Any Other Day

I wrote this just for the heck of it - not for any particular opportunity or reason other than I wanted to. Although I've written quite a few, I hadn't written a piece of film music in quite some time. It features trumpet and jazzy-bluesy piano taking the lead. My biggest concern is if the strings are too loud - I tend to do that sometimes.

The piano solo and intro is a BIAB midi track. This is the best I've ever got a midi acoustic piano to sound. I was very happy with that.

The trumpet is very temperamental! I tried to even out the volume fluctuations with compression and track adjustments, but never got it as smooth and even as I wanted. I tried a third compression on it but that took away too much of the trumpets character. So I left it alone after track adjustments (lowering and raising the trumpet volume in various individual bars) and 2 mild compressions.

Thanks in advance for any listens and comments. Wishing everyone well.

Alan

File:Any Other Day.MGU
Key=Eb , Tempo 89, Length (m:s)=4:40
4 bar intro, 32 bar chorus, from bar 5 to bar 36. Repeat x3 choruses
Melody has 988 notes, Melody harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Soloist track has 715 notes, Soloist harmony is < no harmony >(0)
Song is saved with Volume, Pan, Reverb, Chorus, Bank0,
Song is saved with bar changes for Volume Changes,

Style is C_CLOUDS.STY (Clouds - Top 40 Country R&B)

Style MIDI Instruments are : Fretless Elec. Bass (36), Slow Strings (50),
RealTracks in song: ~~365:Guitar, Acoustic, Fingerpicking Ev 085
RealTracks in song: 1409:Piano, SynthLayer, Rhythm Soul70sSteady Ev16 100
RealTracks in song: ~~1069:Trumpet, Soloist SmoothJazzCool Sw16 100 (Bluesy)
MIDI Drums :41 Brushes Kit (41)

RealDrums substituted :NashvilleEven16^1-a:Sidestick, HiHat , b:Snare, Ride

Last edited by Al-David; 11/01/17 11:49 PM.

BIAB 2024 Ultra Plus-all StylePaks*Win11*16GB DDR5*Rhyzen 9745x*AT 2035 Mic*Peavey Nashville 112 Amp*Ibanez ART120* Acoustic/Electric/Washburn D200S Acoustic*Stromberg Monterey Jazz Guitar

Loops: https://aldavidmusic.wixsite.com/bestmusicloops