Shadow Dancer

The Band:

Chris Spruit: Piano, Vocals, BGV
Marty Straub: Bass, BGV
Dave Bell: Acoustic and Electric Guitars, BGV

2558:Cello, Background SlowSwing Sw 065

EZDrummer2

Mixed in Reaper, mastered with Ozone9

We will do a video for this song as we do for all of our songs, but probably not in time to update the song description here. The last few videos have all had performance elements which makes them more fun IMHO.

Check out the YouTube link in my signature if interested.

Shadow Dancer (2021, Christiane Spruit)

Waiting to set on, my whole life
those shadows moving, blind

I am running wild
can't cross the line

My eyes are scaling up the sky
kaleidoscoping, wide
The breaking sunlight is giving sight
In our boundaries
we are satellites

Like shadow dancers
born to surrender
trying to live a life within / between the lights
Yearning
that we are all returning
not fading like shadows in the night

All comments welcome!

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
very nice Dave! Hats off to the whole team on this one! An easy song to like! Love the vocals! Really all the parts fit together perfectly. The cello real track is a nice addition

User Showcase
Journeyman
Journeyman
Lyrics, vocals blend well with the track. Quite haunting.

My music may not set the world on fire but if it causes a glow in just one person's heart, it has all been worthwhile smile
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Beautiful vocal. Loved the backtrack and your chord progress. A sense of sadness. Awesome guitar work Dave. Well done

Scott Collingwood
https://soundcloud.com/scottt709
https://soundcloud.com/spiritlevel-ca
https://www.youtube.com/@SpiritLevel-ge3hm/
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
BlueAttitude never falters. A solid band sound with everyone doing their part - and doing it well.
Marty's bass.
Dave's guitars.
Chris' write, vocals, piano.
The band's BGVs.

Y'all have developed a terrific sound. Consistently good. Always an enjoyable listen. One more cut for the next album...

Good mix.

Nice.

fj

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave, Chris & Marty, you definitely have kept your high bar intact with this song. The vocal delivers the lyric perfectly. The guitars and bass are played with great expertise as expected. Very well produced. Nicely done, Tom

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Dave, Marty & Chris,
A beautifully restrained arrangement that fits the song`s mood... which to my ears begins with a slightly eastern feel and builds into a bluesy spiritual affirmation.
Everything sounds right- no surprise!- another fine fine song from you.

Robert

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hi Dave, Chris and Marty,

A very intriguing song. Just like the title suggests; dark and with tension. I like that.
It is different from a lot of your songs. Not a typical Blues. The 'heavy' sound of the piano in (some) contrast to the beautiful vocals gave it that intriguing sphere.
You never disappoint me with your songs!

Hans

Hans Berkhout
(Birchwood)
https://soundcloud.com/user-296497130
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Hello Dave. This is really a great production.
Good choice of the band and the singer is faultless.
Congrats to all involved.
Rob4580

User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
WOW! This is outstanding. You three make one hell of a band!
Loved this from the git-go. The mix is spot on. The vocal is outstanding as are the guitar parts. Marty's bass fits like a glove and oh so good.

This is definitely a winner and IMHO your best to date.

Me, it's not about how many times you fail, it's about how many times you get back up.
Cop, that's not how field sobriety tests work.

64 bit Win 10 Pro, the latest BiaB/RB, Roland Octa-Capture audio interface, a ton of software/hardware
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Blue Attitude

A lovely song, well performed and produced.
Exceptional playing and singing throughout makes it a pleasure to listen to.

Great team effort.

Peter

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Haunting. A very good team effort. A good job to all. Cool lyrics. I like it.

My music can be heard at: The Cracks
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
Yes, haunting right from that masterful guitar opening. Chris is flawless on so many levels. I particularly enjoy how the song develops from the far corners of the globe in spite of the language differences. It's a great example of music being the International Language. Let's do the video, Dave.

Enjoy whatever happens!
marty

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@babumusic51
SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/marty-straub
and https://soundcloud.com/babumusic-5080285
Band in a Box, Reaper, Cakewalk, Ozone 11
User Showcase
Veteran
Veteran
awesome guys perfect vocal loved it great job all of you really well done thanks Eric

AMD (TM) 5950 4.9 GHz 16Core Processor 64 bit 32 bits of ram windows 10 pro 64 bit os. sound card Antelope ZenQ guitars Ibanez 2202a 1968 les Paul Custom and Cavin ae 185 Guitar boss Gt-100,GT1000 pedal Yamaha HS8 studio monitors
Scott C #640375 02/05/21 06:57 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: Pat Marr
very nice Dave! Hats off to the whole team on this one! An easy song to like! Love the vocals! Really all the parts fit together perfectly. The cello real track is a nice addition

The cello was a last minute addition, I felt the song needed something to kick the chorus up a notch. Thanks, Pat!

Originally Posted By: Ghostgum
Lyrics, vocals blend well with the track. Quite haunting.

Appreciate the listen and comments!

Originally Posted By: Scott C
Beautiful vocal. Loved the backtrack and your chord progress. A sense of sadness. Awesome guitar work Dave. Well done

I tried a bunch of different things with the guitar but ended up using the less is more approach. Nice to get a comment like that from a fellow guitarist I respect, thanks, Scott! wink

User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Hi BlueAttitude,

It's really a beautiful composition both in terms of the arrangement and the sublime voice of Christiane Spruit as well as the very engaging lyrics. Very nice demonstration of your talents. I really appreciated.

Kindly regard
Take care of yourself
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash

Kindly regards
Derochette
alias JaniJackFlash
User Showcase
Expert
Expert
Absolutely fantastic!

Well done everyone.

moto

User Showcase
Veteran
Online Content
Veteran
Really nice - it's immersive like a Pink Floyd song.

I never seem to remember the actual lyrics of your songs, because I'm so caught up on the mood and sound.

It's as much an "experience" as a song. laugh

-- David Cuny
My virtual singer development blog

Vocal control, you say. Never heard of it. Is that some kind of ProTools thing?
User Showcase
D
Expert
Expert
D
BlueAttitude,

Man, what a great vocal—Chris sounds outstanding on this . . . actually the entire production is top notch. Just resonates; totally professional sounding cut. Love the lead guitar work. Brilliant work on this one.

All my best,

Deej

Robertkc #640526 02/06/21 12:07 AM
User Showcase
Veteran
OP Offline
Veteran
Originally Posted By: floyd jane
BlueAttitude never falters. A solid band sound with everyone doing their part - and doing it well.
Marty's bass.
Dave's guitars.
Chris' write, vocals, piano.
The band's BGVs.

Y'all have developed a terrific sound. Consistently good. Always an enjoyable listen. One more cut for the next album...

Good mix.

Nice.

fj

We have a blast working on these songs together, most fun I have ever had with music including when I used to gig.

Very kind of you floyd, thanks!

Originally Posted By: tommyad
Dave, Chris & Marty, you definitely have kept your high bar intact with this song. The vocal delivers the lyric perfectly. The guitars and bass are played with great expertise as expected. Very well produced. Nicely done, Tom

Appreciate the listen and comments, thanks Tom!

Originally Posted By: Robertkc
Dave, Marty & Chris,
A beautifully restrained arrangement that fits the song`s mood... which to my ears begins with a slightly eastern feel and builds into a bluesy spiritual affirmation.
Everything sounds right- no surprise!- another fine fine song from you.

Robert

"bluesy spiritual affirmation", I like that! Thanks, Robert wink

Previous Thread
Next Thread
Go To
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
ChatPG

Ask sales and support questions about Band-in-a-Box using natural language.

ChatPG's knowledge base includes the full Band-in-a-Box User Manual and sales information from the website.

PG Music News
Convenient Ways to Listen to Band-in-a-Box® Songs Created by Program Users!

The User Showcase Forum is an excellent place to share your Band-in-a-Box® songs and listen to songs other program users are creating!

There are other places you can listen to these songs too! Visit our User Showcase page to sort by genre, artist (forum name), song title, and date - each listing will direct you to the forum post for that song.

If you'd rather listen to these songs in one place, head to our Band-in-a-Box® Radio, where you'll have the option to select the genre playlist for your listening pleasure. This page has SoundCloud built in, so it won't redirect you. We've also added the link to the Artists SoundCloud page here, and a link to their forum post.

We hope you find some inspiration from this amazing collection of User Showcase Songs!

Congratulations to the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

We've just announced the 2023 User Showcase Award Winners!

There are 45 winners, each receiving a Band-in-a-Box 2024 UltraPAK! Read the official announcement to see if you've won.

Our User Showcase Forum receives more than 50 posts per day, with people sharing their Band-in-a-Box songs and providing feedback for other songs posted.

Thank you to everyone who has contributed!

Video: Volume Automation in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created a video to help you learn more about the Volume Automation options in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows.

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Volume Automation

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#volume-automation

Video: Audio Input Monitoring with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®

We've created this short video to explain Audio Input Monitoring within Band-in-a-Box® 2024, and included some tips & troubleshooting details too!

Band-in-a-Box® 2024: Audio Input Monitoring

3:17: Tips
5:10: Troubleshooting

www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024full/chapter11.htm#audio-input-monitoring

Video: Enhanced Melodists in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows®!

We've enhanced the Melodists feature included in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows!

Access the Melodist feature by pressing F7 in the program to open the new MultiPicker Library and locate the [Melodist] tab.

You can now generate a melody on any track in the program - very handy! Plus, you select how much of the melody you want generated - specify a range, or apply it to the whole track.

See the Melodist in action with our video, Band-in-a-Box® 2024: The Melodist Window.

Learn even more about the enhancements to the Melodist feature in Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows at www.pgmusic.com/manuals/bbw2024upgrade/chapter3.htm#enhanced-melodist

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

New with the DAW Plugin Version 6.0, released with Band-in-a-Box® 2024 for Windows: the Reaper® Panel!

This new panel offers built-in specific support for the Reaper® DAW API allowing direct transfer of Band-in-a-Box® files to/from Reaper® tracks!

When you run the Plugin from Reaper®, there is a panel to set the following options:
-BB Track(s) to send: This allows you to select the Plugin tracks that will be sent Reaper.
-Destination Reaper Track: This lets you select the destination Reaper track to receive media content from the Plugin.
-At Bar: You can select a bar in Reaper where the Plugin tracks should be placed.
-Start Below Selected Track: This allows you to place the Plugin tracks below the destination Reaper track.
-Overwrite Reaper Track: You can overwrite previous content on the destination Reaper track.
-Move to Project Folder: With this option, you can move the Plugin tracks to the Reaper project folder.
-Send Reaper Instructions Enable this option to send the Reaper Instructions instead of rendering audio tracks, which is faster.
-Render Audio & Instructions: Enable this option to generate audio files and the Reaper instructions.
-Send Tracks After Generating: This allows the Plugin to automatically send tracks to Reaper after generating.
-Send Audio for MIDI Track: Enable this option to send rendered audio for MIDI tracks.
-Send RealCharts with Audio: If this option is enabled, Enable this option to send RealCharts with audio.

Check out this video highlighting the new Reaper®-specific features: Band-in-a-Box® DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Specifically for Reaper®

Band-in-a-Box® 2024 DAW Plugin Version 6: New Features Video

The new Band-in-a-Box VST DAW Plugin Verion 6 adds over 20 new features!

Watch the new features video to learn more: Video: Band-in-a-Box® 2024 - DAW Plugin Version 6 New Features

We also list these new features at www.pgmusic.com/bbwin.plugin.htm.

Forum Statistics
Forums66
Topics81,307
Posts731,346
Members38,410
Most Online2,537
Jan 19th, 2020
Newest Members
DJ Jazzy Jimbob, PatSar63, danidatoad, resower, Nicholas -PG Music
38,410 Registered Users
Top Posters(30 Days)
MarioD 213