happy soul

And I love you
I love you
I do

The way you laugh at nothing at all
Or shed a tear when somebody falls
The way you smile, the way you sing
The way you do about everything

And I love you
I love you
I do

They say that love will conquer anything
I say it already has
And I can't wait to see what the future brings
When I consider the past

So if you'll give me a minute or two
I'm gonna sit here and think about you

'Cause I love you
I love you
I do

====

RealTracks/RealDrums used...

RealTracks in song: 683:Bass, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Ev 120
RealTracks in song: 2930:Guitar, Acoustic, Rhythm FolkRock8thsBrent Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 2904:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm GrittyBluesyPopBrent Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 2906:Piano, ElectricVintage, Rhythm BluesyPopMike Ev 100
RealTracks in song: 2764:Organ, Rhythm CountryBluesRockMike Ev 110
RealTracks in song: 2717:Guitar, Nylon, Background WaltzBrent Sw 110
RealDrums in Song: Grunge^1-a:HiHat, b:Ride

Have a great day!

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
It's always a treat for me when you post a song. This one has a great vintage vibe. I love the string run at 2:08. There are a lot of other bits that sound great, as well.

Those "simple" love songs are a nut that I just can't seem to crack, and this song - as so many of your other ones - seems effortless.

I won't say I'm hoping you'll have lousy weather in the coming year... But it's great when you do. wink

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Your songs are always so heartfelt. Not only in the way you write your lyrics, but also in the overall sound of the music. They compliment one another perfectly.

Great job!

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran

Steve,

This is my favorite production of yours so far. All the instruments sound great.

I have heard about East West. Are those swelling orchestral sounds I hear the background "combo" arrangements like Garritan Instant Orchestra or do you have to play each track, and sound? Very gorgeous so I would like to know how you are doing it.

smile

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve this is your best to date IMHO. I love the chord progression and instrumentation. Your vocals are top notch and great work on the harmonies. Your lyrics are outstanding.

This is keeper.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve,

This song is so good. Outstanding mix and of course a great vocal.

Loved it.

Bob

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve, Your mixes always amaze me as do your vocals. The arrangement is great as the additional instruments are added. The overall sound that you manage to get is something I have paid close attention to over the years and I have learned a great deal just from listening to your songs. Another catchy great write " And I can't wait to see what the future brings
When I consider the past" My best to you, Tom

User Showcase
C
Veteran
Veteran
C
What a great tune and one of my favorite chord progressions. Solid through and through with your choice of instruments, arrangement and performance. Like others, I always look forward to your posts and this song is one of my favorites so far.

Charlie

BIAB Ultra Pak+ 2024:RB 2024, Latest builds: Dell Optiplex 7040 Desktop; Windows-10-64 bit, Intel Core i7-6700 3.4GHz CPU and 16 GB Ram Memory.
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve,

Always pleased to see a song post pop up from you!

Your productions are always top shelf...as are your arrangements, vocals, mixes...

An excellent "simple love song" write. Love the structure of it. The bridge is really well done. Following that with a 2 line verse and back to the chorus was super. This has the quality of a James Taylor "simple love song". Doesn't get any better than that...

fj

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Wow - you nailed this! I'm definitely getting a 70's vibe on this one. Also, that arrangement is smooth as butter. It was hard not to tap my foot and sway along. It sounds warm, inviting, and heartfelt. And those strings that kick it around the minute mark - done!

Fantastic job on this - thanks so much for sharing smile

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very soulful song with a motown vibe. I'm amazed how well piano, organ and guitars blend together, fantastic mix. Great vocals and harmonies.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve,

It's good to see you again! smile

This is such a terrific presentation; music, lyrics, arranging, playing, mixing, singing, you name it, you've got it nailed!

You have such a amazing knack for finding the very best instrumental sounds in the diverse melting pot that BIAB offers. I can honestly say that it would never have occurred to me to mix grunge rhythm with a waltz guitar, country blues, gritty blues, folk, organ and strings. As always you show that one should never judge an instrument or Realtrack by its given genre.

I love the lines below. To my ears, I call them inspired lyrics...

• The sky, a canvas of heavenly art
  • Two lovers walking hand in hand
    Making memories, and making plans
  • They say that love will conquer anything
    I say it already has
    And I can't wait to see what the future brings
    When I consider the past

And your chorus is fantastic. It pulls the vibe, the lyrics and the arrangement together with a powerful simplicity. It seems to me that everything about this work is a perfect example of tenth dan black-belt songwriting!

Truly, you've done a superb job with this.

May 2018 bring everything good your way.
Noel

P.S. I just had a look at the lyric video, too. Very classy!

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Steve

Following Noel (again) - I'll just say what he said.
Superb in every way.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi, Steve !

The guys here have already
said it but I also think this
is your best so far ! At least
of those I´ve heard ! Me too
love every song you put out -
they are so wonderfully polished
and outright good !:))

Cheers
Dani

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love your vocals Steve. This was no exception. Super backtrack, vocal and lyric. Harmonies were sweet.

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: dcuny
It's always a treat for me when you post a song. This one has a great vintage vibe. I love the string run at 2:08. There are a lot of other bits that sound great, as well.

Those "simple" love songs are a nut that I just can't seem to crack, and this song - as so many of your other ones - seems effortless.

I won't say I'm hoping you'll have lousy weather in the coming year... But it's great when you do. wink

Thanks, David! I always appreciate your thoughtful comments. (I'll take the nice weather, but less hectic schedule.) smile

Originally Posted By: Ember - PG Music
Your songs are always so heartfelt. Not only in the way you write your lyrics, but also in the overall sound of the music. They compliment one another perfectly.

Great job!

Thank you, Ember! Really appreciate your very kind words. I do try to write from my heart. Glad you enjoyed this one!

Originally Posted By: David Snyder

Steve,

This is my favorite production of yours so far. All the instruments sound great.

I have heard about East West. Are those swelling orchestral sounds I hear the background "combo" arrangements like Garritan Instant Orchestra or do you have to play each track, and sound? Very gorgeous so I would like to know how you are doing it.

smile

David, really appreciate your generous words! The EastWest sounds are just a softsynth. I used 3 tracks of varying violin sounds and blended them together on this one. Just played them on my keyboard, like any softsynth. To me, most all of the string samples seem to sound a little harsh for my taste. To "tame" the harshness, I added 3 "stacked" reverb sounds and cut the upper midrange in the eq to taste, then added just a touch of "air" at about 10k. All seasoned to taste. I've tried Garritan, and a couple other strings samples. They are all fairly good, but my favorite at my budget so far is the EastWest. But EastWest is a little more complicated to use.

Like most all softsynth parts, the key is to think like you are playing the real instrument. Violin was my primary instrument in school, so I naturally tend to think a little like a violinist (or fiddler, as the case may be.)

Always good to hear from you, my friend!

===

Steve

Steve Young
Music
"In order to compose, all you need to do is remember a tune that nobody else has thought of." - Robert Schumann
User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Very smooth and upbeat song. Really nice lyrics and great production. Sounds very professional.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Steve this is your best to date IMHO. I love the chord progression and instrumentation. Your vocals are top notch and great work on the harmonies. Your lyrics are outstanding.

This is keeper.

Steve,

I couldn't have said it better than Mario did - my sentiments exactly. A bit of a retro feel yet elements of a contemporary sound. Nice!

Best to you & God Bless.

Alan

Last edited by Al-David; 01/21/18 04:43 PM.

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Beautiful!

User Showcase
Expert
OP Offline
Expert
Originally Posted By: MarioD

This is keeper.

Mario, it's always so good to hear from your! Thanks so much for your kind words on this one.

Originally Posted By: rsdean
Steve,

This song is so good. Outstanding mix and of course a great vocal.

Loved it.

Bob

Thanks, Bob! Really appreciate you taking the time to listen and comment. Always good to hear from you!

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Steve, Your mixes always amaze me as do your vocals. The arrangement is great as the additional instruments are added. The overall sound that you manage to get is something I have paid close attention to over the years and I have learned a great deal just from listening to your songs. Another catchy great write " And I can't wait to see what the future brings
When I consider the past" My best to you, Tom

Tom, I really appreciate your generous comments! I always enjoy listening to your mixes/productions. Your words mean a lot to me.

===

Steve

Steve Young
Music
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Happy Easter! Holiday Hours...

2024 is well underway - it's already Easter Weekend!

Our Customer Service hours this weekend are:

Friday, March 29: 8-4
Saturday, March 30: 8-4
Sunday, March 31: closed

Regular hours resume Monday, April 1st - no joke!

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,399
Posts732,551
Members38,442
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
danielsk, Mark Morgan, zagrajbarke, Ernest J, Izzy
38,442 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 199