Next Thread
Print Thread
Go To
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
When My Woman Makes Loves To Me

*** The lyric is a bit risque and somewhat suggestive. If you are easily offended by that, no hard feelings if you pass on it. However, the lyric is "clean". ***

I posted this 6 or 7 years ago. Since then, I've done a little massaging - I made the bass a little more crisp and backed the vocal off just a tiny but and soften the vocal reverb. Open to any and all comments. Thanks in advance.

Also, I'm unsure which genre is more appropriate: Smooth RnB or Lounge Jazz. I lean to Smooth RnB. Any thoughts?

I no longer have the list of backing tracks. They disappeared in that computer meltdown I've mention on other songs. But other than the vocal, it's all BIABv12.5. Thanks in advance.

When My Woman Makes Love To Me

(c) 2013 Alan D. David, BMI
(Key of eb)

(v1)
Erotic whispers, I ask her if she'd dare
Lips tracing boldly, I kiss her everywhere
Her breath is heavy, as I make my move
Her body answers when I find my groove
I'm taken to a place beyond the ecstasy
She satisfies my every fantasy

CHORUS

When my woman makes love to me
My soul breaks out in fire
She never leaves me
With an unfulfilled desire
She won't refuse me
She gives me what I need
It's passion with no limits

INSTRUMENTAL VERSE

CHORUS

She never leaves me
She won't refuse me
She gives me what I need

(v2)
Her touch is tender, her passion oh so strong
She lets me have my way, cuz I won't do her wrong
Our bodies melding, as two turn into one
And when we're finished, the loving's still not done
She whispers in my ear
Says it's the best it's ever been
And she can't wait to love me once again

CHORUS

She never leaves me
She won't refuse me
She gives me what I need

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
I vote for Smooth RnB. Real nice listen, and I think the mix sounds right-on.
Lyrics are solid, and develop/maintain the "heat" of the story.
Liked it a lot!

User Showcase
Apprentice
Apprentice
Yes that is beyond suggestive. Definitely not sex drugs and rock and roll, more of a sultry sexy vibe, and very bold. I vote Soul, like Al Green. Love it.

I hope I'm not out of line with this, what you have is great but as I was listening this popped into my head... I could see the chorus being this, with the line "When my woman makes love to me" being repeated with harmony. That would hammer in the hook, and make it more of a sing-along chorus.

She gives me what I need

Last edited by Frankp; 08/31/20 11:54 AM.

Frank

Some tunes from me and my collaborator: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvGqM6ktMW5ltTnyit1KWPg/videos

Band-in-a-Box Ultrapak 2019, Windows 11, Reaper, Behringer u-phoria UMC404HD, Kali LP-8
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan, I don't care what genre you place this in this is absolutely an outstanding masterpiece! Love the groove and your vocals. Outstanding lyrics and mix.

This may be your best to date.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan

Smooth, engaging and very listenable.

Enjoyed the song, production and vocal.

Nicely done.

Peter

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan you made me blush. :-).. Loved this song. Super vocal and loved the lyric. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Smooth RnB sounds good to me, I can almost smell the mix of sweat and perfume. The band is perfect for the mood, especially nice sax, reminding me of 80's night radio. Passionate voice redeems the promise of the title.

Janne

Hear My Music:

Soundcloud
YouTube

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Alan,

The re-do sounds good. Bass sounds good and the vocal sits in the mix well - crisp, clean without being too-up-front.

I like the way you used the synth pads.

A good listen.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Great song, great lyrics, good singing, liked it a lot. I felt like the chorus was yearning for some kind of harmony or doubling. Maybe you could use the RT oo-ahs. Whatever, I still enjoyed it and yes, it was a sultry tune!

Windows 10, Intel Core I5 10400, 16 gig ram, Scarlett 6i6, Komplete keyboard, Sony Acid Music Studio 11, BIAB 2020 UltraPlus Pak
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
We remember this song. Thanks for the opportunity to hear this tweaked version.

I rarely copy other's comments but, man, did Janne nail it.

"Smooth RnB sounds good to me, I can almost smell the mix of sweat and perfume. The band is perfect for the mood, especially nice sax, reminding me of 80's night radio. Passionate voice redeems the promise of the title."

That!

J&B

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Tano Music
I vote for Smooth RnB. Real nice listen, and I think the mix sounds right-on.
Lyrics are solid, and develop/maintain the "heat" of the story.
Liked it a lot!

Thanks so much, Tano! I appreciate the kind words. Wishing you the very best. Be safe ...

Alan

BIAB 2022 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win10*8GB DDR4*I5-6th Gen*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120 Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Frankp
Yes that is beyond suggestive. Definitely not sex drugs and rock and roll, more of a sultry sexy vibe, and very bold. I vote Soul, like Al Green. Love it.

I hope I'm not out of line with this, what you have is great but as I was listening this popped into my head... I could see the chorus being this, with the line "When my woman makes love to me" being repeated with harmony. That would hammer in the hook, and make it more of a sing-along chorus.

She gives me what I need

Hi Frank ...

You're never out of line when making constructive comments, offering suggestions or comments in general. With very few exceptions, most of us here appreciate all that.

Your suggestions are good. If I ever get a chance to redo this one, I'll definitely use them. Wishing you the very best. Please be safe ...

Alan

PS: Glad you joined us here on the Showcase Forum. I've enjoyed your music.

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: MarioD
Alan, I don't care what genre you place this in this is absolutely an outstanding masterpiece! Love the groove and your vocals. Outstanding lyrics and mix.

This may be your best to date.

Thank you Mario! I always enjoy your take on things. And I seriously appreciate your constant support.

Best to you & yours ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: PeterF
Alan

Smooth, engaging and very listenable.

Enjoyed the song, production and vocal.

Nicely done.

Peter

Hi peter ...

Many thanks for the listen and very nice words. My replies are rather short as my wife is having serious health issues again. wishing you the best. Be safe ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Scott C
Alan you made me blush. :-).. Loved this song. Super vocal and loved the lyric. Well done

Hi Scott ...

Yes, it is a bit suggestive. But I'm delighted you took a chance to listen. Glad it works for you. Thanks for letting me know. Best to you. Please be safe ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: jannesan
Smooth RnB sounds good to me, I can almost smell the mix of sweat and perfume. The band is perfect for the mood, especially nice sax, reminding me of 80's night radio. Passionate voice redeems the promise of the title.

Janne

Hi Janne ...

I also lean towards Smooth RnB. And, I have to say, this is one of my all-time favorite reviews. Thanks you so much! You put a huge smile on my face. Again ... thank you!!!

Best to you & yours ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
Alan,

The re-do sounds good. Bass sounds good and the vocal sits in the mix well - crisp, clean without being too-up-front.

I like the way you used the synth pads.

A good listen.

fj

Hi Floyd ...

Sure appreciate all that! The pads just kinda fell into place ... didn't have to do much with them. they were just about right fresh out of the box!

Take care and be safe ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: TuneMonger
Great song, great lyrics, good singing, liked it a lot. I felt like the chorus was yearning for some kind of harmony or doubling. Maybe you could use the RT oo-ahs. Whatever, I still enjoyed it and yes, it was a sultry tune!

Hello TM ...

Good to hear from you. I appreciate your time to listen and reply so nicely. I agree with you about the harmony on the choruses. And yes, I v=could go back and add some of the ooh-aahs. I just might do that ... thanks!

Glad you enjoyed it. best to you. Be safe ...

Alan

User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Janice & Bud
We remember this song. Thanks for the opportunity to hear this tweaked version.

I rarely copy other's comments but, man, did Janne nail it.

"Smooth RnB sounds good to me, I can almost smell the mix of sweat and perfume. The band is perfect for the mood, especially nice sax, reminding me of 80's night radio. Passionate voice redeems the promise of the title."

That!

J&B

Hi Guys! (Guy & Gal?)

Well, you quoted one of my very favorite reviews in quite a wqhile. I'm delighted to hear you agree with Janne. Thanks for passing that one!

Wishing you the very best. Please be safe ...

Alan

User Showcase
G
Veteran
Veteran
G
Alan, you old dog!!! Teddy Pendergrass has nothing on you!! Just teasing. This is really well done.....very nice arrangement and mix!! Take care. Greg

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,390
Posts732,453
Members38,441
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
Ernest J, ingridguerci94, Izzy, BenChaz, Csofi
38,440 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 195