Print Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi everyone,

I know its crowdy on the forum, but I had to place this new song about New Times and New Rules. Its a kind of House and Rock, so it has a heavy beat. It deals with the changing times and the -negative- aspects were dealing with. I don't mean the Corona virus, although that is awful too, but selfishness and autocracy and all what comes with that. The lyrics aren't so heavy though.

Listen to it: https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130/new-times-new-rules

The style is CARRYON.STY
RealTracks in song: ~683:Basguitar, Electric, PopHalfNotesPush Gel 120
RealTracks in song: 2625:Guitar, Bariton Electric
RealTracks in song: 3539:Guitar, Electric, Rhythm MetalCinematicLowTuneSteadyDarin Ev16 110
Loop in Song: House-Techno-Trance\House - helluva_night_128_drum_loop_a_minor ev16.wav
Loop in Song: World\Arabian - forever_85_string_section_staccato_c_sharp_minor.wav
Loop in Song: House-Techno-Trance\Trance - bassline4_135_c ev16.wav
RealDrums [in Song:FunkHalfNotePulseTambo: a: Snare, Kickb: Busy Kick, Snare

You notice there are 3 loops in the song. But beside these instruments I also included 3 keyboardtracks from Output / Native Instruments, analog strings, Substance bassline and Exhale vocals.
So altogether a lot of noise, but in a in a responsible manner (I hope).

Let me know what I can improve or whatever. I like to learn.
Hans

The lyrics *) I saw one word was cleared because it was a 'bad' word. It's about someone's butt:

New Times, New Rules
(c) HwBerkhout 10-03-20

When I was young I believed in fairy tales
They end up wel and the bad guys loose
Aha
Now I've learned it's the other way around,
the good guys loose and the bad guys win, all the time
Aha
And if you try to change these things
people come to you in anger, they say:

Refrein
Hé you!, Mind your own business
Right here!
Mind your own business, I say
Right now!
Better keep on moving
Nothing's going on here
It's just your imagination
So keep that in mind

Unlike the fairy tales politicians behave less in favor of you
They'd become autocrats
Aha
It's all for the benefit of themselves and their friends.
So, don't you forget that
Aha
If you want to change all these things
people come to you in anger and they shout:

Refrein 2
Hé you!, mind your own business
Right here!
Mind your own business, I say
Right now!
Better keep on moving
Nothing's going on here
So, hit the road, boy

Solo

Refrein 3
And they shout:Hé you!, Mind your own business
Right here!
Mind your own business
Get used to new times!
Keep your fat [*****] moving
Nothing's going on here
So keep that in mind

Refrein 4
Hé you!, Mind your own business
Right here!
Mind your own business
New times, new rules!
Better keep on moving
Nothing's going on here
So, hit the road, boy
Yes, hit the road, boy!

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love the intro. Vocals are cool! The string loop is a nice touch.

And now I know the Dutch spelling of "hey!". smile

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans,
Great energy and attitude in your vocal carries this ( sounds like you had fun getting angry)...and of course the beat helps too.
An interesting mix of styles- the staccato strings were my favourite seasoning to the pulsing stew!

Robert

User Showcase
PG Music Staff
PG Music Staff
Nicely done - love the energy in this as Robert said, and your vocals are right on point. Loved how it flows and thought the mix was top notch as well.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Deryk
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
After just listening Janice & Bud song The Way Things Are, another bit depressing story.
Luckily the surprising sharp instrumentation and angry interpretation lifts me up from the cave of the dark times smile
Kind of rocking Prodigy with a strong message. Your crisp voice carries the song thoroughly. I think that good and well-behaving guys are not in fashion and their supporters are in minority at the moment.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Different!
Nice to see you stretching out, Hans, this is very well done!
I particularly like what you did in the refrain.

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans,

I really like this.

Great energy. Cool instrumentation.

Love the angry vocal!! Good mix.

Very well done and a very engaging listen.

Excellent use of BIAB - something different, great to hear.

One of your best!

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yes one of your best.

"Unlike the fairy tales politicians behave less in favor of you
They'd become autocrats
Aha
It's all for the benefit of themselves and their friends.
So, don't you forget that"

What great lines and so true.

You anger was really good! I kept expecting "get the hell of my lawn" grin

Seriously this is one really good song!

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hans,

Quite different from what we usually hear around here. Excellent use of the program, and a very strong composition and vocal.

Really well done.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi David,

Yes, automatically I used the Dutch spelling of the word 'Hey' in the lyrics. Stupid of me not thinking about that. But thanks for your compliments. I was puzzled a bit you loved the intro. Was that all you loved confused grin

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi Robbert,

Thanks for your compliments and observation. And yes, it felt nice to shout 'Hey you...etc. The only problem with that was the recording immediately jumped to super red and I faced distortion!
And with those staccato strings you mean the Arabic loop? Say straight from the beginning of the song? That is a loop I found in the loopsection of BiaB. But I also used staccato strings from Output, but played that on my keyboard.
And yes, all those noises ('the stew') together gave me some problems mixing them properly. But all went well afterwards.

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hello Deryk,

Thanks for your comment on the song. as I wrote Robbert, the shouting and the lot of sounds in the song gave me some challenge getting it all in place. My son described that Arabic loop as a sound for a pc-game. We don't want him to come around anymore now, of course!

but I was asking myself; "why all those sounds in this song"? But it had to do with the subject. The unkindness, the harshness, all that haste, etcetera. That feeling had to be in the song in some way. Glad to read it worked out fine for you!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Good day Janne,

What a difference in style both songs are! I do agree. I listened to their song as well. It is beautiful. Compared to my song in where the singing is quiet different, I'd rather listen to their song then mine. But I'm glad I lifted you up!
It is (a bit) funny both J&B and I handled a subject at the same time about human behaviour nowadays (beside the Corona problems). As you corectly stated: "good and well-behaving guys (and girls) are not in fashion and their supporters are in minority at the moment". I hope 'the moment' won't last too long...

But I do like your using of the word 'prodigy' for my song. Gave me a nice feeling. Thanks for that and all your other compliments,

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi Hans,

you keep cranking them out lately...

Very good in all aspects: Great arrangement / use of BIAB (like always), very dedicated lyrics (like always), most enerhetic vocals (like always).

And I love the fact that you manage to come up with so many different styles - hats off !

All the best,

Stefan

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Strong, confident vocals really make this happen.
A really unusual and effective melange.
Impressive.

Cheers
rayc
"What's so funny about peace, love & understanding?" - N.Lowe
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Cool backtrack. Excellent vocal. Lots of snarl in n the vocal. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
As Robert said, "sounds like you had fun getting angry..." smile

It's been said so we will get redundant!

Fine lyric

Fine vocal

Fine RT/RD band...love those loops, As Ray said a great melange.

Fine mix...sounds great turned up on the monitors.

And, yes, the message is not uplifting (like our current tune) but sometimes
one needs a good shot of reality. And this certainly provides it.

Kudos for a well done production!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Love the attitude and the beat working together to make the point. Nice production and a good ending as well.

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Hans,
Pretty cool and original! I like when people experiment with genres & sound and I feel this is perfect example. Not too abstract to get confused & has plenty of features to stay focused. Mix is good, not your best smile but good!!! Vocals are clear and not too distant. You done a excellent job on breaking the mold.
Thank you for sharing!

Misha.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Hi there Dave,

Yes I like to do things that are sometimes far out of my comfort zone.
Like what that does to me, although I have to overcome some ramps...
The main reason is I'm curious and want to learn. Don't you?
I am now working on a song with a steelband. Some challenge!
But I think it will be on the forum in about some days.
Thanks for your comment, Dave!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Update Your PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 Today!

Add updated printing options, enhanced tracks settings, smoother use of MGU and SGU (BB files) within PowerTracks, and more with the latest PowerTracks Pro Audio 2024 update!

Learn more about this free update for PowerTracks Pro Audio & download it at www.pgmusic.com/support_windows_pt.htm#2024_5

The Newest RealBand 2024 Update is Here!

The newest RealBand 2024 Build 5 update is now available!

Download and install this to your RealBand 2024 for updated print options, streamlined loading and saving of .SGU & MGU (BB) files, and to add a number of program adjustments that address user-reported bugs and concerns.

This free update is available to all RealBand 2024 users. To learn more about this update and download it, head to www.pgmusic.com/support.realband.htm#20245

The Band-in-a-Box® Flash Drive Backup Option

Today (April 5) is National Flash Drive Day!

Did you know... not only can you download your Band-in-a-Box® Pro, MegaPAK, or PlusPAK purchase - you can also choose to add a flash drive backup copy with the installation files for only $15? It even comes with a Band-in-a-Box® keychain!

For the larger Band-in-a-Box® packages (UltraPAK, UltraPAK+, Audiophile Edition), the hard drive backup copy is available for only $25. This will include a preinstalled and ready to use program, along with your installation files.

Backup copies are offered during the checkout process on our website.

Already purchased your e-delivery version, and now you wish you had a backup copy? It's not too late! If your purchase was for the current version of Band-in-a-Box®, you can still reach out to our team directly to place your backup copy order!

Note: the Band-in-a-Box® keychain is only included with flash drive backup copies, and cannot be purchased separately.

Handy flash drive tip: Always try plugging in a USB device the wrong way first? If your flash drive (or other USB plug) doesn't have a symbol to indicate which way is up, look for the side with a seam on the metal connector (it only has a line across one side) - that's the side that either faces down or to the left, depending on your port placement.

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows® Today!

Update your Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows for free with build 1111!

With this update, there's more control when saving images from the Print Preview window, we've added defaults to the MultiPicker for sorting and font size, updated printing options, updated RealTracks and other content, and addressed user-reported issues with the StylePicker, MIDI Soloists, key signature changes, and more!

Learn more about this free update for Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/support_windowsupdates.htm#1111

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 Review: 4.75 out of 5 Stars!

If you're looking for a in-depth review of the newest Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows version, you'll definitely find it with Sound-Guy's latest review, Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows Review: Incredible new capabilities to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs.

A few excerpts:
"The Tracks view is possibly the single most powerful addition in 2024 and opens up a new way to edit and generate accompaniments. Combined with the new MultiPicker Library Window, it makes BIAB nearly perfect as an 'intelligent' composer/arranger program."

"MIDI SuperTracks partial generation showing six variations – each time the section is generated it can be instantly auditioned, re-generated or backed out to a previous generation – and you can do this with any track type. This is MAJOR! This takes musical experimentation and honing an arrangement to a new level, and faster than ever."

"Band in a Box continues to be an expansive musical tool-set for both novice and experienced musicians to experiment, compose, arrange and mix songs, as well as an extensive educational resource. It is huge, with hundreds of functions, more than any one person is likely to ever use. Yet, so is any DAW that I have used. BIAB can do some things that no DAW does, and this year BIAB has more DAW-like functions than ever."

Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,584
Posts734,714
Members38,500
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Tusar Sarkar, RTW, wtsy365, DerFlex, xabialonso259@gmai
38,499 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 197