Print Thread
Go To
#564661 11/17/19 01:35 PM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
https://soundcloud.com/user-770148857/extraordinary-rendezvous

Another big band effort, using the fred RS, older alto sax 438 for the solo, and the Jack Stafford horn section 2633. Vox again by Sam Ford (Samuel Efford) of fiverr. Last but not least, melody and lyrics by me, Bob Millard.

Lyrics

I got a feeling, that I am due
For an extraordinary out of the ordinary rendezvous
It'll be swell, yeah, it'll be grand,
When I reach out to her and I find that I'm holding her hand
We'll be so cozy at a cabaret,
Then we'll get crazy and dance, the rest of the night away,
And with that lazy moon high in the sky
We'll get embracey until the morning sun is nigh.

I got a feeling that I am bound,
For a remarkable highly embarkable time on the town,
And when that wondrous night I finally attend,
Please tell me that you are the one in my arms at the evening's end.

I got a feeling that we are set,
For a most wonderful, funderful lifetime tete a tete,
It'll be swell, yeah, it'll be grand,
That whenever I want I can reach out to hold your hand,
We can dine in or, head out in the air,
And if it's chilly just tug and I'll snuggle you into my lair,
Who would think one night spent tearing up the town,
Would lead to the wonder of having you always around,
Yeah I got a feeling, extraordinary feeling, yeah I got a feeling...

Last edited by TuneMonger; 11/17/19 01:49 PM.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
There's a click or mouth smack at 0.48 that could easily be edited & made to disappear.
It's a pity there's not much of a real stereo sound stage with the horn sections.
The vocals are nice but he seems to peter out towards the end & the and line doesn't have the change in cadence or "cascade" that I'd expected.
Cool song.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi TuneMonger,

What a nice voice in that bigband song with a lively sphere.
Makes it a lovely song to listen to (although normally I'm not fond of bigbands...)
I can hear the joy you must have while singing it.
I haven't heard the issues Ray talked about, but he is more focussed on those things.
I have bad ears for that...

So, well done!
Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Agree with Ray on this one, sounds like mouth sounds at 0:48 and your vocalist does sound more monotone at the end. Overall he's pretty good. When you receive fiverr vocal tracks you may want to "proof" them for such audio anomalies.

Love the style chosen and the music sounds well blended. Maybe a little creative panning could be used to help bring out the band a little more to get them more stereo sounding.

Keep up the good work TuneMonger and I look forward to hearing your next songs.

Steve

BIAB/RB 2022, Pro Tools 2020, Korg N5, JBL LSR 4328 Powered Monitors, AKG/Shure Mics.
PC: Win11 PRO, 4 TB M2 SSD, 2 TB HD, 128 GB Memory
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
TuneMonger, man I love this big band style stuff! Great job putting your band together here! Thanks, Torrey

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Excellent write.

Good job of working the horns to carry the production.

I enjoyed this.

fj

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Oh yeah. We need more music like this. Great job.

Cakewalk Sonar Platinum
Focusrite 18i20
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi TuneMonger,

I love BigBand stuff, and this is another one that really kicks butt. I know a bit about horns arrangement and therefor I think that you did a heck of a job with this one.

I do love Sam's voice and the attitude he performs this great song with, but (hope this is not considered impolite) I either don't get the melody at some parts or there are a couple of intonation issues. Am I the only one to have that feeling?

But whatever: A very, very nice composition, a good write and an awesome arrangement.

Really enjoyed the listen, TuneMonger, and, please, keep 'em BB tunes coming!

Take care,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Highlight of this song for me is the lyrics, very well written! I also like the arrangement. Not crazy about the vocal to be honest. I could picture Noel from the forum here singing this song, but I'm not sure if he is open for collabs.

But overall good work, enjoyed!

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really well done - loved the big band elements, and thought your vocals paired really well with the horns. The lyrics help set a mood too, and the whole thing flows really well.

You should be proud of this one - thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Really like the way that you have used the horns as fillers. This really works well.

You definitely captured a great Big Band feel. Excellent.

BIAB & RB2024 Win.(Audiophile), Sonar Platinum, Cakewalk by Bandlab, Izotope Prod.Bundle, Roland RD-1000, Synthogy Ivory, Kontakt, Focusrite 18i20, KetronSD2, NS40M Monitors, Pioneer Active Monitors, AKG K271 Studio H'phones
User Showcase
Jim Offline
Expert
Expert
I too like hearing Big Band tunes...
Nice writing on this one...
I often wish I could write songs similar to this one...
You've got quite a talent.

Jim
†=☮&♥
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Very nice!

Janice and I are very much multi genre folks and we've listened to a
lot of big band music over the years. You did an excellent job capturing
that feel. Virtually all of the BB we've listened to is mono recordied so
for us this mix sounded more open than a lot of what we hear. Heck,
Benny Goodman at Carnegie Hall was recorded in 1938 with one mic and
recorded via a telephone line! Pardon the digression.

Suffice it to say that it all worked for us and we most enjoyed it. Fun to
hear some more BB on the forum.

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
"embracey,embarkable,funderful"-nice playful new words! The whole song -lyrics,melody and arrangement, shows you have absorbed some very cool influences.... most of which I`ve haven`t heard since I stopped listening to my mum`s records but still find give me a happy zap.
Love the horns and your rapport with the vocalist is really working.
Most enjoyable music.

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
An excellent example how great backing band can be created with the help of BIAB. Song flows smoothly and the horns really shine. Vocals and lyrics create vivid cabaret image.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks again for all the good words! I almost didn't put this up because I agree with those who hear something wrong with the vocal. I think it's likely my doing, not the vocalist, but I've looked at the chords and I can't see what the hitch is. I put it up hoping someone might hear the problem. I used a fairly common progression, so I'm not sure why it isn't working out. The likeliest thing is my melody just doesn't work with the chords. It usually works, it's just a few spots on each line, but that's all it takes to make it sound a bit wack here and there. If anyone has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. But the feedback I've gotten is helpful, it confirms my thoughts. Hopefully, I can learn something from this. Thanks again all!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Really digging the big band vibes! Thanks for sharing.

Cheers,
Ember
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Bob,

Wow this is good!

You've taken lyric writing to the pinnacle of the highest wordsmith mountain. There are so many phrases in here that are incredibly clever and they flow so, so well when set against the music. It must have taken ages to get such precision alignment between beat, rhythm, rhyme and syllable emphasis..... just AWESOME!!!! I'm super impressed.

Samuel settles into singing this really, really well.

This genre sits so very comfortably beneath your songwriter's pen that it comes across that the two of you are made for each other.

Wonderful listening!

All the best,
Noel

MY SONGS...
Audiophile BIAB 2024
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Thanks all again for the support. I am pretty bummed that this song doesn't work chord/melody wise. I did put a lot of effort into the lyrics and probably that is why I didn't pay enough attention to the melody. At this point I will probably have to pay someone to show me what I did wrong with the chords and/or just rewrite them for me so the track works with the melody. Somewhere down the road, I might do that. Thanks again to all for acknowledging the things I did right on this track, I appreciate it. Especially about the lyrics, that is always my focus.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Nice tune!

I agree there are some issues with the vocal. The delivery has a sort of flat energy level to it, where I'd expect the vocalist to "punch" some of the syllables to give it more "swing".

It also feels like some of the notes are flat. I don't know if they are sung flat, or if they're not the "right" note choices.

If you sent me the backing track and vocal, I could have a go at it and see what comes out. I may as well put some of that money I dumped into Melodyne to good use. wink

If you want, PM me and I'll give you my email address you can send the tracks to.

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
User Video: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box®

The Bob Doyle Media YouTube channel is known for demonstrating how you can creatively incorporate AI into your projects - from your song projects to avatar building to face swapping, and more!

His latest video, Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box, he explains in detail how you can use the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box with ACE Studio. Follow along as he goes from "nothing" to "something" with his Band-in-a-Box MIDI Melodist track, using ACE Studio to turn it into a vocal track (or tracks, you'll see) by adding lyrics for those notes that will trigger some amazing AI vocals!

Watch: Next-Level AI Music Editing with ACE Studio and Band-in-a-Box

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 German for Windows is Here!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 für Windows Deutsch ist verfügbar!

Wir waren fleißig und haben über 50 neue Funktionen und eine erstaunliche Sammlung neuer Inhalte hinzugefügt, darunter 222 RealTracks, neue RealStyles, MIDI SuperTracks, Instrumental Studies, "Songs with Vocals" Artist Performance Sets, abspielbare RealTracks Set 3, abspielbare RealDrums Set 2, zwei neue Sets von "RealDrums Stems", XPro Styles PAK 6, Xtra Styles PAK 17 und mehr!

Paket | Was ist Neu

Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,631
Posts735,243
Members38,521
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
SYOTR, Bpnsrinu, DanyLevy, vasilich, maxrob61
38,520 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 185